Relics and gunslingers

Karzboi

Camp Relic of Boundless Ages I believe its called, does internal dmg. But honestly your prolly better off just getting a mount for 200 daily comms, with 1.3 in a few days the new bis will be 2x War Hero power relics.

agreed. Campaign relics had their moments but now they will be less desireble due to the fact they will not work in PvP (only HP bonus increase) and even in PvE new WH relics may be better just because of stat boost.

Camp Relic of Boundless Ages I believe its called, does internal dmg. But honestly your prolly better off just getting a mount for 200 daily comms, with 1.3 in a few days the new bis will be 2x War Hero power relics.

I'd really like to see your math on that statement because none of the theorycrafting sites has 2x WH power relics as BIS.

I'd really like to see your math on that statement because none of the theorycrafting sites has 2x WH power relics as BIS.

We can do the math to figure it out:

New War Hero Relic offers 113 power

Campaign on-use power relic (currently) offers 405 power for 20 seconds every 120 seconds. 405power/6= 67.5 power

Matrix cube offers 80 cunning, 8 crit (once updated in 1.3).

113 power is better than 67.5 power, 80cunning/8crit. So that leaves the proc relic. Now, the math here is more complicated, but if you use any of the theorycrafting tools out there (Tibbel's spreadsheet, Simulation Craft) you'll probably find that the proc trinkets are very, very close to the matrix cube in terms of DPS.

113 straight up power is hard to fight. Honestly, I'd expect some kind of change to happen to them at some point because they are just too good for PvE.

• 2 weeks later...
We can do the math to figure it out:

New War Hero Relic offers 113 power

Campaign on-use power relic (currently) offers 405 power for 20 seconds every 120 seconds. 405power/6= 67.5 power

Matrix cube offers 80 cunning, 8 crit (once updated in 1.3).

113 power is better than 67.5 power, 80cunning/8crit. So that leaves the proc relic. Now, the math here is more complicated, but if you use any of the theorycrafting tools out there (Tibbel's spreadsheet, Simulation Craft) you'll probably find that the proc trinkets are very, very close to the matrix cube in terms of DPS.

113 straight up power is hard to fight. Honestly, I'd expect some kind of change to happen to them at some point because they are just too good for PvE.

this is true if you put out straight constant dps all the time.

saboteur, for example, have a hard hitter on 1 minute cooldown, in which you can dish out some burst damage within the on-use relic duration and use your standard energy saving rotations otherwise. with that you can actually gain more than a constant stat boost. i posted a couple of months ago that having a different on-use relic equipped (405 power and the 355 power one) you can actually alternate both relics exactly every minute since those dont actually share the same cooldown on use.

take note tho, that currently on-use relic had their magnitude cut down for longer duration. so warhero relics would still be very well better overall.

From a PVP perspective only, do we think that the new War Hero Power Relic is the best replacement for the old Matrix Cube Relic with no expertise?

more than likely yes.

Edited by Wesgile