The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kill speed with Elara?

Mrceto

Hiya folks,

I'm leveling up an Assault Trooper currently level 18, so far things die fairly quick thanks to Jorgen's dps. I was wondering how much things will slow down once I get Elara, especially with gold boss mobs. Will it be really slow or nothing to worry about?

Thanks!

I leveled all the way as a tank so I cant relate 100% but killing things took PAINFULLY long.....HOWEVER, I never died. To anything. Ever. So to say I went 1-50 and died less than 5 times (accidental suicide for most of those) was pretty kool. As a dps tho, you should be alright. You will notice slower kill rates regardless, but you will prob never be killed either.

If you're able to manage resources then you shouldn't have any or minimal break between fights as Elara will keep you healed up.

My friend who was a gunnery commando ran with Jorgen while I as a SS VG ran with Elara. When we entered class quest zones separately I always finished before him. This was because I didn't have to recharge between fights while he had to.

I leveled all the way as a tank so I cant relate 100% but killing things took PAINFULLY long.....HOWEVER, I never died. To anything. Ever. So to say I went 1-50 and died less than 5 times (accidental suicide for most of those) was pretty kool. As a dps tho, you should be alright. You will notice slower kill rates regardless, but you will prob never be killed either.
If you're that worried about kill speed, you can turn off all of Elara's cast-time abilities. That way she only uses her instant cast skills, while still keeping you decently healed.

Thank you for the responses, I guess never dying is worth the slower kill rates. :)

slower kill rate is a bit deceptive here. Will a SS VG with a healer burn down a set of mobs fast? no, but he will move to the next group immediately and so on...thus in the long run, they will even out with a dps duo.

Also lvl to mobs is a factor as well. under mob lvl and the tank/healer will survive where a dps duo fails, but over lvl and dps duo will be very fast.

With my Vanguard Tank, it takes about the same amount of time to run the Esh-Ka cave in the Belsavis dailies area using Elara or a comparably geared Yunn (Melee DPS). Yunn is fun because things die soo fast, but I don't yet have the gear to make it faster. My Powertech is faster with her melee DPS companion, but she is better geared.