PC and Mac install question

Apashii

Your copy of SWTOR is account bound, so you only ever need 1 copy and you can use it from any PC and install it as many times as you like.

But SWTOR will not work on OSX as it requires directx, so either way you will have to use windows. There is no Mac version.

You can get it to run in Wine under OSX and Linux with a bit of work, but performance is pretty poor so don't bother.

Edited by NasherUK

I bought Swtor for PC and have received a new mac recently. Do I need to buy a brand-new copy of swtor for mac to be able to install it?

You will not have to buy the game again, just use the same installation disk and account. Unfortunetly the game dose not have a native Mac client, so you will have to install it on one of the various "windows emulator" out there.

1st - no you dont need to buy second time

2nd - use WineHQ("Wine is a free and open source software application that aims to allow computer programs written for Microsoft Windows to run on Unix-like operating systems.)

You need to use Bootcamp to load windows onto your Mac, and can then run it from there. I run it on a newish (less then 1 year old) 15" Macbook Pro (upgraded to 8 gigs RAM) and it runs great. I had to turn off shadows, but otherwise I can keep most of the graphics cranked up.

I tried to run it under VMWare Fusion, an emulator, and it failed miserably. Go with a straight bootcamp install.

Edited by split_light