The Dilemma and why it needs to be address

Crimson_Merc

Bioware, I am just going to say right of the bat that I enjoy the game thus far, but there are many issues that need to be address.

One of the more serious issues here comes in the form of character transfers. There was definitely a population problem on many servers and character transfers were a great idea however, it was only partially incorporated. When someone says character transfers I say cool I can now transfer my character to any server that I want. Unfortunately, these were "forced" transfers to a pre designated server and they left little choices for us, but it gets worse. I along with many people I am sure, have a high level character (or characters) that were on a certain server where the population seemed like it was low and wanted to transfer. In my case, I had a level 50 character on a server that wasn't very active so I started new characters on different a server that were much more populated. When character transfers started happening I was like cool I can now transfer my level 50 to my other characters, but I was shocked to see that my server wasn't doing transfers at all and instead people were transferring to my server. This leaves my character, which is level 50, with great gear, credits and a high legacy rank stuck on a server that I don't even want to be on anymore. I am sure many people are frustrated by the same issue and this needs to be fixed.

Also, a little unrelated, but still important is the ability to change our appearance, race and even name. Now I do realize you guys don't have a lot of experience in the MMO genre with this game being your first real experience, but these are features that are standard in nearly every MMO. Saying stuff like oh its not a priority, or we have some ideas is near unacceptable. We are loyal customers and we should have access to standard MMO features along with transfers to any server that we want. Though I despise WoW, their customer service was simply AMAZING and when I wanted something I got it. All I hear from the customer service here is oh that might be in the feature and oh we have some ideas and I don't want to pay $15 a month for a service that is sub-par compared to other MMOs.

I know that it isn't purely your fault Bioware, and that EA rushed you extremely to push this game out but you must understand that these are standard MMO features and the absence of them makes this game feel very incomplete.

Thanks,

Crimson_Merc

So let me get this straight... This "dilemma" needs to be addressed because... you say it does? WoW didn't have name/race changes at launch either. Give Bioware time and I'm willing to bet they will implement all these features someday too, but rudely urging them isn't gonna make them feel very enthusiastic about it.

...why the hell should the game have RACE changes? That makes no sense. You want a new race, then re-roll.

Name changes, fine. I'm sure they'll be available eventually. And if you want to move your characters to specific servers, then just wait for the paid transfers to come out. The free transfers happened only to give the majority of players enough people to play with to make most content accessible. The vast majority of the population is happy with the way the free transfers went. If you aren't, then you can wait for paid transfers and move your character to wherever your little heart desires. But you are absolutely not entitled to that for free.

Do you have any idea how long people were asking for the Barbershop (in game character custominzation changes) in WoW before it was finally implemented?

Take a seat for a bit, hoss, and be patient. It will get here soon enough.

Riôt

I'm going to go with "Long enough that BW should have known it's a feature people want and that there was no reasonable excuse for it to have not been in for launch.".

That's how long.

When character transfers started happening I was like cool I can now transfer my level 50 to my other characters, but I was shocked to see that my server wasn't doing transfers at all and instead people were transferring to my server.

So you're saying that your server was dead and it's now getting more people without you even having to do anything about it and that's a a bad thing?

The server transfers were micro managed for a reason.. read the dev tracker and you might come across the "super server" ideas.. and "Paid Transfer Service" which is due to follow this managed transfer stage... they know where players have re-rolled and they know if they can hook you in with hope of you gaining a "FREE" transfer then hopefully when your not able to for free you will stay keen and willing to pay some overprice $$ FEE $$ to unite your lvl50 toon with your re-rolled ones on the server of your choosing.... next month maybe... ???

In other news ....

No to Race Changes - Silly idea.. the fact you get Race unlocks in your Legacy suggests this isn't gunna happen anytime soon, thankfully

Yes to Name changes and Legacy Name changes.

Yes to character customisations... i want my dayglow pink eyebrows!!!

Extra Toon slots... be nice considering the Legacy system and all....

Extra bank space.... Would be nice also

Ship Customisations.. Would be a bonus

The list of wants could be infinite..... But sadly these are all to common Cash shop elments in many MMO's these days..... oooh wait, what?.... SWTOR F2P???.... who let that puddy cat out the bag ....

Why werent these things in game at launch.. well it would of been if BW/EA had launched it F2P rather than P2P.

Edited by Bloodstealer

Yeah I know that in some MMOs this wasn't in at launch, but on the other hand in other MMO's in was. In SWG there was always an Image Designer profession to change your character appearance and you could change your name at any time, you just had to request a name change through a dev via a ticket. This game came out in 2003, and WoW, even though they didn't have a lot of features at launch, (no guild banks, barber shop, group finder etc) it has them now, and if your making a brand-new MMO wouldn't you want to have all of the features that have become the standard? Now in WoW you can change your race, sex, transfer to any server, change your class and name (all for money of course), and its always nice to have that option. You really expect me to re-roll a new character just because Bioware got pressured to release a game that is half complete? Doesn't make any sense at all. What about all of my gear? Credits and everything?

To remedy some of the other problems I see a couple of solutions. First for legacy name, why not have it so that legacy names are not unique and anyone can have whatever legacy name they want regardless if it is already taken. In SWG, when you created a character you you selected a first name and a surname, but only the first name had to be unique. This way people could roleplay in-game with the same last name and say oh this is my brother ,sister, husband, wife etc. As far as gear, all gear should be usable by characters in the same legacy and be able to be worn by all of your characters in a certain legacy or all of your characters in general. Telling me to re-roll isn't an option and pretty ridiculous to say the least.