Looking for "cool" Medium Armor boots/gloves

Taleera

Salutations all!

My Sith-Marauder (L47) is currently searching for good-looking boots/gloves. My problem is that I'm quite concerned about my character's appearance, and the armor options available to me now ... well, for some strange reason they either do not look like actual armor at all (the boots in particular all look like Light Armor), or they feature some crazy extensions and tubes and cables that do not quite fit my image of Star Wars, or at least not the image I have of my character.

To give you an idea of what I'm looking for: This is my character's current appearance. With exception of the boots, gloves and belt, all the stuff is orange and thus customizable. The boots and gloves, however, are level ~20ish blue quality items. Needless to say, I am starting to feel somewhat undergeared. My group has been able to tackle any and all challenges so far, but I'd really like to finally upgrade my boots and gloves so that I may pull some more weight than I do now.

My question to you: Is anyone here able to direct me towards L40+ boots and gloves that fit my current choice of clothes pictured above? They should look somewhat armored, not feature any silly add-ons, and preferrably be long (gloves extending to the elbows, boots to or over the knees). Names of the item would be appreciated, as would the location and means of acquisition. Pictures would be amazing!

Ironically, the exact same boots and gloves design I am wearing now is actually available as an orange item - just that it's Heavy armor. Looking at the pictures of the Legacy armor sets almost felt as if the devs were trolling me. :p

Either way, any help would be appreciated. Hail to the Empire!

- Nemera Rhun, Sith-Duelist in service to Lord Anmun

Salutations all!

My Sith-Marauder (L47) is currently searching for good-looking boots/gloves. My problem is that I'm quite concerned about my character's appearance, and the armor options available to me now ... well, for some strange reason they either do not look like actual armor at all (the boots in particular all look like Light Armor), or they feature some crazy extensions and tubes and cables that do not quite fit my image of Star Wars, or at least not the image I have of my character.

To give you an idea of what I'm looking for: This is my character's current appearance. With exception of the boots, gloves and belt, all the stuff is orange and thus customizable. The boots and gloves, however, are level ~20ish blue quality items. Needless to say, I am starting to feel somewhat undergeared. My group has been able to tackle any and all challenges so far, but I'd really like to finally upgrade my boots and gloves so that I may pull some more weight than I do now.

My question to you: Is anyone here able to direct me towards L40+ boots and gloves that fit my current choice of clothes pictured above? They should look somewhat armored, not feature any silly add-ons, and preferrably be long (gloves extending to the elbows, boots to or over the knees). Names of the item would be appreciated, as would the location and means of acquisition. Pictures would be amazing!

Ironically, the exact same boots and gloves design I am wearing now is actually available as an orange item - just that it's Heavy armor. Looking at the pictures of the Legacy armor sets almost felt as if the devs were trolling me. :p

Either way, any help would be appreciated. Hail to the Empire!

- Nemera Rhun, Sith-Duelist in service to Lord Anmun

It's no secret that Marauders got the shaft in terms of looks. I think someone who played in beta said that someone ****ed it up at launch and SWITCHED all our gear. Why they just LEFT it is beyond me though.

If the Jugg legacy boots are what you're after, you can try farming Valen Korik in the Reliquary in the Dark Temple for his artifact Strategist Boots, but good luck. I've been trying for them for three months now and nothing. They ARE moddable, just search for em on torhead. I've just never seen them drop though I did once know a guy who had em.

As for the gloves, idk why your link won't open for me but you might try going to Voss and getting the Ancient Ardent Blade's gloves off the Comm vendor. They're what I use and they sync to just about any chest you have pretty well.

It's no secret that Marauders got the shaft in terms of looks. I think someone who played in beta said that someone ****ed it up at launch and SWITCHED all our gear. Why they just LEFT it is beyond me though.
Really? Damn.

I'm at a loss for why someone thought that skirts and cloth boots make for good medium armor. I can certainly see Sith Assassins running around in that kind of gear, but really? Why are Juggernauts the only ones supposed to wear anything that actually looks somewhat protective? :confused:

If the Jugg legacy boots are what you're after, you can try farming Valen Korik in the Reliquary in the Dark Temple for his artifact Strategist Boots, but good luck. I've been trying for them for three months now and nothing. They ARE moddable, just search for em on torhead. I've just never seen them drop though I did once know a guy who had em.
This is an amazing hint. Even given the low chance of success, this is the closest I've come to a solution in weeks. Thank you!

As for the gloves, idk why your link won't open for me but you might try going to Voss and getting the Ancient Ardent Blade's gloves off the Comm vendor. They're what I use and they sync to just about any chest you have pretty well.
Hmm, I'll take a look at them. :)

You've actually got two choices I believe, if you're looking for a modular version of that. One, is the Prototype Strategist Boots(my marauder is wearing them currently), and the other choice is finding Prototype Fervent Rage Boots(my operative is wearing them). Both are modular, but super rare to see. Other than that, you're pretty much stuck wearing "old man socks."

As for the gloves, you can go with the Gilded Xonolite gloves, or the Battle Instructor Gloves to match the set. If you're looking for the leggings to use, Fervent Rage, Strategist, or Marauder's Leggings work nicely.

Edited by coldserpent

You've actually got two choices I believe, if you're looking for a modular version of that. One, is the Prototype Strategist Boots(my marauder is wearing them currently), and the other choice is finding Prototype Fervent Rage Boots(my operative is wearing them).
I've begun farming for the Strategist Boots, but (as could be expected), no luck so far. I did get a nice orange belt, but it's heavy armor.

As for your alternative, I suppose you mean the Fervent Battle boots? I could find no other on torhead, but judging from the icon they look like they'd be the correct design. Do you still remember where you found them, perchance?

Other than that, you're pretty much stuck wearing "old man socks."
So true...

You know, I just sent some cool medium armour boots (actual armour, with plates and stuff!) over from Republic side, but upon trying to pick them up they switched looks into "old man socks" because of Empire. The game really is trolling me. :p

As for the gloves, you can go with the Gilded Xonolite gloves, or the Battle Instructor Gloves to match the set.
The Battle Instructor Gloves look nice. I'll try hunting them down, I think. Thanks for the hint! Edited by Taleera

I've begun farming for the Strategist Boots, but (as could be expected), no luck so far. I did get a nice orange belt, but it's heavy armor.

As for your alternative, I suppose you mean the Fervent Battle boots? I could find no other on torhead, but judging from the icon they look like they'd be the correct design. Do you still remember where you found them, perchance?

So true...

You know, I just sent some cool medium armour boots (actual armour, with plates and stuff!) over from Republic side, but upon trying to pick them up they switched looks into "old man socks" because of Empire. The game really is trolling me. :p

The Battle Instructor Gloves look nice. I'll try hunting them down, I think. Thanks for the hint!

Those are the boots I was talking about. But they have to be the prototype version, as the blue version and craft versions aren't modular. I believe I found them on the GTN on my old server about two months ago for like....3k credits, so I snatched them up. Same w/ the Strategist Boots that my Marauder currently wears.

A little off topic, but I didn't want to have to start a whole new thread.

Anyway, I'm searching for modular chest armor for my female Sith Marauder that looks like a half shirt or belly shirt or whatever they're called now days. Anyone know how or where I can find something like this? Or perhaps what it's called so that I can search for it on the GTN?

- Thanks.

Here's two that spring to mind:

They do come with a sort of skirt'ish attachment, however. I don't think there is anything else in the game other than this design. It also exists in other quality levels and with other names, it shouldn't be hard to find these or one of their green/blue variants in the Exchange if you just look for medium armor chests.

[edit] Ribbed Chestguard and Guardsman's Chestguard actually do come without the "skirt" thing.

Edited by Taleera

Here's two that spring to mind:

They do come with a sort of skirt'ish attachment, however. I don't think there is anything else in the game other than this design. It also exists in other quality levels and with other names, it shouldn't be hard to find these or one of their green/blue variants in the Exchange if you just look for medium armor chests.

[edit] Ribbed Chestguard and Guardsman's Chestguard actually do come without the "skirt" thing.

Also, the Veteran Elder Blade's Chestguard has the muscle belly-shirt look, but without the big rig mudflap in the back, and it's Modular.

Also, the Veteran Elder Blade's Chestguard has the muscle belly-shirt look, but without the big rig mudflap in the back, and it's Modular.

Thanks for the info, that's exactly the kind of thing that I'm looking for.

Is there a particular way that I can get this item, that you know of? A Heroic or Flashpoint for instance?

Thanks for the info, that's exactly the kind of thing that I'm looking for.

Is there a particular way that I can get this item, that you know of? A Heroic or Flashpoint for instance?

GTN is your best bet. I believe it's a level 39 modular chestpiece that is a world drop.

http://s459.photobucket.com/albums/qq314/Threefist/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-06-03_23_21_20_062500.jpg

That's my operative walking around with it on. It has a trail in the front, that moves to the side when you're walking or running. And yes, she's wearing the Prototype(purple modular) Fervent Battle Boots, Force Stoic(I have the Force Stoic outfit for all my companions and myself on 2 different level 50 characters) and Marauder leggings. Her rifle is the level 11 modular one that looks like a sawn off 3 barreled shotgun.

Edited by coldserpent

GTN is your best bet. I believe it's a level 39 modular chestpiece that is a world drop.

http://s459.photobucket.com/albums/qq314/Threefist/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-06-03_23_21_20_062500.jpg

That's my operative walking around with it on. It has a trail in the front, that moves to the side when you're walking or running. And yes, she's wearing the Prototype(purple modular) Fervent Battle Boots, Force Stoic(I have the Force Stoic outfit for all my companions and myself on 2 different level 50 characters) and Marauder leggings. Her rifle is the level 11 modular one that looks like a sawn off 3 barreled shotgun.

what is the name of that chest piece?

my marauder

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd405/Nemesissocks/Screenshot_2012-07-02_00_55_03_841411.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd405/Nemesissocks/Screenshot_2012-07-02_00_54_37_040878.jpg

Edited by Hizoka

Thank you very much for the help! :)
No prob!

Valias here, btw. :p

Whoah, not bad. Where did you get the boots from - GTN as well? Torhead sadly doesn't list a drop point.

my marauder

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd405/Nemesissocks/Screenshot_2012-07-02_00_55_03_841411.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd405/Nemesissocks/Screenshot_2012-07-02_00_54_37_040878.jpg

Very nice. I approve of the hairstyle. :D

That reminds me. The boots that Thana Vesh was wearing were cool, too, but those seem to be a no-go for us as well. I'm starting to think this is intended to make Sith Marauders feel more Rage. :p

No prob!

Whoah, not bad. Where did you get the boots from - GTN as well? Torhead sadly doesn't list a drop point.

Very nice. I approve of the hairstyle. :D

That reminds me. The boots that Thana Vesh was wearing were cool, too, but those seem to be a no-go for us as well. I'm starting to think this is intended to make Sith Marauders feel more Rage. :p

i have thanas whole set, the boots i wear are hers

Edited by Hizoka

I'm actually looking forward to when my Marauder hits 50, and I do flashpoints for the Tionese Field Tech's Jacket(the sniper one), because I like the coloration and look. Of course I'll be ripping the mod and armor plate out, replacing them with the War Hero Vindicator armor plate set bonus(I'm looking forward to getting a 10% damage boost once every 12 seconds when I use Force Charge to hop onto someone). Will add the same for the boots, gloves, and probably either headpiece or leggings.

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/thumbnails/39/759/630/630/agent_fieldtech.jpg

This is what the chestpiece I'll be shooting for looks like. The Tionese one. I'm happy w/ my Prototype Fervent Battle Boots(purple modular), Prototype Fervent Battle Leggings(purple modular), Marauder's Exalted Gloves, and I'm using the Traditional Nylite Headgear. Needless to say, other than the chestpiece, I think I'm pretty well set on my outfit's look. I'll take a screenshot as soon as I get the Tionese Field Tech Jacket to show the look. :D

No prob!

I got them from the GTN. If you're super lucky, you might get them from a purple lockbox on Nar Shadaa from the commendations vendor. I just recently found them again on the GTN for 3k credits, and they were the purple modular ones, so they went to my marauder. Being a cybertech on my marauder has been super helpful, as I've kept up to date with purple armor plates/mods on my gear through the levels(even ahead, when I have the appropriate armor/mods waiting for me at the appropriate level increments).

If you can't come across the Prototype Fervent Battle Boots, there's also the Prototype Strategist Boots(Level 12 purple modular) that has the same armor plated footwear look.

I got them from the GTN. If you're super lucky, you might get them from a purple lockbox on Nar Shadaa from the commendations vendor. I just recently found them again on the GTN for 3k credits, and they were the purple modular ones, so they went to my marauder. Being a cybertech on my marauder has been super helpful, as I've kept up to date with purple armor plates/mods on my gear through the levels(even ahead, when I have the appropriate armor/mods waiting for me at the appropriate level increments).
Oh well, the GTN again. :p

Hmm, I wonder, which level would you have to be to farm Nar Shaddaa commendations via the group finder? 20? :cool:

If you can't come across the Prototype Fervent Battle Boots, there's also the Prototype Strategist Boots(Level 12 purple modular) that has the same armor plated footwear look.

Aye, I am currently farming those. Here's hoping for some luck! Already pulled half a dozen orange/purple moddable items out of Valen Korik, but not the boots.

Oh well, the GTN again. :p

Hmm, I wonder, which level would you have to be to farm Nar Shaddaa commendations via the group finder? 20? :cool:

Aye, I am currently farming those. Here's hoping for some luck! Already pulled half a dozen orange/purple moddable items out of Valen Korik, but not the boots.

I've never used the group finder for anything. I also have a bad habit of leveling over each planet by a bunch(I usually reach Nar Shadaa in the mid to late 20s), except for the marauder I'm working on. I didn't reach Nar Shadaa until around level 32-34. :/

I also love the look of those boots and gloves and was having a hard time finding moddable versions until someone on my server (Fatman) started making these and I bought them off the GTN;

http://www.torhead.com/index.php/item/bkyI6I9/marauders-gloves

http://www.torhead.com/index.php/item/6VuY5mH/sith-combatant-gloves

http://www.torhead.com/index.php/item/g1gmfro/marauders-boots

http://www.torhead.com/index.php/item/3Z9KlBf/sith-combatant-boots

Darth Venim

They are out there you just have to be patient.

Edited by Greyle