Microtransactions will be in every EA game

Drom

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, yes, but to use his analogy, he'd walk into the gap, pay for the jeans, get home then have to pay for the times when he wanted to use the pockets.

Well I paid $60 for these jeans and I have to pay $15 a month to wear them. :eek:

I'd have no problem with "microtransactions" if most of them weren't actually macrotransactions.

The whole initial concept behind microtransactions is that you're selling digital goods with virtually no "per item" production overhead, so you can make a nice profit selling them for pennies (or fractions of a penny) because millions of people will be more than happy to spend that little to get them.

But most so-called "microtransactions" nowadays are dollars, or tens of dollars. Most people don't feel they are a good deal, and mostly feel ripped off... so they don't sell terribly well, so they tend to remain with the high prices to try to recoup the sunk "creation" costs.

Depends how you define pay to win i suppose, does it have to be weapons and armour, if you can buy something to make you level faster or increase currency gathering i would class that as pay 2 win, also STO sells ships and items that really are pay to win.

Thats not pay to win. Thats pay for convenience. Currently time is the only in game currency. In games that offer accelerators all they are doing is allowing someone to pay for in game time. Its aimed at working class gamers.

You dont get anything extra. Offer items that require time and achievement or luck to get then you have a point. Some western mmos may do this but not many. Not really a big deal to me, thought its a giant waste of money. If someone really wants to do that, meh their money.

Smart Devs and company's don't make true starwars fans angry.Lets pray we have a bunch of nerdy over educated folks at BW becuase you DON"T wanna make your loyal fans angry with micro transactions and fully free to play. I will cite SWG's true fans as a reference to save some pain and lives for the long term.

Fluff is fine BTW i'm not as passionate as my brethren I will just cancel and play tetris.

Edited by nartiuslightlord

• 3 weeks later...
I can deal with paying for server transfers, race changes, etc. But microtransactions in-game? I fear that would kill the game. Would certainly take the fun out of it. If the devs are out there listening, please no microtransactions!