Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

everyone sitting on fleet

JediRaffa

I must say the new transfer put me on a good server with 250+ on fleet.

The issue now is that fat population is just sitting on fleet because the game design has pidgeon holed us into it.

We need a reason to get off fleet at max level aside from dailies and ilum.

The issue now is that fat population is just sitting on fleet because the game design has pidgeon holed us into it.

this was different when there were less people on the server?

Sorry man, there are reasons to do dailies and just like every other MMO there are raids/fp/pvp. It's just that people like to show off their gear and "hang out". Log in to any mmo out there and you will find a popular hang out. It's just how it is, no game design can break away the communities desire to congregate all in one place.

this will change a little bit when when they add group finder in 1.3 as people don't have to sit on the fleet spaming genral chat to find a group

Sorry man, there are reasons to do dailies and just like every other MMO there are raids/fp/pvp. It's just that people like to show off their gear and "hang out". Log in to any mmo out there and you will find a popular hang out. It's just how it is, no game design can break away the communities desire to congregate all in one place.

Why would anyone want to show off their gear in this game, it's all the same.

I've seen more people everywhere I've been since the transfers. 50+ on Alderaan, 150 on Nar Shadaa, 70 in the Black Hole, etc. It isn't just the fleets that have had their numbers increased, there are people EVERYWHERE. Its awesome.

You know that "other game"?

People complain about the same thing.

Be glad that you have a place to sit and communicate with other people. Being on the fleet also makes a great place to collect groups for PvP and PvE.

I'd be happy if people would just stop hanging in front of the mailbox. Get you mail and go and stop parking your car on top of the mailbox already, you jerks! :mad:

When I have done studies of the population, I have seen only about 10-15% of the server's population on the fleet at any given time. It fluctuates a lot, but but it is not nearly a majority. There are people in Ops, warzones, flashpoints, leveling Legacy characters, doing dailies, space missions, or just out picking flowers.

I think maybe you're bored and are projecting it onto everyone else. There are a lot of people out there, and they are not nearly all standing on the fleet.

You could always run some low level toons through Esseles for social points and give them all teh gear.

You could form some PUG groups for normal or HM FP's.

Give PVP a chance.

Any of those would give you something besides dailies and ilum but the thing is, you have to instigate it as it wont just fall in your lap.

Then again, you may be one of those players that has an excuse to not do anything but stand around on the fleet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.