Merc needs something..

Henu

First off I love my merc, i cant get enough of playing that class but when 1.3 hits with rated WZ i know im not going to be pulled into alot of groups coz frankly i dont bring anything to the team.

Most other class have something that helps the team out, things like Pulls, sprint, cloak, leaps, bubbles, group shields, guard, interrupts and so on but us mercs well we have nothing we need something....

I was thinking of one thing in the Arsenal tree and changing 'Pinning fire' from a unload/slow ability to a knock back/root ability..

So 2 points will grant all Merc know backs to also give a 2 sec root, ( 1 sec per point, max 2 sec)

Thoughts?

Edited by Henu

Don't need another knockback that will be affected by resolve. Need a half-decent snare though.

i didnt say ANOTHER knock back, im saying the knock backs we have give a 2 second root.

Arsenal needs roots and immunities to be effective. Sniper is far superior and preferred over a merc.

Pyro needs a way to proc snare 100% of the time and PowerShot needs to be instant. Unload should be removed from this tree. Pyro mercs must be mobile.

And an interrupt needs to be added.

Arsenal needs roots and immunities to be effective. Sniper is far superior and preferred over a merc.

Pyro needs a way to proc snare 100% of the time and PowerShot needs to be instant. Unload should be removed from this tree. Pyro mercs must be mobile.

And an interrupt needs to be added.

Pretty much exactly this. Though I like the snare us pyro's have already. We are pretty much snaring the target the whole time, save the internal cooldiwn. Which is fair. Plus it works on all our abilities. This can be a problem as when a target is stunned or not chasing you or you simply don't need to snare at the time, it happens. Meaning your snare wont happen when you need it to happen, but I don't know how or if I'd really want tthem to change it too much.

I wouldn't mind seeing an ability like Entrenched that would make us immune to leaps and pulls for a short duration.

i didnt say ANOTHER knock back, im saying the knock backs we have give a 2 second root.

Or how about instead of a KB, a gap opener/ escape like Blink (except tied to our jetpacks), which would have the added bonus of not affecting Resolve.