Commendation Vendors Spoil It...

Stevebudz

I've often wondered why they have seperate vendors and comms per planet. Why not just generic comms that can be used at one or several vendors all selling the same stuff which is only restricted by level. What's the harm?

I don't see how this is a spoiler. After you end up with your starship and then finish that said planet, you have to go to your holoterminal on the ship. It then tells you to go to the next planet.....well before you should be back at the fleet. Also, you can buy items with commendations on the planet they originated from

Oh boy. Remember that guy that went on and on for 2 weeks about someone giving him the plague on the fleet. Geeez louise

hahaha I remember that. I think this complaint it going into the Hall of SWTOR Complaint History along with that plague one.

OP, I bet you don't even remember the order of all the planets that are coming your way (assuming this is your first runthrough). Even if you did, it should only build suspense because you now are tantalized and want to know how the story gets you to the planet.

It's like the video game Alan Wake if you ever played it. You are able to collect manuscript pages about the story arc of the entire chapter you are playing, including the end of that specific chapter, well before getting there. You don't know how your character gets to that point, and it gives you a sense of anticipation and in some cases suspense to know what you are about to face.

If you are worrying about immersion breaking, then just consider it a style of story-telling, and not a spoiler.

Be honest with yourself, aren't you excited now to know how the story plays out on the huge planet Corellia? What about Voss? That's a cool sounding name. I wonder what that planet will be like. Let's go play the game and have find to find out instead of wasting our time complaining about non-issues on the forums. YAY! -_-

So.. you spoiled the direction of planets in the storyline by thinking and logical deduction? How dare you!

Quickly now, let's mix the order of commendation vendors on the fleet so everyone in the entire game can be inconvienanced in finding a commendation vendor in the most logical fashion because how dare you deduce storyline traversal from their placement that in no way informs you of anything about the stories in themselves but the environments of which they play out!

^

This exactly. I am glad someone actually took the time to say basically what I though and would not have otherwise posted.

OP get over it.

Spoil immersion? Just don't use the commendation vendors on fleet.

There are only a limited number of planets you could ever travel to and they come with level ranges so you know the order just by looking at the galactic map.

While I do agree that I would like to have the story as unique as possible, I also agree with what you're saying here Arlbo. I never use the fleet commendation vendors (except for the Space one). I don't know why. I just prefer to travel to a particular planet to use the commendation vendors there instead.