The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Final points for a Shield Tech Build?

Im fairly new to MMO's, with SWTOR being the first MMO ive played. Ive ran a few characters (Sith Inquisitor, and Imperial Agent) but eventually deleted them as i was just trying to get a feel for the game. Ive now started again with a Bounty Hunter, Powertech AC, and id like to spec into the shield tech tree but put 11 into the adv. prototype tree for retractable knife. My question is, the current build that i have planned out (28,11,0) looks like this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GorbdRbRGZMsbMoZb.1, what should i do with the final two points? should i put them in iron fist for the extra dps or should i put them into quell or electro dart for more disrupt/stun?

Ps: i welcome any advice on the build in general as well, being new ive just looked around at different guides to get an idea of what id want, but any advice from the community is welcomed :)

What play style are you looking to have? If you'd like to tank hard mode Flashpoints and beyond, i'd recommend finishing out the shield tech tree since the final two skill are great (heat screen is a great tanking talent).

If you're looking to do dps and like the animation of retractable blade, I would commit fully to the AP tree as combust is real fun too.

i want to tank, but i want to be viable in pvp as well. so far all the trees ive researched havent gone all the way up for pvp, but have for pve since heat blast gives u the extra -8 in heat, i guess im just stuck between a pvp and a pve build lol! Edited by XxMnfstDstnyxX

Currently their isn't a "cover-all" ST spec for both PvP and PvE.

The spec you have listed is lowering your sheild, armor and absorb greatly which isn't a great loss in PvP but it does matter a great deal in PvE.

You really need both a PvE and a PvP build and come 1.3 with the right amount of legacy you can get mobile respec's which will make less trips to the respec points but the costs will still mount up tho.