Epic... then not

ColonelM

Last night on Jung Ma, people in the Fleet were announcing a Republic attack on Dorn Base on Hoth. About to log for the night, I figured I'd check it out before bed. I fly to Hoth, go up the elevator and head toward the base exit, only to be met with....

horrendous frame rates.

Ok, granted, my comp is a couple years old. A certain capturable neutral base area in another fantasy-based MMORPG that will go unnamed consistently had at least two full raid groups of 40 on either side and the same computer still got 20+ fps at the worst times. It was at least playable.

Last night, there were about 40-50 per side (that I could tell) but it wasn't even funny how bad the fps was. Is the Hero engine just that bad? Anyone with a new comp ever encounter that type of melee? Was the framerate really low for you too? One of the primary reasons I wanted to play this game, and the sole reason for going through three PVP servers was the idea of world Empire vs Republic PVP. I know people were complaining about Ilum but I haven't experienced it personally. Was this one of the main gripes?

The Epic part was the fact that 100ish people were all killing one another. That part was beautiful. Well, what I could see of it anyway. :(

Moal

Edited by ColonelM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.