How many people have rolled an alt on the oppo faction for the HK?

Michaelphoenix

I rolled a Sith Assassin (after my jk and my smug) long before patch 1.3 was even announced, but now that they say I must have at least a lvl 50 on one side and a lvl "something in the mid at least" on the other side, I have a new reason to play it!

That's not what they said, though. The line was that most[i/] players would probably need a level 50 and a middle level.. Would indicate that's not going to be the end all and be-all of getting HK.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K., what is HK, and why would I want it? Please educate me.

HK-51 companion coming in 1.3.

If you're new to Star Wars then I guess you wouldn't know; if you did play Kotor 1 or 2...then you need to play em again haha.

Edited by Eillack

This also brings up the question of how long will it be before they start having legacy rewards for 4+ 50s....not everyone's an altaholic.

And? Not everyone's a PvPer, so they don't get PvP rewards. Not everyone's a raider, so they don't get raid rewards. Not everyone's into tracking down all bits and pieces to get a tauntaun ( or whatever) pet, so they don't get whatever pet. So what if some people aren't into playing alts. They don't get the perk from playing alts.

It's perfectly acceptable for there to be things in the game that some people just don't get. The opportunity for anyone to get it is the same, but if it's an activity they're not interested in, then they have to ask themselves..."do i want that doodad enough to do the activity that grants it?" It's the same for anything else.

And? Not everyone's a PvPer, so they don't get PvP rewards. Not everyone's a raider, so they don't get raid rewards. Not everyone's into tracking down all bits and pieces to get a tauntaun ( or whatever) pet, so they don't get whatever pet. So what if some people aren't into playing alts. They don't get the perk from playing alts.

It's perfectly acceptable for there to be things in the game that some people just don't get. The opportunity for anyone to get it is the same, but if it's an activity they're not interested in, then they have to ask themselves..."do i want that doodad enough to do the activity that grants it?" It's the same for anything else.

Could not agree more. I won't PVP, so I won't get that stuff. I will have 8 characters minimum, so I will get HK as my companion. Plus, I haven't found a bad story yet if "in character". Granted, there is a big difference between my enjoyment of the Imperial Agent as compared to the Jedi Consular. Back on point, I am glad Bioware is giving stuff to all types of players.

Who else here started a new toon when they heard the announcement?

Already done and ready to roll.

My original toon is a 50 merc bounty hunter and I rolled a jedi shadow to 50 months ago. ;)

Edited by Hardwear

I have a level 29 Assassin (right now) along with my level 50/43 on the Republic side, so I would hazard a guess that I will be ready when 1.3 goes live (or whenever it comes out). I made it just because I wanted to play it even prior to this announcement of HK. But, I will still try for it (probably not when it comes out since it might be rather difficult to complete within the first two weeks). Edited by MeowCats

Just to help clear some confusion. They've never said HK-51 is coming in 1.3. They've said he is eventually coming, and in the video that was released at E3 it was also shown as an "upcoming update" no the next update.

this just seems.....petty....

Petty? Excuse me? I'm being required to

DELETE A CHARACTER

in order to access content, something that's practically unprecedented in MMO history. Until Bioware fixes this massive F-up, they're welcome to do without my money.

DELETE A CHARACTER

in order to access content, something that's practically unprecedented in MMO history. Until Bioware fixes this massive F-up, they're welcome to do without my money.

are they all 50?

do you REALLY have that much emotionally invested in them?

DELETE A CHARACTER

Relax, BioWare will surely add sooner than later more character slots per server, you can use then one of them to make a new character. It will surely not kill you if you have to wait a little to get your HK-51.

Relax, BioWare will surely add sooner than later more character slots per server, you can use then one of them to make a new character. It will surely not kill you if you have to wait a little to get your HK-51.

Oh, I don't need to relax. I'm quite calm, at least until some ignoramus comes along.

It won't kill me to wait until Bioware implements additional character slots. Just as it won't kill Bioware to do without my subscription until they do.

Of course, since it'll doubtless take them awhile, I'm going to need something else to do in the meanwhile. And anyone who works in marketing will tell you it takes more to win back a customer than to retain an existing one. But that's the value determination Bioware made.

As soon as i heard the announcement i told my guildmates they would see me when im on for dalies (corellia and illum only) and for raid nights, and on vent.

Rolled my first imp char (operative) and enjoying the story and looking forward to being able to use orbital strike on my vanguard.

Who else here started a new toon when they heard the announcement?

Not me. I've had one of each at 50 since February.