Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Are account transfers in the works?

MilesTheFox

Just wondering. I primarily created two accounts because the gaming community I'm a part of had 2 guilds, one Republic one Empire.

Long story short, both guilds are now dead in the water.

Am I better off just scrapping the one sith character and re-rolling on my republic account? Or are account transfers being planned? I do not want to pay for two accounts with both guilds defunct.

I haven't heard anything about being able to transfer a character between accounts. I'd keep the account that has characters I like the most. Take the credits and send them to a character on the account you are keeping. If you don't have a character of the same faction on that accont just sell something on the Nar Shada AH to transfer credits.

My issue is slightly different. Someone in my house created a character on my account and after leveling, and deciding they like the game, want to start their own account so we can play together.

Any chance of this happening?

My guess is, it will be added as a 'pay' service along with additional character slots, open server transfers (any server), etc....

I could be wrong but I've never heard of transfering characters from one account to a separate account in any MMO, so Id guess no, not happening. And I don't understand why you had to create 2 accounts. Your community had 2 guilds, 1 imp, 1 pub, so roll a pub toon and an imp toon. Don't need 2 accounts for that. Edited by mjmcooke

I could be wrong but I've never heard of transfering characters from one account to a separate account in any MMO, so Id guess no, not happening.

They did have that in SWG where you could transfer one character to another account provided they were both yours.

I could be wrong but I've never heard of transfering characters from one account to a separate account in any MMO, so Id guess no, not happening. And I don't understand why you had to create 2 accounts. Your community had 2 guilds, 1 imp, 1 pub, so roll a pub toon and an imp toon. Don't need 2 accounts for that.

You can in Wow.. Easily.. When I left I transferred all of my characters to a friend who wanted to play them but not level them. You just need to know their password and some other stuff.

You can in Wow.. Easily.. When I left I transferred all of my characters to a friend who wanted to play them but not level them. You just need to know their password and some other stuff.

Mmmm. that sounds sketchy and if true must be a very new service as I did several character transfers in my time in WoW (most recently right around Cata release) and there was never an option to transfer them to a different account.

Mmmm. that sounds sketchy and if true must be a very new service as I did several character transfers in my time in WoW (most recently right around Cata release) and there was never an option to transfer them to a different account.

I remember doing an account transfer in WOW about a few years ago. Maybe about 3 years ago...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.