Put an end to name squatting

GodMars

This was an issue Blizzard was great at handling, and Bioware could learn from it. With Warcraft, if you found someone to be holding a name on an un-played, low-level alt (and you wanted that name), you could put in a ticket and their Game Master staff would pull the name from that alt and give it to you.

It was very frustrating to server transfer this week and discover that I lost two of my names to level 1 alts on starter worlds.

Use it or lose it.

This was an issue Blizzard was great at handling, and Bioware could learn from it. With Warcraft, if you found someone to be holding a name on an un-played, low-level alt (and you wanted that name), you could put in a ticket and their Game Master staff would pull the name from that alt and give it to you.

It was very frustrating to server transfer this week and discover that I lost two of my names to level 1 alts on starter worlds.

Use it or lose it.

This thread may change your mind.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=479649

Disagree. That other person is paying to use the name/s, too. And you can't tell what the reason is why they aren't more active. They could be in the military and just started a new character or account before getting deployed.

I can assure you one of the two names has been "held" since day one. Who is to say on the other? And you have no evidence that the account is even active, or has been for months (the GM's obviously would).

Use it or lose it: name squatting should end.