The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Healers are fine. Perfectly fine. In fact probably a little more than fine.

ProfessorWalsh

So quick to defend your class you didn't even make sense in your response.

I forgot all you guys are up in arms defending your class together....seems your comments more apply to u. Make some more funny stories of how your class isn't good or good enough. :o

What he said made perfect sense.

He's talking about ProfessorWalsh.

ProfessorWalsh.

Professor.

Any of this starting to sink in?

The most ironic part of this is actually that he was agreeing with you, to begin w/, lol.

PS) Healers are fine, fix tanks.

Edited by Varicite

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So quick to defend your class you didn't even make sense in your response.

I forgot all you guys are up in arms defending your class together....seems your comments more apply to u. Make some more funny stories of how your class isn't good or good enough. :o

Uhhhhh settle down, there champ. I happen to generally agree with Walsh on two points: healers are fine, and maras are fine.

His logic and attitude are completely off.

Yeah, my sorc and sage dont heal anymore (at least not full time). They are back to dps. My scoundrel and operative only heal now and dps just when i am bored because the healing is kind of easy. It used to be the other way around.

Uhhhhh settle down, there champ. I happen to generally agree with Walsh on two points: healers are fine, and maras are fine.

His logic and attitude are completely off.

Gratz? Two people that don't get it are on the same boat and play the same class imagine that...

What he said made perfect sense.

He's talking about ProfessorWalsh.

ProfessorWalsh.

Professor.

Any of this starting to sink in?

The most ironic part of this is actually that he was agreeing with you, to begin w/, lol.

PS) Healers are fine, fix tanks.

No

he

wasn't...

ps- ops/scound healers are fine...that is all

Edited by mikedee

Gratz? Two people that don't get it are on the same boat and play the same class imagine that...

I play with krugaan on his bikini sage all the time, and he is right. Not only does he do a good job keeping people up, he can kite and stay alive for a very long time.

Mike this is a skill issue or a spec issue, stop making yourself look stupid.

I play with krugaan on his bikini sage all the time, and he is right. Not only does he do a good job keeping people up, he can kite and stay alive for a very long time.

Awww, I Wuv you too honey. Bikini is coming off for you tonite.

Well, healers are perfectly balanced at the momenet. We are not OP or under powered. I'll agree with you on that point. There is a big learning curve, however, to healing. One can't just respec healing and hope to do a good job. Unfortunatly, Bioware doesn't give any incentive to be a healer, especially in pvp. Come on, 1-3 MvP votes which basically means 1-3 extra wz commendations? Thats so usful to getting War Hero.... :rolleyes:

In my experience, tanks are the only class that really get it all. They just need to walk into the match and it is a free 10-15 medals handed to them, both tank and DPS medals.

I play with mike with 20/20 spec. We can 2v5 ocassionally, we dont win all the time but we deffinetely carry our weight into warzones and bend the scores into our favor unless our pugs are like terribad.

I play without guard crutch, and i die less than one time per match (generally i die zero times, the odd 1 and 2 timer, more than that only if the match is terribly one sided, happens ocasionally but not often).

I dont think sorcs are fine, we are overshadowed by sawbones/mirror in every aspect of healing. We also need more skill to play while being more dependent of guard crutch.

I dont think dps sorcs are fine, too squishy, not enough pressure. Glass without any kind of cannon. Can run a while yes but other classes eventually catch up and butch them.

I think marauders and pyrotechs are OP.

Marauders = too many cooldowns, too many escapes, too many ways to **** up and keep fighting. Damage is ok tho.

Pyros = too much damage for a 3 button class, too easy. Crazy mobility and zero resource managment with blend in slows. No brainer really.

I will keep playing the class tho i love it.

PS: We are prolly playing in a bigger/more competitive server than you guys. No flame intended tho, to each their own.

PPS: I am a post 1.2 seer i rerolled from assault vanguard (pyrotech) because that spec is just silly.

Edited by Laforet

Healers in TOR are 100% fine.

I've been PVP'ing all day against "supposedly nerfed healers" and when played properly they are fine. In fact today felt almost like pre 1.2 as I wailed and wailed away on healers that (1) Could not be interrupted, and (2) could vanish whenever they needed to in order to escape. Sometimes we had 2 or 3 people on one healer and the healer wasn't going down, of course they had other healers healing them but that is how it is supposed to be.

Are healers overpowered? Am I calling for a nerf?

Not really.

Darn frustrating. Enough to make me decide to stop PVP'ing for the night, but I wouldn't say overpowered or in need of a nerf. I would say in some situational circumstances some healers are overpowered. I would say that healing in Huttball is a bit on the overpowered side but I wouldn't say they need to be nerfed.

They absolutely don't need to be buffed.

Already games are decided more or less on which team has the most operative/scoundrel healers. Anyone who thinks that healers need help simply needs to play some PVP with some good players and they need to make friends with tanks. Not once today was I able to solo a healer and I was finishing games with 600,000 damage dealt out. So no healers... You are fine... Perfectly fine.

healers were always fine. the problem is that way to many classes have self heals. and im not talking about casted heals. Its just stupid how many self heals there are. all healing should be done by a healer class. No advance class should have self heals. Its stupid seeing a marauder with 135K healing or a DPS Sage with 160K healing. Again I repeat get rid of all self healing unless it is an actual ability you have to hit your keybind to use

I'm not say Nerf healers but, I will say buff abilities that reduce healing. I apply my 20% healing debuff with the way expertise scales now that would just make it to where a healer is just healing at 100% the debuff should be at least at 40-50% reduced healing i mean if i dump an entire watchman rotation with relics,adrenals,and 15% dmg increase with zen up they should die just that simple and when i do this rotation 3 times on one healer it reminds why i left in the 1st place.

Don't get me started on powertech BH. I stasis-ed one in the Acid Pit in Hutball for 5 secs and he took no dmg that **** almost flat out kills me when i get cc'd in it?! Jjust balance don't Nerf!

Its stupid seeing a marauder with 135K healing or a DPS Sage with 160K healing. Again I repeat get rid of all self healing unless it is an actual ability you have to hit your keybind to use

Any healing a DPS Sorc/Sage gets is because they used Force Armor/Static Barrier on themselves/teammates or they used their channeled heal skills. These are all abilities that they have to cast and use a global cooldown to activate, not just free heals, which is what you seem to be implying that they are.

I'm not say Nerf healers but, I will say buff abilities that reduce healing. I apply my 20% healing debuff with the way expertise scales now that would just make it to where a healer is just healing at 100% the debuff should be at least at 40-50% reduced healing i mean if i dump an entire watchman rotation with relics,adrenals,and 15% dmg increase with zen up they should die just that simple and when i do this rotation 3 times on one healer it reminds why i left in the 1st place.

Don't get me started on powertech BH. I stasis-ed one in the Acid Pit in Hutball for 5 secs and he took no dmg that **** almost flat out kills me when i get cc'd in it?! Jjust balance don't Nerf!

You hit the nail on the head there.

My ability to stop healing merely drops them to 100% meaning it doesn't do anything. That ability is useless in high end PVP unless you can stack it.

Any healing a DPS Sorc/Sage gets is because they used Force Armor/Static Barrier on themselves/teammates or they used their channeled heal skills. These are all abilities that they have to cast and use a global cooldown to activate, not just free heals, which is what you seem to be implying that they are.

Madness Sorcs get passive heals from DoT's and Death Field.

--- Parasitism, critical hits with DoT's heal you for 0.5/1% of your HP: http://www.torhead.com/ability/7yVlfh4/parasitism

--- Death Field, heals you for 1% of your HP for each target it hits, max. 3 targets :http://www.torhead.com/ability/fAylTmX/death-field

--- Devour, increases healing done by Death Field and Parasitism by 50/100%: http://www.torhead.com/ability/7iDBzO1/devour

It's possible to get 100k+ heal in a full length game just from DoT's, Death Field and Force Armor.

Edited by iphobia

Madness Sorcs get passive heals from DoT's and Death Field.

--- Parasitism, critical hits with DoT's heal you for 0.5/1% of your HP: http://www.torhead.com/ability/7yVlfh4/parasitism

--- Death Field, heals you for 1% of your HP for each target it hits, max. 3 targets :http://www.torhead.com/ability/fAylTmX/death-field

--- Devour, increases healing done by Death Field and Parasitism by 50/100%: http://www.torhead.com/ability/7iDBzO1/devour

It's possible to get 100k+ heal in a full length game just from DoT's, Death Field and Force Armor.

DoT ticks healing you for 1-2% per crit or Death Field healing for 6% max per cast aren't going to account for 160k healing. The biggest contributor by far is Force Armor, which requires a cast and a GCD, so if you get that much healing it's because you cast for it.

Edited by matslarson

i mean if i dump an entire watchman rotation with relics,adrenals,and 15% dmg increase with zen up they should die just that simple...

and if I dump an entire healing rotation with relics, adrenals, buffs, (and trauma debuff cause y'all QQ so much lol) and procs up...what, I should just die anyway? **** off, one healer should negate one dps, it's just that simple.

Critical hits healing you for 1-2% per hit or Death Field healing for 6% max per cast aren't going to account for 160k healing. If you get that much healing it's because you cast for it.

160k is much, but 100k is possible without casting any heals.

When I play Madness, I get 50-150k heal per game and I use casted heals only to get the 2.5k/5k medals and if I'm trapped infight at low HP.

and if I dump an entire healing rotation with relics, adrenals, buffs, (and trauma debuff cause y'all QQ so much lol) and procs up...what, I should just die anyway? **** off, one healer should negate one dps, it's just that simple.

Only if that one healer can do nothing else. No damage to their attacker. No healing to any team mates. No HoTs on anyone while they are under attack no nothing.

Only if that one healer can do nothing else. No damage to their attacker. No healing to any team mates. No HoTs on anyone while they are under attack no nothing.

Which is exactly what happens anytime a healer has someone sitting on them. Also, only if your zen doesn't heal your teammates (which it does) and your already placed bleeds stop ticking (which they don't.)

Edited by matslarson

Which is exactly what happens anytime a healer has someone sitting on them. Also, only if your zen doesn't heal your teammates (which it does.)

I was gonna say, this is already the case in the game. <.<

I know that if I sit on a healer, they aren't going to be doing anything but trying to stay alive until either I'm dead or they are.

They definitely won't be healing any teammates, lol.

I was gonna say, this is already the case in the game. <.<

I know that if I sit on a healer, they aren't going to be doing anything but trying to stay alive until either I'm dead or they are.

They definitely won't be healing any teammates, lol.

ProfessorWalsh is obviously just terribad and wants to be able to kill everything that moves regardless of this fact.

i would say that the healers that fail and calling out buffs on healers or nefs on other classes are just to busy holding down the S key and backpaddle instead of pressing 1,2,3,4,5 or something else and heal

I play with mike with 20/20 spec. We can 2v5 ocassionally, we dont win all the time but we deffinetely carry our weight into warzones and bend the scores into our favor unless our pugs are like terribad.

missing a point, eh? hard to heal without healing trance.

I play without guard crutch, and i die less than one time per match (generally i die zero times, the odd 1 and 2 timer, more than that only if the match is terribly one sided, happens ocasionally but not often).

very possible if you dont care about objectives at all

I dont think sorcs are fine, we are overshadowed by sawbones/mirror in every aspect of healing. We also need more skill to play while being more dependent of guard crutch.

i dont agree. sawbones cannot use any CC or interrupt without being within 10 meters. their throughput sucks even worse than ours, and ours is pretty poor.

I dont think dps sorcs are fine, too squishy, not enough pressure. Glass without any kind of cannon. Can run a while yes but other classes eventually catch up and butch them.

i agree, but this isnt about dps sages

I think marauders and pyrotechs are OP.

i dont agree.

Marauders = too many cooldowns, too many escapes, too many ways to **** up and keep fighting. Damage is ok tho.

maybe, jurys out on this one.

Pyros = too much damage for a 3 button class, too easy. Crazy mobility and zero resource managment with blend in slows. No brainer really.

crazy mobility? dont agree.

I will keep playing the class tho i love it.

I agree.

PS: We are prolly playing in a bigger/more competitive server than you guys. No flame intended tho, to each their own.

right.

PPS: I am a post 1.2 seer i rerolled from assault vanguard (pyrotech) because that spec is just silly.

you're a good friend, i admire your loyalty to mikedee.

Edited by Superawesomerman