Fixing the Naming Issue: A Solution

lorefultv

This whole issue with people not getting their names could be fixed by making your character's First Name + Legacy Name the unique identifier. For instance, instead of "John" as the character name (and the unique ID), the name of that character would include the Legacy name of "Doe"...so "John Doe" is the unique identifier not 'John' or 'Doe'. Additionally, for this mechanic to work, Legacy naming would happen with the creation of your first character. Personally, I believe it should anyway.

This allows for multiple Johns and multiple Does, but only one 'John Doe'.

Certainly there will be the odd case in which someone will not get their full name, but this would likely be extremely rare.

Edited by aharoncagle

I foresee issues with same legacy names. Having half the population called Skywalker or simply the fact that people will consider every person with legacy name X to be that douche bag they once met that had the same legacy name.

This whole issue with people not getting their names could be fixed by making your character's First Name + Legacy Name the unique identifier. For instance, instead of "John" as the character name (and the unique ID), the name of that character would include the Legacy name of "Doe"...so "John Doe" is the unique identifier not 'John' or 'Doe'. Additionally, for this mechanic to work, Legacy naming would happen with the creation of your first character. Personally, I believe it should anyway.

Certainly there will be the odd case in which someone will not get their full name, but this would likely be extremely rare.

Yea, Thats not a good solution at all.

Keep it totally unique. It's a small hardship to get a new legacy name and toon name but it well worth it to have a populated server.

Get a new name and get over it cause it not worth all this drama you see on the forums over it thats for sure.

I foresee issues with same legacy names. Having half the population called Skywalker or simply the fact that people will consider every person with legacy name X to be that douche bag they once met that had the same legacy name.

Well Skywalker is against the TOS anyway and shouldn't even be allowed upon creation. I don't really see a problem with your second issue. I'm sure there is a douchebag or two with your real life last name, does it stop you from keeping your last name?

Well Skywalker is against the TOS anyway and shouldn't even be allowed upon creation. I don't really see a problem with your second issue. I'm sure there is a douchebag or two with your real life last name, does it stop you from keeping your last name?

Skywalker was merely an example. And yes, there are no doubts d-bags in real life with my name. The only difference the population in this real life game is much larger.

Let's be honest here, on a relatively speaking small population people are going to jump to conclusions. Not to mention anonymity. To further that point I would like to point to John Gabriel's Greater Internet F**kwad Theory:

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

;)

Yeah they could have done that when they launched the game. Or simply just let us have last names and not tie them into legacies.

But now, they're not going to change it. They made their bed. They have to lie in it... to re-do it would require massive coding and it's probably all so tangled together now there'd be no way to do it.

Very simple fix to the name issue>

1 step

Use ALT code Ü ™