Lost a Quest

Paranitis

I am not exactly new to the game, but I ran into something that nobody seems to know the answer to.

On Dromund Kaas, I was doing a quest in which I have to go south to the Revanite Shrine and fiddle with a thingie. After I do, I end up waking up in a bed so I can turn the quest in.

The problem occurred when I thought "I wonder if there was a bonus quest by killing the things inside the cave since I hadn't killed anything before fiddling with the thingie". So I abandoned the quest figuring since I was already at the quest giver, that I could just pick it up again and walk to the cave.

But what a surprise it was when I found that the quest giver didn't have anything for me. Neither did the guy only a few yards away who told me to talk to the guy in the first place. Neither did the guy waaaaay back in the city that sent me down south to begin with.

So basically I abandoned the quest and can no longer pick it up at any point.

I've had people tell me to reset local phases, which I know you can do while you are in a group with people, and yet I can't find that option solo.

I was told to go into the quest log and that I could reset from there. But the issue is that I CAN reset, but I can reset individual quests, if I have them at the time, and since I'd already abandoned it, I can't reset it.

So what I was curious about is whether or not there is a keyboard command to reset stuff like that since I never turned the quest in for any kind of reward. If not however, I am disappointed, and it means I can no longer play that character, since I do not like skipping quests, even though it is only an area and not a class quest.

Edited by Paranitis
Spelled something wrong.

I'm predominantly on the 'pub side of things so I don't know the mission you're referring to, but I can say that there are some missions which, once abandoned, can not be picked up again. It doesn't tell you in advance.

In the future if you are concerned about a bonus mission, you can always escape out of the conversation, or try resetting the mission instead of abandoning it.

I would also suggest not trying to do every possible mission or by the time you get to the later planets you'll find they are well below your level and not much of a challenge.

That's why I mentioned not exactly being new. I have a 50 Trooper, and I actually went through the game doing every single quest. I just feel like crap since I can no longer continue on my Sith Warrior because of issues like this. Especially since I spent an insane amount of time leveling crewskills on 4 characters just to make stuff for when my Warrior hit level 15 (which he is now). If that were my first character, I'd have quit the game over it, that is how game-breaking I feel it is.

Indeed I did. I actually got in there just as someone clicked it. Was in the middle of asking if it is sharable so I could jump in on it and rescue myself, but they'd already disappeared to the bed area. The item wasn't clickable for me.

Basically all I am gonna do is sit at the shrine until someone shows up so I can ask them about sharing it. Or will just sit here until someone answers my ticket in game, and if I find out I can't have anything fixed, I just won't play that character anymore.

Ha ha!

So if you do the quest chain for "Death and Life" and you abandon it after the altar portion, you cannot get the quest again yourself from Sandor (in the city), from Dzoun (2nd step) or from Elder Revanite Jhorval (3rd step), nor can you interact with the altar in the shrine.

I also found out that the 3rd step (from the Elder to fiddle with the altar) is not sharable.

But I just now found out that the 2nd step from Dzoun IS sharable. So I was able to fix my issue by sitting and waiting for someone to come by and pick up the quest. :)

Edited by Paranitis
wrong NPC name

... but I can say that there are some missions which, once abandoned, can not be picked up again. It doesn't tell you in advance.

This is incorrect. When you abandon a normal mission, you will get a get a prompt "Are you sure you want to abandon that quest." with a "yes" or "no" option. If you attempt to abandon a quest than cannot be picked up again, you will get a paragraph of text that states you will not be able to pick up the quest again, and the option to "confirm" or "cancel" your request.

If you aren't looking for it, it easy to miss the difference in the messages though. I think the take away is to make sure you read the warning messages when they pop up, sometimes they are important...