Allow US East -> US West Transfers

Why would you want that? If I went on a US West server I'd have a whole lot more lag; someone who went from West to East would have the same problem.

It would be stupid and detrimental to do something like that.

I imagine there are some people who're (e.g.) East coast, but rolled on a West coast server to play with friends who've since quit... and so now it's just them, they would now like to retreat to the safety of the East coast.

I expect/hope there'll be the potential for this sort of thing later in the piece, given the "This Is Just Phase One" comments we're getting. Personally I'm hoping there's a free month of transfer-where-you-like at the end of it all... it shouldn't alter the overall balance much, but would keep every individual happy(er)

Some people definitely want some non-conventional xfers. I've got American based friends who'd like to come & join me on the AU/NZ servers... I don't foresee that being a standard transfer option =)

Edited by Lakhesis

Why would you want that? If I went on a US West server I'd have a whole lot more lag; someone who went from West to East would have the same problem.

It would be stupid and detrimental to do something like that.

I can think of a few reasons to want to change server time zones

1) Joined a server to play with friends who no longer play

2) Moved

3) Got a new job or different hours, want a server with guilds on a schedule closer to your own.

YES!

I'm on RP-PVP Adjunta Pall WEST coast server and everyone had no choice but to Transfer to the East Coast (Jung Ma) Server . Before I transfer, I'm going to create a character to test Latency.

It should be a last resort for server merges, only if they are down to two servers of the same server type and both are in need of a merge. Til that point I'd rather have merges be between servers of the same time zone.

what i would like is East to EU transfers. becouse i like in Eastern Europe but started playing on Juyo due to my friends. now they left the game. so i would like to play on a EU server for less latency.

Greetings,

We know that many of our players would like to see more options for character transfer. More options may be available later, as outlined in our Character Transfer FAQ,

When are all servers going to be eligible for the Character Transfer Service?

The initial Character Transfer Service is focused on select servers, to help balance player population across the service. Servers that are not eligible for the initial Character Transfer Service generally have robust player populations. Allowing character transfer from those servers could result in a negative player experience.

Free character transfer between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

We hope this gives a little more insight into the matter. We will be closing this thread now. Thank you!