Has anyone else played an mmo with a dev team thats so secretive?

Citywok

No dev gives a straight answer, no matter what the genre is until the development of said content is near completion. Giving answers too soon and then not meeting a timeline just makes angry people more angry because they don't understand how a development process works. Just play the damn game and take in whatever info they give at the time, its really not that big of a deal.

Quote: Originally Posted by Citywok View Post

It just gives off this elitist attitude almost like they are better than other game developers and they don't need to be open with us because were just going to play anyway. If they started actually communicating with the player base maybe you wouldn't have so many pissed off for lack of information. It's ridiculous they couldn't even tell us how many servers would be open for transfer the first day because it would have made a lot of people happy. Hell, they probably have the whole list but can't even release the names of todays servers. Anyone agree?

Yes, that's it. Its not like this is their job, just a job like you are me. Not like they have coffee breath and BO, not slept in 24 hours or passed out on the couch in the break room for an hour or two. No, they are like the guy walking around in purples thinking that someone cares, or that guy with the new mount flapping his wings infront of the bank thinking, "I look so cool, everyone wants to be me".

I mean, don't we all do that when we walk into the office each day?

CS and communication was way worse in every single MMORPG I played before: SOE, Blizzard, NCsoft or whoever.

Yes, BW could be better, but they announce ahead of time and what they announced is exactly what is happening and usually faster than announced.

Almost all my tickets and bug reports are answered directly.

e.g. SOE on Vanguard took the /bug command out of the game the day the game went live. SWTOR is still allowing us to use the /bug ticket system including an ingame livechat support.

I played a game called Vanguard, which had the worst public relations of any mmo I've played. SWTOR by comparison seems a lot more friendlier and interesting. I really enjoyed the Rakghoul event, hopefully they will have more like them. Here at least the company is making some effort to communicate, where in that other game there was none.

I played a game called Uncharted Waters Online whos customer service team made BW, Blizzard, and all the rest look like flight attendants in first class. It didnt help probably that the game itself was made by a Japanese company, but ran and distrubuted in the US/EU/Aus market by a Korean comany, who seemed to only have Korean "engrish"speakers as CSRs, which when its already had to go through a translation from Japanese to Korean can make things really bad, but still.

but, they invented the word "Soon".

Well SoE or even Verant did in EQ1 I'd say.

But Bioware is pretty quiet, they were even more quiet than Mythic when they took over Warhammer Online.

I don't think it's a good thing myself...... I think there's a happy medium (and a fair bit of ground) between the current lack of communication and say EQ1's devs having arguments with player on their messageboards.

Of course Devs always tend to be more availible when things are going well, and less availible when things are more tricky.

Edited by Goretzu

I don't think it's a good thing myself...... I think there's a happy medium (and a fair bit of ground) between the current lack of communication and say EQ1's devs having arguments with player on their messageboards.

Haha, those fights were legendary.

Hello everyone!

We appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we do ask that that feedback is constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

With that in mind, we're going to go ahead and close the thread. If you have suggestions for the game, including methods of communication for upcoming features, we have a forum for specific suggestions, the Suggestion Box. We encourage you to post your suggestions there!

In regards to communication. Our Community Team has been making strides to open up communications better with this community in recent weeks.

For examples of where you can find information from our developers and community team please see the links below:

Dev Tracker

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible!