The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A successful server xfer in the first round

ATango

So I went home yesterday evening to find out my server, Keller's Void, was on the first round of server xfers. Our destination server is Jedi Covenant. I logged on to my account on swtor.com to see that option available so I started going through the process. I then noticed the message that I have mail and another warning that all items posted on the GTN will be lost.

I advise all players to log in to their game and make sure you don't have any items on the GTN and mailbox of significant value. I then proceeded with the xfer process online and got an email within 10-15 mins letting me know it was done. The interface for completing this xfer was simple and straightforward.

I am happy with this move as now I move from a 50 on fleet server and 1min to 45 min queues to a server with 200+ on fleet. None of my wait times between wz queues went more than 5 mins last night. I could only advise everyone to be patient because the move is worth it as long as you're happy about the end result and not specifically about which server you're going to.

Sorry, This post does not have enough vitriol for the General Board. You need to add in some sentences about how fail it was and why BW sucks, before it will get any recoginition. Oh and threaten to unsub about six times.

:rolleyes:

Good to hear, can't wait for my server to either open up for either moving or receiving

I am glad you got those notifications. I personally have made the mistake to not take precautions and (my fault) hurt myself in the process. Reading the FAQ helped make me feel secure now with the transfer process. Still, a few screenshots and taking inventory never hurts. :)

Nice! Thanks OP. Good to hear it went well. Also, good to hear the process did not take that long as I have been worried about the time it takes per character. How many characters did you transfer if you don't' mind me asking?

Nice! Thanks OP. Good to hear it went well. Also, good to hear the process did not take that long as I have been worried about the time it takes per character. How many characters did you transfer if you don't' mind me asking?

I transferred 4 to The Fatman. Each one took less than 5 minutes as they were done before I was finished requesting the next character. I put my requests through at around 7 PM Eastern Time.

Edited by Darth_Philar

I transferred 4 to The Fatman. Each one took less than 5 minutes as they were done before I was finished requesting the next character. I put my requests through at around 7 PM Eastern Time.

Cool. I have 7 to transfer and my fear was it would essentially take hours. Thank for the info.

I only xfered my Lvl 50 Vanguard. The only other character I have is a lvl42 Shadow which I rarely play but I will probably xfer just for the crew skills. I don't think I'll have the patience to level another character. I'm quite happy with my VG.

So I went home yesterday evening to find out my server, Keller's Void, was on the first round of server xfers. Our destination server is Jedi Covenant. I logged on to my account on swtor.com to see that option available so I started going through the process. I then noticed the message that I have mail and another warning that all items posted on the GTN will be lost.

I advise all players to log in to their game and make sure you don't have any items on the GTN and mailbox of significant value. I then proceeded with the xfer process online and got an email within 10-15 mins letting me know it was done. The interface for completing this xfer was simple and straightforward.

I am happy with this move as now I move from a 50 on fleet server and 1min to 45 min queues to a server with 200+ on fleet. None of my wait times between wz queues went more than 5 mins last night. I could only advise everyone to be patient because the move is worth it as long as you're happy about the end result and not specifically about which server you're going to.

Grats, I can't wait till some more come to my server kinrath spider :) either way I'm happy

Wait a second. This cannot be. I read the whine thread yesterday morning and it is a complete disaster, the devs have no idea what they are doing, and the game will be free to play next week.

They are doing a great job with this. I'm glad to see them getting some credit rather then the usual garbage being flung at them.

Do they pick servers at random ?

I would guess a server like mine with < 5 ppl on fleet at any given time and not a single WZ pop in the last two months, would have priority over the OP server but it's still not listed

I think it's a testing phase to see how the system works with moderate loads. Evidently there was a glitch with the initial setup according to the second system alert that I noticed logging on yesterday which I think they've fixed. They initially assumed one hour xfer times but actual was around 10-15 mins for me. I would think as they get more comfortable with how the system works they will add servers accordingly.

Be patient, I'm sure BW hasn't forgotten about you and will have you moved soon. :)