PVP is a waste of time for a merc !

boyblunda

Ok so this is my 2nd post on the subject i have a lvl 50 merc and pvp is a joke this game has way to much crowd control i rekon in a full match i can actually move my hunter 25 to 30% of the entire match the rest of it i am stood stunned and cant break it cos of a fabulous idea that mercs get 1 cc breaker with a 2 min cool down what use is that ? at least add a relic or something that is only useable in pvp that has a 60 sec cool down to break cc or improve the 1 cc breaker we have to make u immune to stun for say 10 secs after it is used, cc is fine where it is needed in pve but so much in pvp is jus stupid u can hardly call it player versus player if one player is unable to fight back now is it,

i have a lvl 50 assassin and thats got 3 ways to break cc and each have their own cool downs so why 1 please enlighten me cos i really love my merc but am getting rather miffed now at the amount of control i have over him in pvp

thanks !:mad:

Just stated this in another thread but, wait till your resolve bar is white before using your CC breaker so you cannot be stunned afterwards. If you're using your CC breaker on things like roots then you deserve to get stun locked to death.

Mercs have a cleanse which removes two negative effects (Including roots) on a 5 second CD called cure.

Just stated this in another thread but, wait till your resolve bar is white before using your CC breaker so you cannot be stunned afterwards. If you're using your CC breaker on things like roots then you deserve to get stun locked to death.

Mercs have a cleanse which removes two negative effects (Including roots) on a 5 second CD called cure.

Not all negative affects are cleansable. Inquis slow isn't for one...

But spot on for the first part.

Edited by Swaggz

Ok so this is my 2nd post on the subject i have a lvl 50 merc and pvp is a joke this game has way to much crowd control i rekon in a full match i can actually move my hunter 25 to 30% of the entire match the rest of it i am stood stunned and cant break it cos of a fabulous idea that mercs get 1 cc breaker with a 2 min cool down what use is that ? at least add a relic or something that is only useable in pvp that has a 60 sec cool down to break cc or improve the 1 cc breaker we have to make u immune to stun for say 10 secs after it is used, cc is fine where it is needed in pve but so much in pvp is jus stupid u can hardly call it player versus player if one player is unable to fight back now is it,

i have a lvl 50 assassin and thats got 3 ways to break cc and each have their own cool downs so why 1 please enlighten me cos i really love my merc but am getting rather miffed now at the amount of control i have over him in pvp

thanks !:mad:

I didn't know mercs were melee. Roots shouldnt hurt you all that much.

Also, lrn2use resolve

I just started to replay again, and the merc in generally total blows! Comparable to when the game started. I left the game at the entry of lvl 50, server died down and ect.... now pitted against much higher players with epicly higher gear ratio's, buff's etc... populated server again which is nice too see!

Basically I'm just testing the PVP field as current out fitted with lvl 49 gear. I get dotted more times than i can chew and spit out, yes I can also dot as well. but the damage differences between encounters me and others I might as well just run naked and be a distraction. most times getting hit with 2k -4k regular hits, never mind the 5k and higher. I lose 2/3 of my health time I let go of the dot, now that's a 1 vs 1. Top damage I do is with an equal entry level player I can do 1200k, you can tell the differences. I have no range abilities against melee. Kitting use to work well, now thats nurfed.

If two players attack me I'm dead almost instantly.

Most time my specials or abilities do nothing on most players, it's than like 2/3 of the time i'm wasting abilities on others.

If I spend the time looking at players and abilities in lue of tatic's, I'm usally dead. The timing of dot's is really not going to save me alllowing me to excape heal ect... that's a pipe dream.

In equal I can go to koss and blast AI's is equal to PVPing at entry lvl 50 merc, once the story line is done with merc and lvl 50 is achieved, back shelf that toon and make another. There is perhaps a few classes (builds) that are very simular , or you have a group or guild that can babysit plevel your toon, that is what it's going to take.

I don't believe too many are wanting a merc in there group anytime soon!

Having a merc done already great super!. For the differences that are currently in the game, waiting for balance in the near furture don't hold your breath

This been true in various MMO's of rinse and repeating this imbalance to promote new content of driving up sales

numbers ect....Perhaps it's a toon your going to enjoy playing. You can kinda see it with the legacy family of rotating playable classes "new old favorite" featured in the update.

People will always enjoy grief killing you at your own expense!:D