RP-PvP servers PST... Ajunta Pall transfers...

Avicii

Since there is 1 PST RP-Pvp server and based on the current available info of same server type and time zone, that leaves us SoL. Some of us rerolled here because in Feb it was a thriving PST Pvp server unlike the one we were on. So not only can we not bring over our prior toons it's likely we have to "wait" for more info or paid transfers.

How is this going to be handled?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there is 1 PST RP-Pvp server and based on the current available info of same server type and time zone, that leaves us SoL. Some of us rerolled here because in Feb it was a thriving PST Pvp server unlike the one we were on. So not only can we not bring over our prior toons it's likely we have to "wait" for more info or paid transfers.

How is this going to be handled?

Imagine the scenario that most antagonizes you. That's how it'll be handled.

i.e, Ajunta Pall will probably have to wait till paid transfers.

Ajunta Pall isn't thaaat bad... it's on the top 20 most populated server list. It's a Standard server at peak times and I'm sure you queue and can group up without too much difficulty.

So far you've been lucky to play on at least a 'standard' server. Things could be worse...you could be on Ven Zallow...like me.

I was surprised not to see Ven Zallow -> Jung Ma on the initial list. Seemed like an easy and obvious choice.

Regardless, they are going to have to come up with another plan for the RP-PvP servers. Setting up transfer between only the same server type and time zone (which is absolutely understandable for all the other servers) isn't going to cut it for the three RP-PvP servers.

Jung-ma is barely holding its head above the water right now and the few people remaining on Ven Zallow isn't going to make a big difference. And poor Ajunta Pall is all alone.

They are going to have to drop the RP-PvP designation or something. Or the players on these servers are going to be completely out-of-luck as our servers die.

Edited by TzachNahRood

BW isn't interested in retaining RP-PVP subscriptions.

You guys think we have it bad here in America? The European RP-PVP's have already been told they aren't going anywhere.

At least I have the chance of Ven Zallow and Jung Ma being combined to make a weak and pathetic barely Standard server.

Ugh.

I agree with Tzach. Judging by the RP-PVP backlash and the other thread being 350 posts deep, they'll probably figure out something special for you guys. Soon.

Yes lets hope so,i mean i really enjoy the server and acording to torstatus we are ranked 8th i believe,but given the choice i bet many would drop the RP in favor of being PvP only if the choice was given.

Edited by Sathid

By the way i admit im not too tech savvy what have yah,but is there some latency issue's etc that they wouldnt merge Westcoast and eastcoast servers? i just find it kinda odd that it is an issue because i have guildmates from the eastcoast and even New Zealand and i cannot recall any issue's with lag etc. Edited by Sathid

By the way i admit im not too tech savvy what have yah,but is there some latency issue's etc that they wouldnt merge Westcoast and eastcoast servers? i just find it kinda odd that it is an issue because i have guildmates from the eastcoats and even New Zealand and i cannot recall any issue's with lag etc.

In a game like this, with timed abilities (as opposed to a game like an FPS), latency should not be an issue.

Personally, I like the MMO's that didn't do the "East" and "West" coast splits, as it kept populations higher around the clock as people play on different schedules.

Either way, after looking through the FAQs and such, I never saw them say they would honor NA timezone, just server type. So unless someone finds a statement I missed, maybe there is a chance Ajunta Pall and Jung Ma will get transfers to/from each other.

One can hope.

By the way i admit im not too tech savvy what have yah,but is there some latency issue's etc that they wouldnt merge Westcoast and eastcoast servers? i just find it kinda odd that it is an issue because i have guildmates from the eastcoast and even New Zealand and i cannot recall any issue's with lag etc.

It more has to do with time difference. Merging all 3 RP-PVP servers would just create 2 'Prime Times', which could be good for people on night shifts or different schedules. It would never become 'full' or 'heavy', but it would be 'standard' all the time is what I think is the major thing.

I'm on Ven Zallow, and while I love the game and the server..it's been dead for some time. It's not uncommon to fight the same people every pvp match (when they actually pop). The fleet is dead...the world is ever more dead. It's sad. I rolled on this server from day 1, have gained a high legacy level and 2 level 50s that i'm extremely invested in. Yet, I have not logged in to play on a regular basis in almost a month. Something needs to happen and happen soon with these transfers to jump start a community. The monthly price tag is not a lot of money for me to keep it up and see what happens, however I'm leaning towards putting that money on Rift right now. Their devs are getting ready to launch an expansion that will completely dwarf anything SWTOR has done since release and actually listen to their player base. So BW, please get your stuff together, I don't really know how much longer I can justify paying for a game that for all intensive purposes is not worth my money.

I'm on Ven Zallow, and while I love the game and the server..it's been dead for some time. It's not uncommon to fight the same people every pvp match (when they actually pop). The fleet is dead...the world is ever more dead. It's sad. I rolled on this server from day 1, have gained a high legacy level and 2 level 50s that i'm extremely invested in. Yet, I have not logged in to play on a regular basis in almost a month. Something needs to happen and happen soon with these transfers to jump start a community. The monthly price tag is not a lot of money for me to keep it up and see what happens, however I'm leaning towards putting that money on Rift right now. Their devs are getting ready to launch an expansion that will completely dwarf anything SWTOR has done since release and actually listen to their player base. So BW, please get your stuff together, I don't really know how much longer I can justify paying for a game that for all intensive purposes is not worth my money.

I wouldnt worry,i believe they will merge all three and seeing your an Imp you will have tons of people to hit Op's etc with.

And WZ's can go from 8 AM to 2 AM somedays on Ajunta Pall,so you will be busy lol.

I wouldnt worry,i believe they will merge all three and seeing your an Imp you will have tons of people to hit Op's etc with.

And WZ's can go from 8 AM to 2 AM somedays on Ajunta Pall,so you will be busy lol.

I sincerely hope this is true. Ajunta Pall + Jung Ma (+ poor Ven Zallow) would hopefully be a pretty healthy community.

I sincerely hope this is true. Ajunta Pall + Jung Ma (+ poor Ven Zallow) would hopefully be a pretty healthy community.

Eh. thats not a good bet.

2 dead servers plus one low standard is not going to equal anything to write home about.

2 dead servers plus one low standard is not going to equal anything to write home about.

Low standard? Jung Ma and Ajunta Pall are 7th and 8th on torstatus,dont believe me? look it up.

Ajunta Pall isn't dead. It still hits standard during peak times.

But I agree, its not everything I was hoping for, but then again, it would be better than nothing, woulnd't it?

Low standard? Jung Ma and Ajunta Pall are 7th and 8th on torstatus,dont believe me? look it up.

Yes, I know where they are on the ranking. Without getting into a lame eBattle over how to read torstatus, you cant go off of the list really in terms of #4, #6 or whatever. you need to look at its actual rating.

Jung Ma is 1.19 and Pal 1.15. Ven Zallow is .98.

So, what this means is Jung Ma hits standard for a few hours per week, looks to be around 4 per night. (around 20-23% of the day)

Ajunta Pal is hitting Standard slightly less than Jung Ma is.

Ven Zallow never hits standard, and is now having trouble getting over 100 players on the imperial side during prime time.

So, thats 2 low Standards plus one dead server. the range of standard is massive, so even if we had all 3 combined, it would still be a Standard server.

I would personally consider any server under 1.5 to be trash. 3 servers are over 1.5 right now. All the servers over 1.5 are still hitting Heavy, although the #3 is about to lose that unless transfers boost it.

Edited by -Dench

Well adding those numbers up would be well over a 2 from your math,yet you look at it as a glass half empty,to each his own i guess.

Right, adding them up would be over 2, but thats not how torstatus works.

If a server ran at Standard 100% of the day, it would be a 2. When the server hits Light, Standard, Heavy, Very Heavy and Full, torstatus averages the set amount it gives per number to give you the final rating.

for instance, Ven Zallow is a "1" as it is always Light, but since it is down for 2% of the week for downtime, it is .98.