all go to the swiftsure?

Besta

Yeah i'm on Darth Malak server right now, and i'm going to transfer over to The Swiftusre, I hear the pvp there is really good, and I know a lot of my friends and guild is going there.

I think that this is a good destination for everyone.

Transfer's don't work like this.

You will NOT have a choice in which server you want to go to.

There are 2 options on the table:

Option 1: You are a origin server desgnated to transfer to Server X,

Would you like to transfer to Server X ?

YES -> You transfer to a predetermined server

NO -> You stay on your current server

Option 2: You are a destination server where you cannot transfer out but multiple other servers will be transferred into you.

Transfers are not free transfers in the sense that you can choose where you want to go. This will not happen.

lets just hope everyones origin server matches their destination server. It is server type restricted. pvp to pvp and pve to pve. so not every server gets to xfer to their choice sadly.

im sure its gunna be blocks of servers able to xfer to certain servers. probly not the ones we want but. good luck everyone.

Edited by stazjunkie

Thing is fatman is the most populated east coast pvp server and it looks like swiftsure is. So if they keep it pvpeast to pvpeast and pvpwest to pvpwest we know where all the west people are going or hopfully they do because it'd just be dumb... the east people... who knows cause it's not fatman or RP.

The PVP on the swiftsure is very good, much better than my old server. Both factions are competitive, that is--no faction is winning 80% of the matches.

So if it becomes an option to transfer to the swiftsure, just do it. You'll enjoy it.

Edited by Blasphemerr

You'll be lucky if one or two servers gets to transfer to Swiftsure. Other than that, they're not going to bump the population of the already healthy servers up to the point where people start complaining about queues. And anyone thinking they're going to Fatman from PVP-East is living in lala land. They outright stated they aren't making high pop servers destinations. They'll make arbitrary decisions as to which will BECOME high population. Who is going to be dumb enough to turn down a server transfer to a destination server when you have to know full well that they are going to keep adding servers to your destination until the server reaches the population they want?

If you choose to stay on an origin server once your server has been matched with a destination, you'll be left with an even lower population and I would bet, eventually closure. They have very carefully made no actual promises as to the length of time origin servers will stay open. Just "plenty of time" for people to transfer.

On the other hand, if you're a destination server.....man, you're golden. My guild is still hoping. But we're not betting the guildbank on it. We used to be in the top 15 or so for PVP-East but there is really no way to determine where your server stands when the population metric is all at .98 - ie. constantly low. There's only about ten servers worldwide that don't meet that criteria these days.

You'll be lucky if one or two servers gets to transfer to Swiftsure. Other than that, they're not going to bump the population of the already healthy servers up to the point where people start complaining about queues. And anyone thinking they're going to Fatman from PVP-East is living in lala land. They outright stated they aren't making high pop servers destinations. They'll make arbitrary decisions as to which will BECOME high population. Who is going to be dumb enough to turn down a server transfer to a destination server when you have to know full well that they are going to keep adding servers to your destination until the server reaches the population they want?

If you choose to stay on an origin server once your server has been matched with a destination, you'll be left with an even lower population and I would bet, eventually closure. They have very carefully made no actual promises as to the length of time origin servers will stay open. Just "plenty of time" for people to transfer.

On the other hand, if you're a destination server.....man, you're golden. My guild is still hoping. But we're not betting the guildbank on it. We used to be in the top 15 or so for PVP-East but there is really no way to determine where your server stands when the population metric is all at .98 - ie. constantly low. There's only about ten servers worldwide that don't meet that criteria these days.

the swiftsure barely hitting the minimum line for standard doesnt make it healthy.

You're not going to get a choice where you go to.

And likely transfers will be partially determined by type (PvP, PVE, RP) and location (East, West). Also, they're probably going to funnel people to a different server than Fatman or Swiftsure. They already have reasonable populations. Better to take servers, and put them together to make a third or even fourth high pop PvP server.

The PVP on the swiftsure is very good, much better than my old server. Both factions are competitive, that is--no faction is winning 80% of the matches.

So if it becomes an option to transfer to the swiftsure, just do it. You'll enjoy it.

Before the mass exodus of players, the imps used to win about 80% of the games I played in. These days on the Swiftsure, imps only win about 30%-40% when I play.

There are only a few decent pvp'ers playing actively on Imps side, where as the pubes have a couple guilds fairly active, and both with numerous good pvpers.

seems to matter not as we are not the destination server hand picked by the idiots at bioware. They are sending people from Rakata Mind Prison (pvp west) to The Bastion (pvp west) so send 1 dead server to another dead server rather than send them to a server that has at least has some players still there. I really have about had it with this dev team that is for sure....