Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so the server transfers are killing lord adraas which was second to ebon hawk and with it my membership fee. I will not pay money to have my gaming identity taken away because all 8 of my character names already exist on destination server. You should have moved people to lord adraas instead of away but you are killing a server population for the sake of making 6 servers into one generic server. And might I point out that it was bioware that assigned me to lord adraas server and is now penalizing me for keeping a sub active and staying on that server so now I have to lose all my names to continue to play because of where you put me. No Thanks. I created my characters during early access and before that had these names in beta and do not care for the mindless decision to strip me of them or give me nobody to talk to.

I hope your trolling. Names are garunteed to need to be changed. they have far higher priority issues to deel with than your name(s)

No, this is only how it works when your character's name is based on the unique character name, rather than your unique Account Name. Only a handful (if that many) companies have been smart enough to link your name to your account such that your character's name is always unique even if everyone else on the server also has it.

If they'd done it that way there would be no issues with Transfers and names, nor legacies. Guilds would still have been in trouble, but since there are far fewer guilds than characters, it would probably not have been as big an issue.

Personally, I think it is better not having duplicate names. I have seen it where names were unique across all servers which easily eliminates any issues.

We will be evaluating the options for folks on these three servers as we continue the initial character transfer service. If anything changes, we will be sure to let folks know immediately.

I apologise if this may come out a bit harsh. but what is there to evaluate? A more or less dead server is still a dead server whatever the tag is. And as i see it this is the reason behind all the transfers from other servers? There are people on those servers that still want to pay their subscription, still want play Star Wars The Old Republic. And in short you will not allow them to do that, because of some made up policy decided before your morning coffee or something. Oh sure a vague statement about paid transfers in the future doesnt help at all, not even a estimate on when? Reroll dont think that is a option for to many, you have invested time in your character, achieved things, done most of your geargrinding etc etc. Even if you lose the RP tagged servers in europe, isnt that better than having 2-3 empty RP servers humming in some dusty corner?

Best regards Jerro

0/6 Warzones played - Come on and queue up 50s!

And this was the server I rerolled on! lol Prophecy of the Five. Until we basically had pvp for the first time in 3 months on crevasse city I had a 3 month old daily and weekly.

Personally, I think it is better not having duplicate names. I have seen it where names were unique across all servers which easily eliminates any issues.

Thats a bit much but I do think two people on the same server with the same name is stupid. There is such a thing as rep within the community. If you have a community, that is.

Lol, shocking that Fett would be taken. and in your case I'd bet Fétt is taken too. but really, if you just named yourself after one of the most iconic SW characters ever, how much invention did you really put into it?

:) Nice. History: Great, great, ... great grand pappy of Boba, unique butterfly.

I was actually jaw-droppingly surprised when I got to legacy level and Jade wasn't taken. I was fully expecting if I transferred to have to change it. What they need to do is include a random name generator on the rename stuff or on the new legacy name stuff to help people along.

About time for that next wave of transfers to roll out!

I really don't want to be stranded on Terentatek for another day lol

Here's hoping there's no "rare" issue like yesterday, followed by unneeded maintenance.

Thanks to the devs, good work guys. Sorry about all the grumpy ppl, they're not very patient. :D

Agreed. :) While my server has not had transfer options yet, I'm still patiently waiting. I just wanted to say thank you for giving us this option!

Lol, shocking that Fett would be taken. and in your case I'd bet Fétt is taken too. but really, if you just named yourself after one of the most iconic SW characters ever, how much invention did you really put into it?

Yes, because obviously his character name MUST be exactly equivilent to his user name. It's not like he could possibly have done something else. All your characters HAVE to have you user name... oh wait, if that were the case this wouldn't be an issue because no one could take your name... Yeah, so nothing you said made sense, good work.

:) Nice. History: Great, great, ... great grand pappy of Boba, unique butterfly.

I was actually jaw-droppingly surprised when I got to legacy level and Jade wasn't taken. I was fully expecting if I transferred to have to change it. What they need to do is include a random name generator on the rename stuff or on the new legacy name stuff to help people along.

Also funny cause you actually run into a Fett during the BH story line... not a spoiler really cause hes a super minor character and theres nothing that would link him to Jango/Boba other than his last name, but there he is. So I guess Fett the BH here runs into one of his relatives as a quest giver yet oddly enough they don't know each other.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.