Star wars books... Give me a decent one!

I liked the old republic stuff, Fatal alliance was one of my favs, Deceived is about Darth Malgus which is also another good one. And the legacy era books are pretty good too. hell just read them all :D

Darth Bane is a good place to start. Takes place during a war between the Jedi and Sith. Shows the beginning of the rule of two as well.

If your not to big on thousand + years BBY. I would then highly recommend the NJO (New Jedi Order) but unless you already know allot of back story that happened before NJO but after ROTJ like

Spoilers Post ROTJ

Luke being hunted by Mara Jade then marrying her

Jacen, Jaina, Anakin Solo children of Leia and Han

The retirement of many notable characters such as Akbar

The rise of Talon Karrade (Good place to start Thrawn era)

The Yevetha Uprising (referenced and seen on a small scale in NJO)

The whole Jedi Academy being found

You may wonder about Han and Kyps past (Jedi Academy trilogy)

And so much more.

So saying all that I am not going to recommend my favorite books. But a good place to START would be

"The Truce at Bakura". For the story behind Han and Leia; "The Courtship of Princess Leia".

The "Thrawn Trilogy" Could be a good place considering its a great trilogy, it will introduce characters that will play major roles later on. Then after that make sure you read the "Jedi Academy" Trilogy. "Black Fleet Crisis" and so on

Edited by Stephenjdoug

I've seen them brought up before and want to give my support.

Darth Bane: Path of Destruction is a good one (Rule of Two was a bad book - didn't read the third)

Also, the Timothy Zahn trilogy is a very solid choice. I have a few gripes over it, yes, but It more than makes up for them.

I've read almost all of them, so I'll list some to check out.

The Thrawn Trilogy: Book 1 Heir to the empire and so on... (These hooked me)

Revan (Ties in with the game, SWTOR)

Darth Plagueis (Just loved it)

Republic Commando Series (One of my favorites)

Red Harvest (If you like Sith Zombies)

The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy (If you like non-jedi stories)

The New Jedi Order Series (This is very non-Lucas Jedi, if you like Red Harvest you will like this)

Legacy of the Force Series (The quintessential Jedi Series)

Crosscurrent Books (Two of them, Kinda dark)

Fate of the Jedi Series (Modern Day Old Republic)

Lost Tribe of the Sith, Short Stories (Read before you tackle Fate of the Jedi, Ties in and will explain a lot)

X-wing Series (I just bought the but haven't started them yet, I've heard they are some of the best)

Good Luck and Enjoy!

I started with Darth Plageus which deals eventually with a certain Emperor in training....that got me hooked. Then went into the Thrawn trilogy.

If George ever decided to do another three movies, I would demand that one would be Outbound Flight and the other two be Darth Bane (rule of two).

and yes....I know George won't do any more.

I just finished reading Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command, and really enjoyed them. I'm working on Specter of the Past now. Didn't really think of reading Outbound Flight first, so I'll probably just read it after I finish the rest of the this stuff chronologically from this point.

Well depends on whether you prefer stories about Jedi/Sith, or 'Non Force-users' like Han, and other similiar characters. Personally i'd reccomend the Republic Commando series by Karen Traviss. Focuses more on the Clones soldiers of the Republic during the Clone wars, mostly following special ops groups trained by associates of Jango Fett on Kamino. Good series to read if you have played the old Xbox game "Republic Commando".

Perfect start. these books have it all, Han is a player in these books make me laugh, intro to Chewie, Boba and lando.

Also explains the kessel run and how he shaved time off it, aahh im going back to read these again :)

Lando and Fett do not appear in the Daley Han Solo Adventures. Nor do they have anything to do with Kessel.

I think you're confusing them with Ann Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy (which covers a broader sweep of history from Han's teenage years on Corellia up to just before that "easy charter to Alderaan"), which was written about 15 years later. (The Crispin books are also good, but I have a great nostalgic fondness for the Daley novels.)