1.3 and shared GTN

Blarginater

No, I think it means that we will be able to see items for sale from the other faction. Just like the Hutt Network on Nar Shadaa.

Now I can sell all the republic schematics I've gotten at my fleets GTN instead of traveling all the way to Nar Shadaa. Not to mention this should increase demand and revenue of a lot of items.

I'm glad they implemented this.

It's clearly too late now, but I'm really not a fan of this. I PvP alot and have 3 'toons I regularly put in the under 50 PvP because it's the most fun bracket. These are also my crafting toons. I have no desire to make the best gear to sell only to have someone who's bought it come beat me over the head with it in a WZ. (Read: I don't like gearing up the enemy).

On that theme, I don't like PvP'ing against my own faction, not just for the above mentioned reason, but because it lends to resentment and animosity in the faction's community. As a result, I'm not happy to hear that even the Alderaan WZ (Civil War) will now also become same faction enabled.

I understand the reasons why BW is doing it -- server imbalances, both factional and population-wise, as well as getting people to see all their story and world design content -- but I don't like the trend they have taken w/ the legacy, etc to further push this. SW is an IP where there are two sides, good & evil. This is not a factionless MMO where no one is the "bad guy," but rather shades of gray. I guess I'm a traditionalist that likes my SW to develop communities on either side where you pick you faction and are loyal to it and support it's members, and untiring in fighting it's foes.

/stepsdown off soapbox

Sorry, this has all been bugging me for a long time and it's only trending for the worse, IMO.

It's clearly too late now, but I'm really not a fan of this. I PvP alot and have 3 'toons I regularly put in the under 50 PvP because it's the most fun bracket. These are also my crafting toons. I have no desire to make the best gear to sell only to have someone who's bought it come beat me over the head with it in a WZ. (Read: I don't like gearing up the enemy).

Just fyi I check the GTN on my other faction toon and just send it to my toon on the other faction. Your argument is invalid.

Edited by xDementedx

Does this mean we will be able to wear republic armor (such as shadow battlemaster gear) or when we buy it from the gtn will it automatically transform to an empire version?

Items that aren't class specific automatically change to their respective faction. Republic Jedi armor converts to its Imperial counterpart. Same name, different look.

Look at it this way, at least he's paying you to kill you. :)

Just fyi I check the GTN on my other faction toon and just send it to my toon on the other faction. Your argument is invalid.

IMO, they never should have allowed people to roll both factions on the same server. *That* is my argument. In games such as the SW IP with 2 factions, there are reasons why other MMOs don't allow it.

Look at it this way, at least he's paying you to kill you. :)

It won't happen. I refuse to sell my good gear as a result and I know others that are like-minded on the issue. It doesn't matter. It's just one more strike, in my book.

Edited by BoushhDC

It won't happen. I refuse to sell my good gear as a result and I know others that are like-minded on the issue. It doesn't matter. It's just one more strike, in my book.

Don't worry, the other side can also make the same gear than you do. And they probably already sell it.

As stated many times, currently you can already buy gear from one side, to sell it to the other side. To be honest, my commando (rep) is crafting pistol to sell on my IA (imp). Just because there is more customers for pistol (BH vs smuggler).

As for RP reason : smuggling.

Also, you shouldn't even have a GTN for RP reason. Troopers have the best gear from military command, BH have their own crafters, Jedi from the Jedi Temple.... You don't buy and sell powerful weapon on an auction house.

Don't forget this is a game. Currently you are selling stuff to unknown people. And I'm sure you already sold some powerful gear to the worst villain the republic have (smuggler DS V) or traitors (IA LS, any sith/jedi with opposite DS/LS).

Tomorrow, you'll sell it to unknown people. Some are enemies, and some are not. Even in the other faction, some are indeed your ally. In any case, you don't know who is buying your item. Now, and tomorrow. The buyer is just a name, and you can't know if "Randomguy" is either rep or imp, DS or LS.

Don't forget this is a game. Currently you are selling stuff to unknown people. And I'm sure you already sold some powerful gear to the worst villain the republic have (smuggler DS V) or traitors (IA LS, any sith/jedi with opposite DS/LS).

Tomorrow, you'll sell it to unknown people. Some are enemies, and some are not. Even in the other faction, some are indeed your ally. In any case, you don't know who is buying your item. Now, and tomorrow. The buyer is just a name, and you can't know if "Randomguy" is either rep or imp, DS or LS.

Nope, haven't sold any of my most top tier gear and a little of my next tier on the GTN since 1.2 went live when they made it possible to mail things to another alt in your own legacy, cross-faction and 2 more WZs were added to the same faction list. Other than that, I've only crafted for guildies and friends so I know exactly who got it. After it becomes neutral, I won't sell at least the top two tiers.

I explained why I don't like it: because I'm a PvP'er and PvP is a competitive, Zero-Sum game. For PvE, I really don't see that it matters much. It's more of the overall trend I have a problem with beyond just the server-wide, all faction GTN. It's a fast and cheap way for BW to fix their game's own shortcomings and if for no other reason, you should be opposed to it for them not fixing it the right way, to maintain the integrity of the IP and the factional communities.

Edited by BoushhDC

Gear doesn't make the man

That sounds like someone who shows up to the under 50 WZs in all green gear 8-10 levels too low, missing relics and implants or to the 50 WZs in PvE gear. ROFL. :p

In this game, at this stage, actually gear matters. That may not always be the case way down the road in the unforeseeable future, but for now it does. That's one of the reasons how I can go into a WZ at lvl 14 and consistently wind up at the very top of the scoreboard: because I know how the bolstering system works, how the gear stats work, and of course, how to PvP in those WZs through a lot of experience. But being at the top, doesn't necessarily mean your side is winning, because the rest of the team may have antithetical knowledge and as a result the other side may be overall better geared and prepared.

Edited by BoushhDC

It's a good change. Any concerns are just nitpicking or being overdramatic.

Why do you think it is good? As a single-faction PvP'er, I can tell you what isn't good about it.

Do you think it is good because there aren't enough people in your faction on your server to sustain a healthy, robust economy? That would be a valid reason, but is having a neutral GTN going to magically fix all the other problems associated with an imbalanced or ailing server population? Or don't you think BW needs to do something else, or something more to remedy the situation? Or do you think that having a neutral GTN will be enough and all else will fall into place and be well?

Do you see my point?

Edited by BoushhDC

Does this mean we will be able to wear republic armor (such as shadow battlemaster gear) or when we buy it from the gtn will it automatically transform to an empire version?

Seeing as there's a GTN in game already on Hutta that does what 1.3 is going to do, this thread should never have gotten past 1 page, and yet, it has.

:eek:

Seeing as there's a GTN in game already on Hutta that does what 1.3 is going to do, this thread should never have gotten past 1 page, and yet, it has.

:eek:

So by "Hutta" do you mean "Nar Shadaa?" ;)

Perhaps the thread is perpetuated by inaccuracies? :eek:

On that theme, I don't like PvP'ing against my own faction, not just for the above mentioned reason, but because it lends to resentment and animosity in the faction's community. As a result, I'm not happy to hear that even the Alderaan WZ (Civil War) will now also become same faction enabled.

I understand the reasons why BW is doing it -- server imbalances, both factional and population-wise, as well as getting people to see all their story and world design content -- but I don't like the trend they have taken w/ the legacy, etc to further push this. SW is an IP where there are two sides, good & evil. This is not a factionless MMO where no one is the "bad guy," but rather shades of gray. I guess I'm a traditionalist that likes my SW to develop communities on either side where you pick you faction and are loyal to it and support it's members, and untiring in fighting it's foes.

/stepsdown off soapbox

Sorry, this has all been bugging me for a long time and it's only trending for the worse, IMO.

I agree with you on manylevels but I have found a way around this.

Sell items in the /general chat. Try to make a reputation for yourself as a crafter of a certainbusiness.

For example, I advertise that I'm selling stims all the time to general chat and peoplecommonly ask for some.I even tell them they can send me CoDs with or without mats and I'l get it back when I can.

Point is,I definitely see your point -it just sounds like youll have to go a bit more out of your way to keep your crafted treasures on your faction's side.

I'm all for this. The GTN on Nar Shadda very rarely has anything good. By doing this the potential customer base for the gear I make doubles and there's storytelling possibilities there. The Hutts make the most sense if a third faction is ever introduced.

/stepsdown off soapbox

I gladly play both sides and have no problem with it.

Also your ideals are a little dated, I just see more potential buyers.

Edited by Darth_Acherus

fine by me, means I can dominate the market with my goods and make the most of it :cool:

Why do you think it is good? As a single-faction PvP'er, I can tell you what isn't good about it.

Do you think it is good because there aren't enough people in your faction on your server to sustain a healthy, robust economy? That would be a valid reason, but is having a neutral GTN going to magically fix all the other problems associated with an imbalanced or ailing server population? Or don't you think BW needs to do something else, or something more to remedy the situation? Or do you think that having a neutral GTN will be enough and all else will fall into place and be well?

Do you see my point?

Because,

a) A bigger economy means more people buying and selling. More people buying and selling means a healthier economy

b) We already have the capability of trading with the other side. This just puts it in one place.

My stance remains. It's just whining to whine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.