Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Regarding server queues

StephenReid

What's more pathetic than the shambles of the queues is the p**s poor communication that is being offered to the community. This is the most talked about MMO for years, and the impression I get is that Bioware/EA have really dropped the ball.

This is turning into a PR nightmare. Their reluctance to inform us of what is going on is leaving a bad taste in the mouths of even the most rabid fanboi. New travels fast, bad news travels faster - the gaming press is going to have a field day when they report that thousands upon thousands of folks have posted about the queue's and the only response was an anaemic:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some blah, blah, blah, we not going to tell you anything useful, blah, blah, etcetera, etcetera, and so on, and so forth, and such like, blah, blah"

As a potential customer reading the gaming press, would I be interested in committing £60.00 of my hard earned into this at this point? No chance. Bioware/EA are really giving a master class on how to shoot themselves in the foot.....

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we get atleast a free trasnfer later? I joined when the server was low but problem now is that everyone did, its sad to have a 22 character that spent a few days on but can't play on it and you see open servers that there is "LOW" on

I'm very sure BioWare's going to say : "If you don't want to wait in a queue, go into the 'Light' servers. Well, here's my answer to that :

LJSAKHFRW()QURlkjur-432q8740yrwo8esty p'eaofjmeowauaoipurq09wboq62b yrv0nq9'29-38e2-sgfae,mrdsgn 3/4.l,jt5p4out59w-tu-39t-23t~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did -not- just waste 5 days of my life on a character just to be told to go to another server ;) Again, if ArenaNet can manage 4 million accounts on one server with Guild Wars, then SWTOR should be able to manage 3-4 of them instead of 800+ servers that 1) Limits the community's communication with each other, 2) Splits the community, 3) Makes me /facepalm at the queues.

I'd love to do that, however, if they offer free character transfers to other servers. And by free, I mean free. And please, don't start offering "No queue waiting code" for 150$. Then, I will really rage :(

Their server cap limit decrease way not even working, our server was full in the last few days already with 20-30 min queues, and now i see there are at least 100 new players in the starting zones, while the 5-6 fresh new pve servers have 10-20 and almost empty...

Playing on the EU servers since EA, and average queue spot in the 400s

Theres 20 english PVE servers on the EU side

on the US side theres 70 PVE servers

give EU more

I hope you are implementing Char server Transfers soon, cos Ive started 5 on Frostclaw

and its choked already.

incidentally, WOW had exactly the same problem in the beginning, i remember server

queues of 300.

Edited by cerveau

I've been in queue from 10:30 AM and just got down from 260th to 190th, with no estimated time. It's bothersome, but the main problem here is that the developers, as many other already said before, should lock the highly populated servers in order to prevent people from making new characters in them.

Add to this a system capable to split the population among the servers (referring to the newly created ones) and things might start working better. It's really annoying having to wait a lot of time just to log in, but I'm sure something can be done to prevent this.

I have faith in the developers. Keep it up!

Woke up like half an hour ago thinking they would be no queue, logged in and went downstaires to make something to wake myself up some more.

Get back to it saying you are 279 in a queue, check my clock thinking I might have overslept, but no, it's 9:40 with 19:00 queue times.... Holy **** :eek:

If I were to make a suggestion, Allow a number of guilds to move to the newly created servers, as this will allow people the oppertunity to play on less "Laggy" servers while still playing with the new friends they have just made in a matter of days.

Sick of waiting 3 hours to play my lvl 20 Char on Red Eclipse so me and a few friends went to a low population server...Ohhh now theres a 30 min queue on there too. Im not 12 I'm a member of TOG we didnt get a choice of what server to play on. SO now I cant play with my guild I cant play with my mates and when i do get on its so late I need to go to bed coz I have to go to work the next day. For a game that captured my generations imagination again and was gona be EPIC...you have just made it an EPIC fail! Edited by Reelingsilk

This would be so much more manageable if they'd just let pple transfer their characters to other servers. What boggles my mind is that this hasn't been implemented yet. Whoever is responsible for this, be it at BioWare, EA, idc, but it's really short-sighted. I never had to wait once when playing Guild Wars, no queues. Edited by RevansSoul

Ok, this is making me cry. This is the third server I play on that are getting FULL and I have to wait in queue. I guess Ill just wait until mid january to play again so thet I can see what server will have none or low waiting time...

Playing on the EU servers since EA, and average queue spot in the 400s

Theres 20 english PVE servers on the EU side

on the US side theres 70 PVE servers

give EU more

well that is the way old problem with companies from the US they dont care about the EU people.!

Having to wait in queue before 10:30 AM, I decided to check the server status of all servers I ended up searching for a Bioware post that explains the rediculous queues.

I quickly found this post, and found myself still disappointed and searching for answers.

None of the questions I (and many others) have are adressed, so let me throw them at you and cross my fingers:

- what is the maximum capacity of a server before a queue can be expected and its absolute limit?

- what is being done at the moment and planned for the future (hw upgrades?) to cope with the problem of queues, which undoubtly will grow worse and worse as more people decide to play with their friends on already full servers?

- when you decided the amount of servers and their hardware setup, did you take into consideration the amount of pre-orders (which were all going to play the game) and the amount of products you've shipped to shops worldwide? if so, why wasn't this anticipated problem combated before the release?

Rofl. We had queues at 18:00 in the afternoon now we have queues at 11:00 in the morning? Get serious BW. Guess your prelaunch guild program was a big mistake. You say "Hey guys, whats the problem. Move on" .

What about people that are in a game community like I am for so long and are now "FORCED" to wait in order to play with this community.

Please do something

Just a side note :

Since this is one of the most expected games since god knows when. I'd bet quest a lot of money, that a lot of people have taken a few days off work, the days following launch. So basically, no matter what hour of the day you're attempting to log in, you will have to expect som sort of que.

Trick is to start your que, so when you're actually able to game, the que will be done or at least below 25 :)

Just a side note :

Since this is one of the most expected games since god knows when. I'd bet quest a lot of money, that a lot of people have taken a few days off work, the days following launch. So basically, no matter what hour of the day you're attempting to log in, you will have to expect som sort of que.

Trick is to start your que, so when you're actually able to game, the que will be done or at least below 25 :)

And still, no argument.

Not even in F2P-games you see these queues. We're paying customers, and if I pay I expect to get what I pay for. Easy as cake.