Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Guys they decreased the max pop on all servers after maintenance and they raising it by a few hundred in every few hours as it seems. There are only a few hundred people on each servers which are "full" now. This is they way they want to spread the new players... An odd way if you ask me, and would have been batter if they just say this is the way we want to do this so queues will be probably less as time goes..

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So guys here we are launch day.. server maint have been done. and o what is this its 9.30 GTM and my god we have a 500 ppl queue.

I Belive that today you are gonna witness 2000 ppl queue on The red Eclipse GZ you fail once again.

Common really and the time BTW everyone they time you can se to wait... its always x2

I agree that they should had closed the servers today for new accounts, but I still think they should not close it for new characters.

The friend thing someome mentioned, well yes but they cant play together now anyways if the friend is 20+ and the new guy 1 :)

I am stuck too, so dont get me wrong - but I definately think that the players who got an acc today should have used their brain´s a bit more :p

something need to be done asap this is a joke iv got a busy life n usually only manage a few hours play time at most so these long queues are making the game almost unplayable for me . witch after shelling out £45 and another £9 a month for play time is annoying to say the least. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Forbid character creation on servers with quenues (at least if there isn't already a character) or make them invisible for non ega players. Drastical situations need drastical measures if you're really as concerned with population as you state it.

I expect Bioware have heard us by now. We want better server population management, free character migrate during this chaotic release period, an instant reconnection possibility when the game bugs, crashes or disconnects us.

I'll give them a little more time, but if it's still like this 30 days from now, I will not subscribe.

If anything, the que has gotten worse since launch on Frostclaw...

Character migration won't help much. It'll just make the problem worse.

Servers will have to spend resources on the move, and most ppl will move from one, to another to yet another and so on.

Edited by Ritslev

Well here is my opinion on things:

Server queues are normal at launch, but i agree the wait times are to long (20-40min is ok imo)

The official wait times cannot be trusted so dont mind those. Its like standing in line at the post office, some people use more time then others.

Most people who post here are in queue and find it a good way to make the time go faster.

Like any large company Bio / EA are doing things the best they can atm, they have spent to many $$ to dont give a crap about their product and customers. I just think they where caught off guard by the huge number of players.

Right now we are like kids who cant get the gift wrapping off, and we know the present inside is awesome and we are getting more frustrated by with post we read.

Conclusion we all know that the game is awesome and we want to play it so bad thus the whine. Bioware also knows this and thats why they are takeing their time to fix it. So the best we can do is to read some posts to feel that we are not the only ones and try to kill time by doing something constructive while in queue. We all have projects which we always postpone try doing some of those and then we can play the game feeling a little better. Since most of us are going to spend lots of time in front of the computer, try completeing this program and get beefed up http://hundredpushups.com/ and yes you can do it too, im a humble accountant and i managed to do 100 pushups in one sitting so its all about willpower or "cunning" if you are an IA :p

Keep in mind all good things comes to those who wait.

Think its safe to say you "we are monitoring" statements are going to lose them customers, iv waited since 2008 for the game... and now im waiting to play it after paying out for it, the blame does rest with BW since as said in another post, the full servers, they could have stopped character creation for new accounts.

TBH i would have thought they definitely wanted to avoid queues on launch, since as first impressions go i cant imagine many people want to wait a hour before playing a game they've just got, specially when there was a midnight launch but servers were all down till 5.

the game- amazing...

the queueing- needs to go, id rather count my losses with the game cost then keep paying monthly for something that when i want to play i have to turn on my laptop hours beforehand

I understand that there will be queue its mormal but i was walking on tatooine and get dc error 9000 when i tried to log in arround 10 sec after dc i had to wait 1h to play again

You should add some kind of safe time (5min) for ppl who was kicked from servers to be aible to log in without queue. And what if someone is waiting 3h log in and after 5 min plaing he get error 9000 like me and have to wait another 3h ? maybe for u saing sorry is ok but some ppl young ppl react like taifun destroing everything arround them.

Edited by Darthkhafra

Star Wars - The Old Republic : 8/10.

BioWare Customer Service : -5/10.

Server Queues : 666.

Your right and as previously mentioned before the time is an estimated time so just double it.

Red Eclipse was 300th in queue : Estimated time at that point was 30 mins

Now 45th in queue : In queue for 1 hour and 10 mins lol.

lol i joined the red eclipse at just like 9.05am when the queue was at 15 mins. I started at 330 in the queue now 35 mins later i am 192 queue so guessing this queue is looking to be over 1 hour to get in great stuff.

Cheers bw early access seemed to work out well :/

I know people are saying this is launch and it is normal.. and yes I have experienced it before. but never this bad. This is one of the most expensive games ever made, for all those defending this, yesterday tomb of freedon nadd was up to about 5hours wait, so for most you get home from work wait till 10pm (if you don't get disconnected in the queue) and get to play for a few hours. Its 2011 ffs I just dont consider those sort of queues acceptable even on launch I mean its crazy for all those defending bioware here... and i love the game i really do and bioware have always made incredible games. Take a step back and look at what your defending you've just paid £50+ and you are going to pay £8.99 a month... do you really think its still acceptable (im aware the server cap has been lowered this morning, but the past few days its been 5+ hours) Edited by Wlavis

Well, i am in The Red Eclipse, an dtoday, launch official day.. tuesday, work day... in the morning, at 6:45 am. GMT already were queues about 10 mins. Now at 9:40 a.m. queues have gone to nearly 1 hour. So it means that in prime time, around 6-9 p.m. they are going to be 4-5 hours or more and in saturday-sunday will be 10-12 hours. Men, you can't seriously pretend to charge monthly fees for such a pathetic service...