Any ETA on a Sound Fix?

lastrights

Find it annoying getting halfway through a huttball match and the sound gets toggled off. That at least is an easy fix. There is also, but not sure which ability that causes all background and voice over sounds to become unreliable. This only reseting the game fixes.

For a game that promotes being complete voiced over yet it doesn't work correctly is really game breaking. Can we get some idea of when this will be fixed?

If you look at the stickied known issues list in the Customer Service sub-forum, you'll notice it's not even on there.

:p

It's been so long now living with the sound cutting out that I've sort of just become used to it. Which is kind of sad. The fact that it was working just fine (outside of some issues related to memory management), prior to 1.2, is even sadder.

Maybe they laid off the sound guy(s)? :D Probably should have laid off the space missions guys instead. :rolleyes:

Edited by revial

I did not notice sound problems until Nar Shaddaa. All sound goes off except for the enemies NPCs grunting and my companions random comments.

Very annoying. I just exit game and log back in to fix it. Very annoying happened about 4 times in a 6 hour period.

The sound bug is 1.2's fault. As a frequent pts player myself and all other testers told Bioware about the sound issue in 1.2 on the pts.

They said nothing to us and did not attempts at fixing it before shoving 1.2 out onto the live servers. And the audio bug went along with it.

+1 for experiencing the sound bug. seems to be triggered by extended playtimes(i usually see it if im playing for more than 2-3 hours at a time)

The sound bug is 1.2's fault. As a frequent pts player myself and all other testers told Bioware about the sound issue in 1.2 on the pts.

They said nothing to us and did not attempts at fixing it before shoving 1.2 out onto the live servers. And the audio bug went along with it.

do you have links to these threads?

Edited by FourTwent

+1 for experiencing the sound bug. seems to be triggered by extended playtimes(i usually see it if im playing for more than 2-3 hours at a time)

do you have links to these threads?

to the threads on the pts during 1.2 testing? no, bioware wipes the pts forums after major updates