Leveling a Marauder

Abbyssion

I just finished leveling my Healing Sorcerer and wanted to try marauder but not sure how I should be doing things since as my Sorc from lvl 10-50 I was just tank and spanking and healing when necessary.

Firstly: What companion(s) should I be using when leveling?

Secondly: is any spec significantly better then others at leveling?

and lastly: How exaclty do boss fights against elites go for marauders because as my sorc they lasted like a minute and I don't see a marauder lasting that long. or even 30 seconds, because with a tank companion you will be hoping to god you can kill the boss before your tank dies or with a healer you will need to use your (1 i believe) interrupt since you have no stuns.

I leveled as carnage and had a great time doing so. The burst was great and powered through mobs with a DPS compaion out. When it came to strongs etc, I used a healer companion and my defensive abilities.

Since I hit 50 I went Annihilation. Altho very powerfull, I do find the burst less than carnage, but the damage spools up over fight duration. Self healing is a bonus also.

Either of theses two specs will be enjoyable to play.

I'm a fresh 50 Annihilation Marauder. I say:

1. Two are viable. Quinn heals pretty well, and Broonmark can take hits. I would recommend Broonmark with an Annihilation spec because of the powerful bleed-heal.

2. I went with Annilation. However, there are some other abilities that I specced in (Dual Wield Mastery, Ravager, etc.). Just choose the one that fits your playstyle.

3. Depends on the boss. The last boss was considerably quicker than the second-to-last, and required much less planning.

As an extra little tip, I enjoy the combo Juyo Form > Beserk > Deadly Sabers > Rupture > Force Choke. Massive bleed and considerable heals for both you and your companion.

I levelled in carnage spec too but i used Vette as my companion, the burst DPS is really high and you can destroy most mobs pretty quickly, for some higher level ones the healer companion (Quinn) is obviously better but i had fun in carnage spec just bursting enemies down.

I tried annihilation for a while (both in the PVP and PVE environments) and it didn't suit my playstyle as in my opinion it seems to be built more for longer fights where dots and healing help you wear away at enemies over a longer period

if i were you i would try both when you get enough points into them and figure out which is best for you

I just finished leveling my Healing Sorcerer and wanted to try marauder but not sure how I should be doing things since as my Sorc from lvl 10-50 I was just tank and spanking and healing when necessary.

Firstly: What companion(s) should I be using when leveling?

Secondly: is any spec significantly better then others at leveling?

and lastly: How exaclty do boss fights against elites go for marauders because as my sorc they lasted like a minute and I don't see a marauder lasting that long. or even 30 seconds, because with a tank companion you will be hoping to god you can kill the boss before your tank dies or with a healer you will need to use your (1 i believe) interrupt since you have no stuns.

Use Vette until you get Quinn.

Annihilation Tree, and also get Dual Weild Mastery in the center tree.

gear up Quinn with quest reward gear every time there is an upgrade in Cunning.

Keep yourself geared up with STR and Surge gear while leveling.

Boss fights are easy, elites are easier, and you will be able to kill a Champion 3-4 levels above you.

Annihilation tree will let you last in longer fights like a higher level champion because your bleeds will heal you.

If you die more than 4 times while questing before you hit 50, you're doing it wrong.... no joke.

the #1 sign that you are going to be a terribad Marauder is if you find yourself using your healing companion.

If you find yourself doing this, don't be like the rest of these guys. Just accept "Hey, I'm not that good at this marauder class", and go back to what you were playing before.

Good luck brotha.

the #1 sign that you are going to be a terribad Marauder is if you find yourself using your healing companion.

If you find yourself doing this, don't be like the rest of these guys. Just accept "Hey, I'm not that good at this marauder class", and go back to what you were playing before.

Good luck brotha.

Go away basement dweller.

Go away basement dweller.

LOL! I like this!

I am good at Marauder and I use Quinn. Reason being is there is almost no downtime between mobs. Maybe it takes a few seconds longer to kill mob but I move onto the next one immediately. Never worrying about doing Channeled Hatred.

Also leveling in Annihilation - best PVP spec and decent PVE. Carnage is better at PVE burst, but Anni works best on boss fights because of bleed and heals.

the #1 sign that you are going to be a terribad Marauder is if you find yourself using your healing companion

Garbage .... it's not difficult levelling with any of the companions, but with a healer out, you can continue fighting non stop witout any breaks at all to heal up.

The time saved by not having to heal up greatly outweighs the small amount of extra time it takes killing stuff when you want to run a quest quickly.

Funny seeing posts from people trying to be 1337 about PVE levelling ><

That being said, while levelling up you should try to max out at least 2 of your companions to 10,000 affection by the time you hit 50.

Good luck brotha.

I was soloing Champions 4 levels above me with Quinn.

You will NOT be able to do that with any other companion.

Go away.

To the OP:

Once you get to 50, then Quinn becomes borderline useless as you will be better off using Vette or Jaesa as a dps companion.

But for leveling efficiently and quickly, Quinn is your absolule best choice,period.

You could easily use Vette or Jaesa and get the fights done quicker, but you will not be able to survive the long fights with multiple higher level mobs.

I leveled annialation and used Vette until I got Jaesa. After that, I used Jaesa the entire way. It really comes down to your play style. You can still burn down boss mobs or elites above your level with Vette or Jaesa, but you'll pay alot more attention to your defensive CD's, pet control and getting your bleeds up than you will with your heal pet. Quin is great for stuff like daileys when you just feel like going on auto pilot.