If the Clone Wars takes place in 3 Years.....How are they cramming all these Stories?

Alright my question today is how are they cramming all that story telling into 3 YEARS! I can understand that some of the battles are won in a few days or weeks...because the enemy isn't as spread across the Planet their fighting on as others, but still....3 Years...is pretty short considering.

Not only that, however after research I found out that Years on the Galactic Standard Calendar are in fact shorter than our Years on Earth's Calendars by 2 months.Their months are larger coming at around 35 days a month. But it still comes to about 350 days a Year compared to our 365.

Which would mean the Clone Wars would have lasted around 1050 Days and then some counting events in ROTS compared to our 1095.

Still...that it just seems pretty short to say their fighting battle after battle on different rocks.

I'm think Mr Lucas and Dave might want to retcon some measurements of time in the future..

Thoughts....yea I know I'm wrong...just waiting for you to correct me. :rolleyes:

Edited by CassusVerda

• Your point of how their are 15 less days a year in Star Wars is silly
  • Multiple battles/events are going on simultaneously. The limits of TV make it appear as though the CW last forever, simply because they can't show the 100 simultaneous engagements going on in a Galactic War.

the clone wars does not always air chronologically, several battles happen on the same day. I mean that pretty much sums it up. Not much else to say on the matter

Except that when Greivous, Ventress, Anakin or Obi-Wan show up in enough episodes that it doesn't make sense for the timeline (travel between planets, being in two battles at the same time, etc.) :p

Except that when Greivous, Ventress, Anakin or Obi-Wan show up in enough episodes that it doesn't make sense for the timeline (travel between planets, being in two battles at the same time, etc.) :p

Which is one reason for my M*A*S*H theory. :D

M*A*S*H made the Korean Conflict last 12 years. In reality, it only lasted 2 years. Same applies to TCW. Maybe not on THAT scale.... yet.

Edited by Captain_Zone

Well, it's not exactly as many battles as there are episodes, since most of them take place in story arcs over a few episodes, but that doesn't necessarily mean the campaign took any longer. Other episodes are flashbacks (like the training of the ARC troopers), which very well could've taken place before the Clone Wars actually began. Also, in some cases the main characters are separated from one another as well, especially in the later seasons.

Well there were many players during the Clone Wars that had effects on certain events. These events are told through the books and TV show. I do think the TV show should end fairly soon. Like three more seasons at least. We don't need another M*A*S*H. (Hulk M*A*S*H!)

Well there were many players during the Clone Wars that had effects on certain events. These events are told through the books and TV show. I do think the TV show should end fairly soon. Like three more seasons at least. We don't need another M*A*S*H. (Hulk M*A*S*H!)

Originally TCW was to last 4 Seasons, but seeing that Star Wars: Underworld (aka live action tv series) wasn't able to be made at the time TCW was allowed to continue (obvious the 'ok' was given long before Season 4 was made, but you get the point). Filioni seems to never want TCW to end honestly, he even commented in a very excited voice "....we have many more stories to tell still..!"

Edited by Eillack

Alright my question today is how are they cramming all that story telling into 3 YEARS! I can understand that some of the battles are won in a few days or weeks...because the enemy isn't as spread across the Planet their fighting on as others, but still....3 Years...is pretty short considering.

Not only that, however after research I found out that Years on the Galactic Standard Calendar are in fact shorter than our Years on Earth's Calendars by 2 months.Their months are larger coming at around 35 days a month. But it still comes to about 350 days a Year compared to our 365.

Which would mean the Clone Wars would have lasted around 1050 Days and then some counting events in ROTS compared to our 1095.

Still...that it just seems pretty short to say their fighting battle after battle on different rocks.

I'm think Mr Lucas and Dave might want to retcon some measurements of time in the future..

Thoughts....yea I know I'm wrong...just waiting for you to correct me. :rolleyes:

Have you met The Clone Wars? Continuity is not its strong point.

From what I recall it's between two episodes of Clone Wars (the original mini-series).

That is correct, since he doesn't get the scar on his eye until the second to last episode. Then they are on Nelvaan (or something) and after they infiltrate the capital, and Anakin has his noble savage ritual, they get called back to Coruscant, thus beginning the scene in Episode III.

I say they should just plow right on through Episode III. Redo the entire movie over the course of several episodes or a season. Show other things going on during that time. The show is much better at showing character development, and adding more scenes with the characters in between certain events in Ep III would go a long way to improving the story.

Then where do you go though? It would be awesome to have the series continue into the Dark Times, but could it exist solely upon new or supporting characters? would fans of the show enjoy it as much with Darth Vader instead of Anakin Skywalker (critics of the movies certainly might, but fans of TCW Anakin might not)

I would still like to see the series go there, though it could mean massive retcons for both the Rebel Alliance history, as well as my personal favorite series, The Han Solo Trilogy. (Which is why I'm glad they haven't succumbed to adding a young Han anywhere yet)