Color?

skiibyrd

For one, I do want to say that for the most part, gear in this game i feel is very well designed (with the exception of WH and BH). When 1.2 came out, I thought that we were going to get color customization options for our gear. They are so close to it now, and matching your gear is neat, but... this is one of the few games that doesn't allow you to change the color of the gear you get. I would pay credits if I had to maybe buy things like dye or something, and having this option seems like a very small deal, but in reality would make a huge difference.

How this would make a difference is that i want to feel like my character isn't just some cookie cutter form of a (PLACE YOUR CLASS HERE). I run a lot of Ops and FP's with my main, and what I'm getting frustrated with is the fact that the other marauder that we run with looks just like me in every way, we have the same gear, but I feel like we are two different completely characters. What I'm noticing is having the same colored gear as someone else makes the cut scenes feel generic, and make the gearing experience not as exciting as when leveling (when leveling you have so many combinations to choose from to make you look and feel like an individual).

Bottom line, I would love to make my main, Darth Thunderbird, feel like he is an individual, not just some other Sith Lord who has the same life as me... gear color customization would make me a more independent character in the world.... Does anyone else agree?

Also, as a side note, if they ever do add a color customization option, having it for your speeders would be sweet, and another thing I thought would be cool with this game is if guilds could create logo's that represent them, and if you wanted you could place your guild emblem on your gear (maybe your back/front of chest piece) or on certain speeders.

Edited by skiibyrd

Color is the tip of the iceberg, really. I like the new aug system they are coming out with so you don't have to necessarily wear a specific set just because that's the set you're "supposed" to wear.

Personally, speeder colors aren't that important to me; speeder velocity is.

As an aside and straight from my own personal wall of crazy, I would like to see some sort of weapon kits added to them. Would make for some hilariously fun possibilities with open world PVP combat, maybe throw you off after x damage has been done to instigate ground combat but not be the instant dismount that initiating combat does now.

Any way, in terms of character customization more will always be better. Been playing MMOs for more than a decade and I know full well that my characters are only truly unique in my mind, but external cosmetics certainly help to stand out in a crowd.

It wouldnt be that hard either, they could just add a simple color pallette and it could work kind of similar to how the color matching deal does now... only it would be more of a editor, or they could add in dyes. Personally I think a really neat way to do it would to be if you went to the mod tables to change your gear, so you could do it while you augment your gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.