The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shield Tech is completely hopeless against Pyro

NoTomorrow

Any chance how i can win this match up? This matchup seems laughably one sided.

Not that I agree with the stupid changes to the ST tree, but a tank shouldnt have an equal chance of taking a dps class.

To an extent. A tank should last longer than 3 secs against a DPS class, but PVP is broken. They should not be able to kill a DPS class, but should last a while if tank stats actually mattered in pvp.

And PvP class balancing NEVER affects PvE.....yeah right!

Any chance how i can win this match up? This matchup seems laughably one sided.

How do you expect to win against one of the game's strongest DPS specs? How do you expect to win against ANY DPS spec when you're a tank spec? Your job is not winning 1v1's.

Well, i can last longer even against a lethality sniper. As against pyro, its a death sentence. And isnt the tank supposed to last at least some time against dps classes? Shield tech is so good against MM snipers though..

Not that I agree with the stupid changes to the ST tree, but a tank shouldnt have an equal chance of taking a dps class.

Some classes always have some advantage over another one. a well played sorc will easily beat a pyrotech. A darkness sin will easily beat a pyrotech because of force shroud/

Essentially what happens is most of his attacks ignore your shield. So All his elemental attacks ignore it and because of a high crit rate, (especially if he pops explosive fuel) his crits also push your shield out of use for his other attacks like rocket punch, or rail shot. So your shield absorbs nothing, you only have your ion cell's mitigation to rely on and his rail shot ignores most of your armour. This is why you might do better against a sniper or sharpshooter, more of their attacks are weapon attacks and your shield comes into play.

It's the major issue with the tanking tree for pvp, shield tech has a lot of shield boosting skills rather than defence or mitigation. It is why many play an ironfist spec instead of full ST as people feel the points put into shield abilities are wasted and why many use dps gear instead of tank gear as the shield/absorb stats on the tank gear are wasted.

Edited by Vanishing_Point

And PvP class balancing NEVER affects PvE.....yeah right!

Not sure why you quoted me, and then brought out pvp never affects pve. The two in this case aren't related because tank stats currently matter in pve. My point is that defense/shield/absorb are basically useless in pvp and it shouldn't be that way.