New To PVP

Zion_Prime

I played through the game reached my level cap and I am getting slammed in pvp. I really don't have a clue how to get good gear for pvp. I am just starting out and I in serious need of help. .:rak_02: Edited by Zion_Prime

I played through the game reached my level cap and I am getting slammed in pvp. I really don't have a clue how to get good gear for pvp. I am just starting out and I in serious need of help. .:rak_02:

Buy Recruit

look at stickies for PvP. One of the threads (PvP 101?) mentions gear progression.

Here is a summary of PvP gear progression:

(1) recruit gear. You can buy a complete set of this for ~310k credits

(2) battlemaster gear: you buy this with WZ commendations

(3) war hero: you buy this with ranked WZ commendations (regular WZ commendations can be converted to ranked WZ commendations 30 regular -> 10 ranked) plus the equivalent battlemaster piece.

If you don't have at least a full set of (1) you are going to be pretty squishy. (ref:expertise graph)

I found soloing WZ pretty brutal until I got nearly a fully set of BM gear (bounty hunter merc healer).

For folks that are at level 40 and looking forward to level 50 PvP, you can ding level 50 with a the maximum of the regular commendations (2000) and a fair amount of ranked commendations (I think I had ~2400 on a PvP only toon) and buy a few pieces of BM gear. Make sure you dont waste commendations by hitting your 2k limit. when you get close to this, convert some commendations to ranked WZ commendations.

When you are examining the BM gear at the vendor, pay attention to which pieces confer a "set bonus" (helm, chest, greaves, boots, gloves) and get these first. To get the set bonus you must have a matching set (e.g. 4 medic pieces).

Edited by funkiestj

look at stickies for PvP. One of the threads (PvP 101?) mentions gear progression.

(3) war hero: you buy this with ranked WZ commendations (regular WZ commendations can be converted to ranked WZ commendations 30 regular -> 10 ranked) plus the equivalent battlemaster piece.

If you don't have at least a full set of (1) you are going to be pretty squishy. (ref:expertise graph)

I found soloing WZ pretty brutal until I got nearly a fully set of BM gear (bounty hunter merc healer).

For folks that are at level 40 and looking forward to level 50 PvP, you can ding level 50 with a the maximum of the regular commendations (2000) and a fair amount of ranked commendations (I think I had ~2400 on a PvP only toon) and buy a few pieces of BM gear. Make sure you dont waste commendations by hitting your 2k limit. when you get close to this, convert some commendations to ranked WZ commendations.

When you are examining the BM gear at the vendor, pay attention to which pieces confer a "set bonus" (helm, chest, greaves, boots, gloves) and get these first. To get the set bonus you must have a matching set (e.g. 4 medic pieces).

This is the best answer for you OP. Listen to him! And while there is debate on the usefulness of recruit, since if you're on a decent server you'll only use it for a short time, don't listen to those that say to skip it. You'll not only hurt yourself in that short time, but you'll be a burden on every one of your teams as well.

I felt the same way. Buy the recruit gear to get started and then upgrade to the battle master gear as you get war comms. A lot of losing in after 50 pvp has to do with bad healers.

I can put an aoe sorc heal on the ground near a bunker or door in a WZ and spam heals and shields and keep most people alive.

For folks that are at level 40 and looking forward to level 50 PvP, you can ding level 50 with a the maximum of the regular commendations (2000) and a fair amount of ranked commendations (I think I had ~2400 on a PvP only toon) and buy a few pieces of BM gear.

you missed out a very important piece of advice.

for those at lvl 40 and looking forward to lvl 50 pvp: GO TO TATOOINE! go to the pvp zone on tatooine (outlaws den) at lvl 40 the pvp bounty board on the fleet gives you a quest to go there...follow the arrows.

within the pvp zone boxes spawn, 4 boxes, each on a 1 hour spawn timer. random locations mostly around the outter edges. there is a spwn location behind each of the three pvp vendors in the zone.

these boxes drop credits, warzone commendations, AND A CHANCE AT RECRUIT GEAR. you can have a full set of recruit before you hit 50 by farming tatooine pvp zone boxes.

you missed out a very important piece of advice.

for those at lvl 40 and looking forward to lvl 50 pvp: GO TO TATOOINE! go to the pvp zone on tatooine (outlaws den) at lvl 40 the pvp bounty board on the fleet gives you a quest to go there...follow the arrows.

within the pvp zone boxes spawn, 4 boxes, each on a 1 hour spawn timer. random locations mostly around the outter edges. there is a spwn location behind each of the three pvp vendors in the zone.

these boxes drop credits, warzone commendations, AND A CHANCE AT RECRUIT GEAR. you can have a full set of recruit before you hit 50 by farming tatooine pvp zone boxes.

I spent a few hours farming outlaws den and didn't think the ROI was good enough so I quit. Your mileage may vary.

If you find you enjoy farming the den, go for it. It it seems boring to you then I think grinding creds and commendations in WZ or grinding creds in PvE is a fine approach.

I spent a few hours farming outlaws den and didn't think the ROI was good enough so I quit. Your mileage may vary.

If you find you enjoy farming the den, go for it. It it seems boring to you then I think grinding creds and commendations in WZ or grinding creds in PvE is a fine approach.

I agree. I tested it out with my main since my alt was coming up on 50, and in 3 hours I had one recruit piece drop. I could've done all the dailies in that amount of time and bought the entire set. Decided it's more efficient to just send the creds to my alt and buy it. It's nice to get a piece or two for free when you get the quest to visit it i suppose, but as far as time invested it seems far inferior. Just to clarify, I was alone in the den the entire time, so I wasn't even fighting over chests.

Pretty much sums it up. Great post. +Rep