Companion Returning From Missions!

Herguy

This is the most annoying thing in the game for me right now, read below.

I send a companion out for a mission while I search the Galactic Market. I put in my search and I'm browsing the Market when all the sudden my Companion comes back from his mission and my Galactic Market window is closed.

Then I open the Market again and put in all the search again for the same thing I was just searching for and BLAM! My other Companion comes back from a Mission and closed the Market Window again!!!! Are you serious? How was this overlooked?

I even posted Tickets on this in Beta and it still hasn't been addressed. Yes I know there are bigger things on the list but this really needs to be fixed, it's quite annoying and I'm sure others think so too.

This is the most annoying thing in the game for me right now, read below.

I send a companion out for a mission while I search the Galactic Market. I put in my search and I'm browsing the Market when all the sudden my Companion comes back from his mission and my Galactic Market window is closed.

Then I open the Market again and put in all the search again for the same thing I was just searching for and BLAM! My other Companion comes back from a Mission and closed the Market Window again!!!! Are you serious? How was this overlooked?

I even posted Tickets on this in Beta and it still hasn't been addressed. Yes I know there are bigger things on the list but this really needs to be fixed, it's quite annoying and I'm sure others think so too.

You're right, this isn't good.

There needs to be an overflow type bag made that companions dump their crafted stuff into (same sort of thing as for when you get mission reward that can't fit into your bag), so whatever window you're in at time doesn't get closed down by returning companions.

Still mindboggling how un-user friendly this game is. UI staff needs to be replaced. How can there be guys that make great UIs in their spare time for free and yet Bioware can't get the most basic functions correct?

Because they wanted an UI that is different than WoW's and thus it's original.

Functionality was their 2nd priority.

Edited by Chomag

It wasn't overlooked, OP, it was just ignored. The UI, including this issue, was always one of the biggest topics in beta. Sure, the UI is at the top of their list for things-to-come, but they have a UI team, not just some guys who do UI on the side. They have a UI team, and after 5+ years, this is what made it to launch. So yes, the issue was ignored.

Instead, they putzed about for however long with things like fog-or-war or not, hex grid on the cumbersome map, or not; little details that nobody would have noticed had it gone without. But the bug stuff, well. . . Hell, even accuracy of the on-screen indicators (health, buff/debuff) was not a priority. Have you tried using operation frames? Don't rely on it as a healer, cause you'll lose people.

Edited by Vodalus

I agree the UI is the worst I have seen. Even WAR had a better UI and that game isn't that old but compared to this it is. I mean what is wrong with these new games.. They are releasing games that look like they did 6+ years ago with the same functions as they did back then with none of the new stuff already in them.

We don't want to play Vanilla WoW all over again.. *** add the new stuff into the game before launch.

• 1 month later...
I despise the companion return, and right now the alternative is to not use them at all. They disrupt pvp with those stupid windows, and outside of pvp they close down entirely any menus i have up. Mod windows, GTN, looting, cargo hold, crafting, talent, they even shut down GM conversation windows. ENOUGH! Install a DND feature to these returns.