What is the most/least popular speices?

I am always interested in the choices other players make for their character's appearance. I know what I think looks cool but I like getting up close to others to see what they did. I'm not talking about NPC's here as they seem to be a mix of everything.

I have been playing since the first part of February and have seen quite a few variations.

By far, the most common species I have encountered has been the human. Some cyborgs can appear human if their cybernetics are hidden by hair or such.

So after humans, I am going to guess that the next popular species is either Twi'lek or Zabrak. The Zabrak because it is only one of 2 species that can, by default, play all 8 classes. The Twi'lek because I seem to see quite a few running around. Although that is probably biased because 1) I like Twi'leks and tend to notice them more and 2) they are the only playable race with a distinctive physical characteristic (brain tails) that can be spotted from several meters away.

In all my time of playing, I have yet to see anyone play a Miraluka. So they would get my vote for least popular species.

I have also seen some interesting class/species combinations provided by legacy unlocks. I did a heroic with a Jedi Knight who was Chiss and was in another group with a Sith Pure blood Trooper.

What has your experience been?

I've played mostly empire so far; I've seen many humans and cyborgs, some sith purebloods, a few zabrak, twilek, and chiss (agents) and very few rattataki. I could be way off, many people wear full face helmets so I can't really see what they are.

I've seen very few miraluka on Republic. I made one myself very early in the game, but it was hard to connect with him. I appreciate the story behind Miraluka, but without eyes it's harder to convey emotion. Also, there aren't terribly many masks for them and I didn't like how many of them looked. I personally focus a lot on eyes, so the lack of them made the character less interesting.

Based on my personal observations, in popularity order:

1. Humans

2. Cyborgs

3. Twi'lek / Zabrak

4. Rattataki / Sith Pureblood

5. Mirialan / Chiss

6. Miraluka (if I see one, it's often with the Neo sunglasses)

I remember that once, I was crafting on the Republic station and I saw a female Chiss jedi guardian running toward me. It was only a few days after 1.2 and I wasn't still used to that. I totally freaked out. I thought it was some kind of special event with faction invasions. I closed asap my crafting panel and inventory, started to buff+shield myself and prepared for a duel. Anyway, I felt so dumb 10s later. :p

Edited by Sammm

I have a Miraluka Shadow, but would agree that they're fairly rare. The Republic-style Zabraks seem to be more rare than their Imperial counterparts (although that might just be because of the overall Republic/Imperial ratio in general) also.

There are definitely Twi'Leks all over the place. I personally have 3 of them. Twi'Leks everywhere! :D

Edited by NoxIrradiata

For personal preference, I prefer Chiss, Humans and Slightly cybored humans. I can't get into the other races. Just doesn't appeal to me personally.

As for what I've seen.

Humans

Chiss

Cyborgs

Sith Purebloods

Twi'leks

Very few of the other races. Like VERY few. I have seen a few Ratakai, but like 3 out of 100s of race/class combos.

I have a Miraluka Shadow, but would agree that they're fairly rare. The Republic-style Zabraks seem to be more rare than their Imperial counterparts (although that might just be because of the overall Republic/Imperial ratio in general) also.

There are definitely Twi'Leks all over the place. I personally have 3 of them. :D Twi'Leks everywhere!

I love Twi'leks! I am playing 4. I am going to level them up to 50 then unlock the species for all classes and have 8 of them. I am thinking the legacy name should be "Twi'Lek Supremacy" or "Ryloth Rising".