Who else doesn't care about the new space mission?

DarthWoad

The new space mission will be fun for what it is. The space minigame isn't the most amazing thing in the world, but it's one of the better minigames in an mmo. It's always interesting when people complain about how there's no pazzak or pod racing, but what they did do was make a space fighting system akin to a simplified Star Fox with several levels and ship upgrades. You can even do it for some experience and eventually daily coupons.

It's not free range space which many of us want (myself included), but I cannot fault them for adding this into the game for fun. It's a nice distraction every once in a while.

Now I just hope they do what Star Fox 64 did and add in "ALL-RANGE MODE!" and hope that nothin' is wrong with the G-Diffuser.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play the curent space missions to get credits. I spend so much money on crafting missions I'd other wise be broke (and was before I discovered I could do the space missions). I was definitely not interested in the rail shooter initially. I still don't like rail shooters. I'd rather do 3D. On the other hand Lando's fly through the Death Star II would not have been humanly possible in a starship... too many right angle turns at high velocity...so a rail shooter sounds about right for that mission.

If they do make a 3D Space game...

They should make Features similar to Elite + Xwing vs. Tie-fighter.

Elite:

• Open space in planet tary systems in which you can fly.
  • Jump between systems.
  • Arrive at the edge of a solar system and fly to the planet or space station for docking.
  • Random encounters while flying from system entry to docking.
  • Random Fed-X / Hauling missions, and Combat missions.
  • Trading of commodities with different markets in each system. (Run guns to Alderaan? Fly Spice to Hutta? etc.)
  • 3D radar (shows x, y, & z position of objects relative to your ship)
  • Mining & Salvage

Xwing vs. Tie-fighers

• Practice 3D flight simulator to build up your skills before flying in space.
  • Multiple fighers, bombers, assault gunboats.
  • A variety of missions to fly with rewards, earned ranks, etc.
  • Multiplayer Missions
  • Head to Head dog fighting PvP individual and team.

For a real winner add to that:

• Guild Capital Ships
  • Guild vs. Guild RvR battle zones
  • Dynamic Galactic War
  • Large PvP Space battles
  • Interactive Exploration--board ships, asteroids, bases, derelicts etc.
  • Tie in between the ground game and space game... including PvP combined space and ground battles.

I know there are some folks who think that ground and space are separte games. In Star Wars they belong together. There's no rule that says if you have a ground game you can't have a space game too.

If you're afraid that the space game will detract from the ground game, think again. What can be done with the game depends on subscriptions--people playing and playing. A good space game with the ground game will increase the number of players and subscribers. That in turn will fund more game improvements. So ti's a win win. If you think that they should only be working on the thing you're interested in and exclude the interests of other players then you think that this should be a nich game... and those never have very large populations.

Edited by Star-ranger

I play the curent space missions to get credits. I spend so much money on crafting missions I'd other wise be broke (and was before I discovered I could do the space missions). I was definitely not interested in the rail shooter initially. I still don't like rail shooters. I'd rather do 3D. On the other hand Lando's fly through the Death Star II would not have been humanly possible in a starship... too many right angle turns at high velocity...so a rail shooter sounds about right for that mission.

Elite:

• Jump between systems.
  • Arrive at the edge of a solar system and fly to the planet or space station for docking.
  • Trading of commodities with different markets in each system. (Run guns to Alderaan? Fly Spice to Hutta? etc.)
  • Mining & Salvage

Xwing vs. Tie-fighers

• Multiplayer Missions

• Guild Capital Ships
  • Dynamic Galactic War
  • Tie in between the ground game and space game... including PvP combined space and ground battles.

I know there are some folks who think that ground and space are separte games. In Star Wars they belong together. There's no rule that says if you have a ground game you can't have a space game too.

If you're afraid that the space game will detract from the ground game, think again. What can be done with the game depends on subscriptions--people playing and playing. A good space game with the ground game will increase the number of players and subscribers. That in turn will fund more game improvements. So ti's a win win. If you think that they should only be working on the thing you're interested in and exclude the interests of other players then you think that this should be a nich game... and those never have very large populations.

All good ideas and it's similar to what I have in mind when I imagine a space expansion to this game. I think they release raiding content at a great rate already. Three raids in six months is good! What I'm looking for are more reasons to log into swtor on non-raiding nights. Space might be the variety this game needs to kick it into gear. I personally think daily quests are awful. It needs to have more variety than that.

Edited by Pargon

Elite:

• Jump between systems.
  • Mining & Salvage

Xwing vs. Tie-fighers

• Multiplayer Missions

• Guild Capital Ships
  • Dynamic Galactic War

Yes, yes and oh my goodness this is awesome to all of this.

Exactly like a space expansion should look like.

As usual I want to add seemless space to planetary atmosphere flight:

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst