The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

can you re'd orange weapons yet?

netskink

I can RE orange weapons to get back some of the mats (and if I leave the high level mods in, they RE for level 5 stuff instead of level 1).. which is all Bioware promised. People have been reading into their comments that you would be able to learn the Schematic... they never promised that, just that you can RE them. Edited by Darlgon

Hi

I tried to create some orange weapon shells a while back and was not able to RE them. Has this been fixed yet?

John

I tried this just last night on a custom lightsaber I crafted, it couldn't be RE'd. Orange lightsabers that you get as mission rewards and so on CAN be RE'd however, which may be what's confusing some of the other posters.

I've reported this as a bug, since the tooltip for my custom saber erroneously said "Right click to reverse engineer". Hopefully they make them RE-able, but if not at least the tooltip will be fixed.

I do not know what the intention is (from BioWare), but I can report the following:

I created a Custombuilt Blaster Rifle for a companion.

Used it for a while, until I got a Blaster Pistol that was arguably better.

Could not RE the Custombuilt Blaster Rifle for materials.

And that is what I think the OP is looking for.

Can we RE, for materials, orange custom weapons yet?

And the answer is no, at least for some.

it's because at high levels when everyone is making loads of armor/weapon pieces just hoping they'll crit some to keep/sell, being able to RE those and get some of your materials back would make the process much easier

if you want more materials, farm

Edited by TheNevet