PPA Proc

StarHuntr

While true, Rapid Shots and Unload only have a 16% chance to proc CGC, where FB has a 100% chance to proc CGC.

That's nice. But what the conversation was about in these last few posts was ways to avoid using FB as it also has a chance to trigger RS, which you do not want to do when RS is already off CD.

Rapid shots is 3 white hits, each of them has a 16% chance to trigger the DoT.

I always thought this was to actually make you open with incendiary missile. If the initial flame burst didn't proc PPA, then incendiary missile would be meh and not very used.

Anyway, at least powertechs can cycle through PPA procs really fast, try being a merc with 1.5-3 sec casts for PPA , which get interrupted, or don't even proc :p You get railshots pouring out of your ears in comparison. No room for complaints IMO.

Edited by Sinsavz

I always thought this was to actually make you open with incendiary missile. If the initial flame burst didn't proc PPA, then incendiary missile would be meh and not very used.

Anyway, at least powertechs can cycle through PPA procs really fast, try being a merc with 1.5-3 sec casts for PPA , which get interrupted, or don't even proc :p You get railshots pouring out of your ears in comparison. No room for complaints IMO.

LOL. I guess when you compare any class to Mercs there isn't any room for complaints. :).

You are right about IM being your standard opener. I (personally) don't want to use IM when I am high on heat, and if the target isn't burning the sensible thing to do is A, use FB, or B, use Rapid Shots or Unload to get the target burning.