New Level 50 gear choice

dcgregorya

Wanted to get some people smarter than I's opinion on this. I have 3500 ranked warzone comms, 2000 warzone comms, about to level to 50. I'm thinking of converting the ranked WZ to normal to get more BM gear. Basically I want to be competitive as fast as possible. I'll be buying the expertise crystasls from the pre-order vendor until Iget full BM and can swap the power ones back in.

Is it better to have:

1) Main hand w/ expertise crystal, offhand with expertise crystal, gloves and boots for 2pc set bonus

- OR -

2) Main hand w/ expertise crystal, relic, boots, gloves, 1x implant, 1x ear piece

I'm trying to figure basically if the offhand with expertise crystal will make more of an impact than the extra pieces I can get, given how much the offhand damage is reduced in the game. I'm carnage spec if that makes a difference.

Edited by dcgregorya

1) Main hand w/ expertise crystal, offhand with expertise crystal, gloves and boots for 2pc set bonus

- OR -

2) Main hand w/ expertise crystal, relic, boots, gloves, 1x implant, 1x ear piece

I dont like either of those 2 choices honestly, but if those are the only choices, then get 1) since those require the highest rating to get when rated wz come out. (also because I dont believe in buying the relic, when currently all you need right now is 2x Champion relics that are buyable with credits from the recruit vendor)

anyway, if it was upto me, I wouldn't get the weapons at all, since I dont think they are as cost effective as buying other things. I would buy the cheapest armor pieces that you can get, and recruit the rest of it.

(i love the WH vindicator gloves, and I'd buy a ton of those! and mod/enhancment rip them and throw them into BM gear) The armoring plates dont have extra expertise over BM gear, and minimal stat growth.

getting to full BM gear is fairly quick as long as you live long enough to get your defender/attacker medals, so living longer is more benificial then doing damage the first week of 50+ WZ. (buy as much BM gear as u can, and when 1.3 comes out, use aug kits to add augments to them, so that u can quickly get ready for Rated WZ)

people who say get weapons first really want to just kill you over and over again because as a fresh 50, your not really getting a damage increase from the weapons, but they are definatelly going to kill you faster since your in more recruit gear then they are! (people will try to give you statistics to prove me wrong, but u cant deal damage while your dead)

- OR -

I dont like either of those 2 choices honestly, but if those are the only choices, then get 1) since those require the highest rating to get when rated wz come out. (also because I dont believe in buying the relic, when currently all you need right now is 2x Champion relics that are buyable with credits from the recruit vendor)

anyway, if it was upto me, I wouldn't get the weapons at all, since I dont think they are as cost effective as buying other things. I would buy the cheapest armor pieces that you can get, and recruit the rest of it.

(i love the WH vindicator gloves, and I'd buy a ton of those! and mod/enhancment rip them and throw them into BM gear) The armoring plates dont have extra expertise over BM gear, and minimal stat growth.

getting to full BM gear is fairly quick as long as you live long enough to get your defender/attacker medals, so living longer is more benificial then doing damage the first week of 50+ WZ. (buy as much BM gear as u can, and when 1.3 comes out, use aug kits to add augments to them, so that u can quickly get ready for Rated WZ)

people who say get weapons first really want to just kill you over and over again because as a fresh 50, your not really getting a damage increase from the weapons, but they are definatelly going to kill you faster since your in more recruit gear then they are! (people will try to give you statistics to prove me wrong, but u cant deal damage while your dead)

You're not wrong. As much of the armor as you can get, save relics and weapons for last. 6 main peices first, then implants and ear, THEN the other stuff. That'll get you at least somewhat competitive depending upon the competition. Like on Vornskr for example, most of the PvP crowd is starting to cap off at full War Hero, so untill you're half War Hero on my server you're gonna get smashed.