How do Republic and Imperial side Quesh stories go together?

Tiranea

I just did Quesh on Imperial side for the first time and I don't see how the planetary storylines for both sides are supposed to add up on this planet.

On Republic side you end up capturing or killing Moff Dracen, who gives out the entirety of the Imperial chain, so I figured that the Imperial story has to be happening first or else the player wouldn't be able to talk to the guy throughout the whole thing. However, the Imperial story then ends with you capturing or killing Broga the Hutt, who features heavily on Republic side as an ally of theirs who needs help - so if the Imperial story happened first, Broga wouldn't be alive and allied with the Republic to give out missions for them.

How does this work? All I see is contradictions. :jawa_confused:

Edited by Ellvaan
Added spoiler tags

Only way they can both happen as depicted is that Imperial side happens first and the canon ending is that Broga is spared(and he then proceeds to back stab the Empire).

It is rare but there occasionally are instances where canon decisions are established for quests. This is just one of them.

Interesting, I think that's the first story I've encountered in the game where this kind of mental adjustment is necessary. It seems kind of weird too, as they easily could have maintained coherence by simply having Dracen interfere before you can kill Broga (because he wants to keep him for interrogation or whatever). Where else do you get the option to do things which are then ignored in the official canon?

Best example I can think off the top of my head is the Hoth power station mission. When you are playing as an Imp you see what is likely the canon result to the mission where Squad Zero(or whatever that squad's name is) takes the equivilent of the Republic darkside action. When you play the mission as a Pub, you see the Imperial squad attack presumably taking the Darkside equivilent action.

There really aren't any clues to which side actually wins(my guess would be the Imp squad), but I view that quest as a very rare look at how a world arc canonically plays out.

I know what you mean - I'm currently playing an Imperial Agent (who's supposed to be the my Republic Trooper's future father) and he's gotten the assignment

to take down Ulgo. Problem is - my Trooper already captured him. So what "really" happened? Does Ulgo constantly break out of custody or something?

That's the problem when MMORPG quests tread upon the same ground - which one is right?

Edited by Nikoagonistes

Greetings everyone!

A quick reminder to please use the available SPOILER tags when sharing something that spoils the story! You can use them like this:

[noparse]

(Information here.)

[/noparse]

That will give you this:

(Information here.)

Thank you for your understanding and help keeping this forum spoiler-free!

Edited by Ellvaan

I've noticed a similar problem on Taris:

On Republic side, you can either wipe out the Nekghouls, or let the Holocron teach them.

On Imperial side, you have to deal with the Nekghouls after they were trained by the Holocron.

That actually works. Remember you come to the Imperial side *after* the Republic actions. The republic stuff has played out.

Also keep in mind that the Nekghouls are rather prevalent, so you may not have been succesful as you think on the Repub side in that regards.

Still Taris is the world i like the best for the way the two sides happen. It was pretty awesome to come along as my Imp and essentially dismantle or destroy any and all progress i had accomplished with my Republic hero.

Only way they can both happen as depicted is that Imperial side happens first and the canon ending is that Broga is spared(and he then proceeds to back stab the Empire).

I totally spared him on my IA just so it "worked" storyline-wise for all my characters. :rolleyes:

I've noticed a similar problem on Taris:

On Republic side, you can either wipe out the Nekghouls, or let the Holocron teach them.

On Imperial side, you have to deal with the Nekghouls after they were trained by the Holocron.

My take on that specific instance is that it is another of those rare instances where we get to see the canon character who completed a quest. In this case, the canon character who completed the Nekghoul portion of the Taris Bonus Series is the Jedi who the Imperial characters fight along with the Nekghouls.If I'm right about that, then that would mean that the canon choice for the Nekghouls is the LS choice....not that it really matters at the end of the day.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius