Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Fresh and Left Out

I just got my main to 50 around late March-early April just around the time servers were depleting (at least my server). I tried Ops and HMs and was kicked for lack of gear,hp,and HM Experience.Thus leading me to PvP frequently.When 1.2 dropped I had mostly Champion gear mixed with Centurion.That day my server was at its highest pop around 63 people on Rep Fleet alone.Still no luck on any ops and HMs.This has taken a tole on me now and many other "Fresh 50s" I have only one peice of Columni gear but full BM with no chance whatsoever of any Op or HM.If you are currently on a dead server you know how this feels I cant PvP because no one logs on.I just would like to know and hear others stories.Mainly people who have also been left out of end-game content due to the fact that you didn't level fast enough to experience any of it.

My guild on SMS broke up shortly after I hit 50 in February. Being unable to search for hardmode groups (not to mention wasting numerous hours trying to find enough 50's to start a HM group) to prepare for OPs while doing things like dailies helped push me to re-roll on a new server. I'm hoping against hope that I'll be able to server xfer my sorc from there to a more lively server and start playing him again.

In fact, I'm hoping that both servers in which I have characters will be available to xfer away from. I'd love to have them all on one legacy.

I just got my main to 50 around late March-early April just around the time servers were depleting (at least my server). I tried Ops and HMs and was kicked for lack of gear,hp,and HM Experience.Thus leading me to PvP frequently.When 1.2 dropped I had mostly Champion gear mixed with Centurion.That day my server was at its highest pop around 63 people on Rep Fleet alone.Still no luck on any ops and HMs.This has taken a tole on me now and many other "Fresh 50s" I have only one peice of Columni gear but full BM with no chance whatsoever of any Op or HM.If you are currently on a dead server you know how this feels I cant PvP because no one logs on.I just would like to know and hear others stories.Mainly people who have also been left out of end-game content due to the fact that you didn't level fast enough to experience any of it.

Sadly, you are going to find this in any MMO.

No one wants to take a freash level cap toon into a raid. They expect you to be geared and know the fights. Given this doesn't speak for everyone, there are a few exceptions that will give green horns a chance, but a majority wants you to be ready. At the same time, they don't want to help you get geared up for raids. This has been my experience in practically every MMO I have played.

Low server populations doesn't help much either. Hopefully with the upcoming server transfers things will pan out more.

Sadly, you are going to find this in any MMO.

No one wants to take a freash level cap toon into a raid. They expect you to be geared and know the fights. Given this doesn't speak for everyone, there are a few exceptions that will give green horns a chance, but a majority wants you to be ready. At the same time, they don't want to help you get geared up for raids. This has been my experience in practically every MMO I have played.

Low server populations doesn't help much either. Hopefully with the upcoming server transfers things will pan out more.

How are ppl meant learn then?

I can't even get lvl 50 gear on my server unless I craft it myself.

Just to make sure that you got that, not even green lvl 50 items. I'm a 50 and the best thing I could get for PvE was the recruit set, which we all know is intended for PvP. I dinged 50 while still wearing lvl 28 mods. I had to respec as healer to be able to get myself through Voss, as dps I would die in 2 secs against golds.

This is the outcome of low populations and dead GTN'es. Now if only BW could have grasped this months ago instead of promising transfers "soon". Another two months of this and there won't be a single person left on 200 servers.

And no, I couldnt gear myself on Voss or Corellia because all the mission rewards consisted of lockboxes, which always contain items intended for another class, and companion specific gear. I was more or less forced to pick the companion gear so that one of us could do some dps. Hence, I didnt have many comms to buy gear for myself with.

Edited by MidichIorian

I'm in the same boat, TC. I'd love to do some flashpoints and ops, but as a fresh 50, it's incredibly difficult to even find a group for HM Black Talon/Esseles. This has caused me to do nothing but warzones, but even then, it's hard to get into a warzone due to the population.

All of my 50s wear Recruit gear as well.

At 320,000 credits, seems like a good deal to me.

All of my companions I use wear that as well.

I doubt I could run any instance on my Republic server, but maybe could if I wanted to deal with the time to find a group, on my Empire server.

At this point I would just like for a future patch to introduce some open world PvP objectives, that would be neat.

TLDR... I couldn't run any of the instances you mentioned, and wouldn't invest the length of time it would take to find a group, even if I possibly could, on one of the two.

A bit late to the party but here's an idea that really could have made it easier for people: Just like PvP has the recruit set as entry gear they should have had a lvl 50 PvE entry custom set so that people could atleast get out of their ten levels old items and have a set they could place their mods from dailies in. Edited by MidichIorian

it's funny because my guild has actually been taken fresh 50's into HM OP's against their own judgement. We would sometimes need one more and since someone just hit 50 in the guild, we would pull them in but they decline because they didn't have the gear. We are usually able to convince them otherwise...

As for suggestions, when I hit 50 back in February, I never touched a HM FP or OPs untill after I got all my gear up to lvl 50 standards. Buying mods/armorings/enhancements from the GTN as well as running dailies for more. Buying relics from the Light/Dark Side vendor. Requesting for cybernetics/biochems for earpieces/implants. The more effort you put into getting better armor yourself will always show to others looking at your gear. If no effort is applied then people tend to not care what your needs are since your just making it harder for them.

I should also note that many people will always view PvP gear as only PvP gear. The wasted stat points in expertise basically drops it to the equivalent of low level gear

Edited by Codek

A bit late to the party but here's an idea that really could have made it easier for people: Just like PvP has the recruit set as entry gear they should have had a lvl 50 PvE entry custom set so that people could atleast get out of their ten levels old items and have a set they could place their mods from dailies in.

They have them, its called normal flashpoints.

Now just find some people!

Edited by Darth_Acherus

Two things......

1) Natural progression - Ilum + Corellia quest line, dailies, SM FPs, HM FPs, SM Ops, etc. You're not suppose to skip steps, if you're trying to skip steps the problem is you're being impatient, don't expect other players to carry you.

2) The LFD tool should alleviate alot of your problems with finding a group as the tool does not differentiate by gear. However, there will be players running 3rd party DPS parsers that will kick you if you're too low on damage. Assuming you know your class well and have not skipped steps in the natural progression, this should not be an issue.

Edited by SajmanPeetee

Two things......

1) Natural progression - Ilum + Corellia quest line, dailies, SM FPs, HM FPs, SM Ops, etc. You're not suppose to skip steps, if you're trying to skip steps the problem is you're being impatient, don't expect other players to carry you.

2) The LFD tool should alleviate alot of your problems with finding a group as the tool does not differentiate by gear. However, there will be players running 3rd party DPS parsers that will kick you if you're too low on damage. Assuming you know your class well and have not skipped steps in the natural progression, this should not be an issue.

Your misunderstanding I never said I wasn't geared at all just not to their liking which in other words means not Full Rakata or Full Columni.Were all just BS ourselves by saying those Corellia dalies work you can do those but you'll spend a month plus trying to get one reward for 200 Comms.

Two things......

Just as a note: players can't actually see other players output for damage and healing without permission of some sort. So I wouldn't expect people to realize the other sucks just from viewing damage meters. Doesn't mean they won't kick players based on gear and length of time for killing trash.

Your misunderstanding I never said I wasn't geared at all just not to their liking which in other words means not Full Rakata or Full Columni.Were all just BS ourselves by saying those Corellia dalies work you can do those but you'll spend a month plus trying to get one reward for 200 Comms.

I think there is something missing here. No one would turn down a person from a HM FP's (Excluding LI which has it's reasons) for not having full Rakata/Columni. Same with Story mode OP's. Either they were planning for a HM OP or a easy LI run or are just complete a-holes

Edited by Codek

Buy all the orange gear, augmentable if possible, then do the dailies on ilum, Corellia and Belsavis. Buy the armour modification, mod and enhancement. With the augments and all the top orange gear stuff you will have a shot of doing HM's and such. Wouldn't even bother getting the ear, implant and relic from the daily vendor since relics are dropping in KP all the time. Save up for the columi implant and ear from the vendor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.