Was there a challenge for the worse set bonuses possible?

Asphen

There had to be, and the winner got to put them on the Sentinel PvP set. I've tried creatively to think of something worse but I can't. The developer that thought up of these set bonuses wins all.

There had to be, and the winner got to put them on the Sentinel PvP set. I've tried creatively to think of something worse but I can't. The developer that thought up of these set bonuses wins all.

If you're trying to use them for PvE, you'd be correct, but also stupid for trying. They are made for tackling human players.

Guarded By The Force is used to help compensate for the fact some players know to put tanks last on the priority list. It also buys time for healers and force camo cooldowns. Or even change the outcome of a fight. It should be getting popped pretty often when your health is around 4k or lower. And it should also be saving your life half the time if you use your borrowed time wisely. And didn't jump into ridiculous odds in the first place.

Dispatch has high damage, some range, and requires the enemy to be below 30%. Everything about it says that it's designed to aid a melee class in "dispatching" low-health runners. There are plenty of times where chasing or waiting for a leap-cooldown isn't as efficient. You can throw it different vertical levels, you can throw it when something else has sent you flying away, you can throw it before someone turns invisible only for it to hit after they're no longer detectable. It is a great ability and should be always one of your last hits on an enemy. You just can't always count of the default range to do the trick for all types of reasons.

Yeah our set bonuses are blah. Sure they arent "awful"...but youre no worse for not having them. Ive never been 15 seconds short of NEEDING GBtF, its an empty bonus even when combined with the cooldown reduction in teh Focus tree.

And having extra range on Dispatch is also sorta meh...if Ive gotten a target down to 30% health to use Dispatch, they are probably in range already for me to have done said damage. Also, its not like Sentinel has any shortage of ways to keep range. Again, not terrible and nice when it happens to work out but nothing needed or that I would care if I didnt have.