The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can Bioware Rescue This Game?

Karabal

Everyone knows this game is in trouble. EA knows, BioWare Knows, The media knows, We the subscribers know. Even the fanboys know. Everyone knows the game was launched unfinished and unrefined. We can thank EA for that, they have a history of demanding deadlines that cant be met. The result of EA's poor business ethos of quantity over quality.

Anyway before I start going off the rails lets get back to topic.

Do you the community think that BioWare can rescue this game? Or do you think there's nothing worth rescuing?

Will the launch of Guild Wars 2 be the final nail in the coffin for SWTOR? What will it take for you to re-subscribe if you have already cancelled?

Please answer for yourself not what you think everyone else is thinking.

Personally I think BioWare can pull this back if something definitive happens in the next 2 weeks. I genuinely believe this game still has the potential to outshine everything else out there including the upcoming Guild Wars.

The one and only thing that will get me to re-sub is server transfers/merges. If that doesn't happen before GW2 then I will probably never re-sub I only have time to invest in 1 MMO and that is usually the one that currently has my attention.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

GW2 is absolutely going to hammer a big nail into TORs coffin.

Not only is there no monthly fee, but there's as much content, and it's presented in a far more interesting way.

And, dare I remind anyone, GW2 isn't based on grinding for the best gear; a fatal mistake TOR made by copying WoW.

Not only is there no monthly fee, but there's as much content, and it's presented in a far more interesting way.

And, dare I remind anyone, GW2 isn't based on grinding for the best gear; a fatal mistake TOR made by copying WoW.

Gw 2 from what i have read isnt much better than this.. only thing is it there is no monthly fee

Gw 2 from what i have read isnt much better than this.. only thing is it there is no monthly fee

GW2 is massively different to TOR.

The dynamic content and the fact it's not based around grinding for the best gear, for starters.

This post made me lol, (at the poster for feeling as if its important to beat a dead horse...) the game is fine, I'm having fun and feel it will get better. Welcome to MMO's and the art of perfecting them right from the start!

GW1 didn't kill any games, GW2 isn't going to, either.

I am hoping it will draw off the noisy obnoxious PVPers, though. Who will play IT for three months, bellyaching loudly, and then go to some other game.

This post made me lol, (at the poster for feeling as if its important to beat a dead horse...) the game is fine, I'm having fun and feel it will get better. Welcome to MMO's and the art of perfecting them right from the start!

You can't have followed too many successful MMOs in your time, is the best I can offer in response.

Do you the community think that BioWare can rescue this game?

No, it's doomed, doomed, doomed, you'd better unsubscribe right now.

Um, send me all your stuff first, though. Especially credits. "Dahail" on Rubat Crystal.

Given they are two completely different styles of game, to lump them together shows you don't seem to know much about them.

I am hoping it will draw off the noisy obnoxious PVPers, though. Who will play IT for three months, bellyaching loudly, and then go to some other game.

Actually, with GW2s WvWvW being a massive improvement on Dark Age of Camelot -- an ancient game that people are still paying a monthly fee to play -- it's pretty clear that people are going to play GW2 for many, many years to come. And most won't spend a cent after buying the box to do so.

Given they are two completely different styles of game, to lump them together shows you don't seem to know much about them.

Actually, with GW2s WvWvW being a massive improvement on Dark Age of Camelot -- an ancient game that people are still paying a monthly fee to play -- it's pretty clear that people are going to play GW2 for many, many years to come. And most won't spend a cent after buying the box to do so.

but you lumped them in together when you first compared gw2 and tor.... you started the gw 2 tor comparison..

then go have fun and stop wasting our time talking about stuff like you are in the know. cause Honestly some of us like the game and don't care what QQ'ers like you feel is wrong, (which ironically, is always the case with you as you are never happy) and in response to your jab...I've actually been around for a number of mmo's so don't think you are the only one that can give replies to threads in hopes to gain public attention for your newfoundlove in GW2. cause quite honestly, good riddance, have a good 2 month stay over there

but you lumped them in together when you first compared gw2 and tor.... you started the gw 2 tor comparison..

Erm, no I didn't. I haven't mentioned GW at all in this thread until your comment.

umm i believe that is your quote.. on gw2 the second quote of the post..before i posted at all

Honestly some of us like the game and don't care what QQ'ers like you feel is wrong,

Well if you had any common sense you would care, because what we are pointing out are the very things that are killing the game you profess to love. So if you just stopped and listened you might learn something. And if Bioware did the same, there might still be a recognisable game 12 months from now.

But I guess that's too much to ask?

Yes, and none of it mentions GW. It's all about GW2.

are you serious? thats yoru argument.. that i didnt put a 2 on my post.. you knew i was discussing gw2 because i was answering you... that is the weakest argument you can possibly make dude....

iunderstand you hate the game.. you have 15 days left till your no longer paying for the game..and frankly i think you should spend your time playing some other game other than coming on here and nitpicking an arugment that is dumb.

And the fact that Arenanet can keep games running for years with no subscription fee, and never have to worry about people counting up how many players there are, it makes one wonder why games like TOR even need a sub to begin with.

are you serious? thats yoru argument.. that i didnt put a 2 on my post.. you knew i was discussing gw2 because i was answering you... that is the weakest argument you can possibly make dude....

No that's patently incorrect. Because your post, that I took issue with talked about GW and GW2. Clearly you were talking about both games. And I pointed out I hadn't mentioned GW... because I hadn't.

So I have been right about this all along... AND YOU'RE STILL FREAKING ARGUING?!?

Man, you need some fresh air.

No that's patently incorrect. Because your post, that I took issue with talked about GW and GW2. Clearly you were talking about both games. And I pointed out I hadn't mentioned GW... because I hadn't.

So I have been right about this all along... AND YOU'RE STILL FREAKING ARGUING?!?

Man, you need some fresh air.

please show me what quote and where i quoted anything about gw... go ahead..y ou cant

Will you say the game is fine when they go under a million subs? Under 500k Subs? When will it not be fine for you?

Do you the community think that BioWare can rescue this game? Or do you think there's nothing worth rescuing?

Will the launch of Guild Wars 2 be the final nail in the coffin for SWTOR? What will it take for you to re-subscribe if you have already cancelled?

Please answer for yourself not what you think everyone else is thinking.

I think the game will survive but perhaps fill a niche market. The two big things BioWare needs to do sooner rather than later if merge serves and introduce a LFG tool. I think this would alleviate some of the angst.

A couple of things that would make me happy is introduce more sandboxy things in the game. As the game stands right now, once you reach 50, there isn't much to do other than grind dailies, PvP or so HM FPs/raid. Rerolling and exploring the other class stories is an option but going through the same content multiple times becomes mind numbling. Perhaps if there were alternate leveling paths, it wouldn't be so painful. I do love the class stories but I just can't bring myself to level yet another character and see the same old content a third, forth, fifth time. Give me some hobby systems. Give me player housing. Give me another crafting profession to make said items for my house. So much potential there.

I'm not sure about GW2. I played it a bit and really liked what I saw. Also, don't forget about TSW which launches this month. I've been playing it and have to stay that I'm intrigued and preordered. It can also flounder being a Funcom game but it also may be a sleeper hit too. It is hard to say how new games will fare.

GW2 bores the living hell out of me, and I still have fun in TOR, so does about 99% of my very large guild......I think you assume too much.

GW2 bores the living hell out of me, and I still have fun in TOR, so does about 99% of my very large guild......I think you assume too much.

Diablo 3 killed my server, I cant even imagine what another MMO is gonna do.

See that tumble weed blowing through all but 1 PVP server in the US, 1 in the EU and the Oceanic one?

Yes mate that is right, almost all the 'noisy' PVPers are already long gone mate they left when Ilum was pulled and the ranked WZ to appease them was shelved.

You would be suprised how noisy the Raiding PVE community would have been if instead of being given workarounds for the bugs in their Ops BW just closed the Ops instead and said just do random group Fps until we get around to giving your content that you bought the game to play back.

I am sure the PVP community will bellyache very loudly indeed in GW2 if Arenanet somehow manage to completely fk up the PVP content in that game. I severely doubt that Arenanet are that stupid though.

The vocal PVP players that you still have in this game are in the main SW fans they love SW and PVP is their preferred playstyle, they don't want to leave, they just want to be able to play PVP on their PVP servers that is not just having 4 random strangers forced upon their 4 man PVP team to compete in 4 not very well put together maps.

Anyway, On Topic: Sure Bioware can rescue this game, once they consolidate the populations they can start doing some stuff to actually appease the residual player base and add to it. People that truly love SW will put up with an awful lot of BS just so that they can play in this universe.

Edited by Lurchy