Weekly Quest/PvP Brackets

MimicUnleashed

The really sad thing to this post, is that I loved PvP in this game up until 50. And by loved, I mean I was so happy with this game's PvP system I was gushing to my friends about how good it was. And I mean friends who don't play. So When the 1-50 were still in the same WZs I was cool, till Expertise raised it's ugly head. It wasn't about skill or teamwork, it was about "LoLzorz! I gotz majik stat!" and just like the depressingly dumb PvP from WoW. Once my main hit 50, I stopped playing.

After I had such an awesome time with it on my alts for a while, I decided to give it a try on my main. The weekly quest requires you win 9 Warzones in a week. Which seems ok. But as a Republic character in full Recruit gear I litterally still die faster than mobs I fight in lower level flashpoints. After 3 days of doing my daily to do 6 (and most of the time I go to 10+) WZs a day I have won exactly 1 time. When I first got the quest 3 weeks ago I played about a dozen or so WZs then. I won none of them.

So because of this I suggest that when you do PvP cross-server, you implement a no-expertise bracket. A "Your expertise is reduced to 0 no matter what" bracket. Then you may see more PvP from the casual friendlies. You can casually do Story Mode, but PvP is go hardcore or go home? No thanks.

I'm pretty sure you're just bad.......

And on top of that, after playing (and even losing) those 20 or so games you should have a couple of pieces of BM.

When I was in full recruit on my reroll, I won more than I lost and it only took me 3 days to get full BM. Guard nodes and call out more effectively, spec yourself utility instead of focusing on kills and such....there are a ton of ways to become more effective at that level.

~Cathexis

I'm pretty sure you're just bad.......

And on top of that, after playing (and even losing) those 20 or so games you should have a couple of pieces of BM.

When I was in full recruit on my reroll, I won more than I lost and it only took me 3 days to get full BM. Guard nodes and call out more effectively, spec yourself utility instead of focusing on kills and such....there are a ton of ways to become more effective at that level.

~Cathexis

All I do is guard nodes, but between all those games I've gotten BM bracers and an implant because I average 60-70 coms a game. If it's voidstar it's simply delay them touching the door. AOE taunts, of course, every cooldown and AWE if more than 3 people are around me. And sadly, PvP is fun before 50. At 50 it's all about getting more Expertise so you survive and possibly win... that's not fun. These are the same games I loved pre-50. The only thing that changed is 1 stat. And I don't even want expertise completely removed. I just want a non-expertise bracket so I can play for fun, not because I HAVE to have X gear just to have a good time.

Edited by MimicUnleashed