Sage or Shadow?

MrDumbo

So I just rerolled on a new server and I made a Jedi Consular. On my old server I had a Sith Sorcerer and liked it but so far it seems that the jedi consular isn't as great because it's attacks have limited range (or it might be that I'm just lvl 5 still lol). For Sith its 30m and for Jedi its 10m for its first 2 force attacks.

So I guess I have 2 questions, should I be a Sage or a Shadow? I plan on doing a lot of pvp.

or

Should I just make a Sith again because they're better?

Thanks.

So I just rerolled on a new server and I made a Jedi Consular. On my old server I had a Sith Sorcerer and liked it but so far it seems that the jedi consular isn't as great because it's attacks have limited range (or it might be that I'm just lvl 5 still lol). For Sith its 30m and for Jedi its 10m for its first 2 force attacks.

Nope, you just don't remember the early sith levels anymore :) Both sith and jedi start with a 10m range on their attacks(project/telekinetic throw and the sith versions). Once you choose the sorcerer(or sage) path, the range on those attacks will get boosted to 30m.

It has nothing to do with Sith vs. Jedi; the range of your Force attacks depends on your advanced class. Both the Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor are restricted to 10m range on these from levels 1 through 10. The Jedi Sage and Sith Sorceror advanced classes have the range of these attacks boosted to 30m, while the Sith Assassin and Jedi Shadow stay at 10m range.

So I guess I have 2 questions, should I be a Sage or a Shadow? I plan on doing a lot of pvp.

or

Should I just make a Sith again because they're better?

Thanks.

If you already have a Sorceror, then make your Consular a Shadow, because the Sage is virtually identical to the Sorceror in terms of abilities and mechanics.

Short version:

Jedi Sage/Sith Inquisitor = 30m range Force attacks, much more focus on Force damage than lightsaber combat, and healing ability.

Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin = 10m range, double-bladed lightsaber with more melee and less Force combat plus stealth abilities, cannot heal but can tank instead.

Edited by Mastershroom

In my opinion, for a pvp setting shadows win over sages for killing but team utility, sages are very indispensable especially healers. It is also very hard to win against other classes 1v1 if you're a sage, shadows can pretty much roflolstomp other classes 1v1, mara and sents included :). Like snipers, sages will only shine on killing if they are not noticed or are fiercely watched over by healers or guarders.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.