The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Biochem - parasitic microorganisms

Elyssandra

Hi Biochemers,

Once you reach end game I am sure all of you have a glut of this useless mat lying around and not enough quick growth agents or red goo. I have made a suggestion in the suggestion box regarding this http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

The TLDR: Parasitic microorganisms (not useful after lvl 41) drop at the rate of 3:1 or 2:1 to red goo or quick growth agents through missions and farming at end game. Please either

• Remove parasitic microorganisms from high level farming areas/ missions as it's not used after level 41 OR Balance the drop of Parasitic Microorganisms (no use currently end game) to quick growth agents and red goo (which are needed at the rate of 4-6 per recipe).
  • or Reduce the number of quick growth agents and red goo needed per end game recipe
  • or introduce a recipe that actually uses parasitic microorganisms @ end game.

If you're having concerns about this - please post your concerns/ suggestions as well.

Cheers!

Hi Biochemers,

Once you reach end game I am sure all of you have a glut of this useless mat lying around and not enough quick growth agents or red goo. I have made a suggestion in the suggestion box regarding this http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

The TLDR: Parasitic microorganisms (not useful after lvl 41) drop at the rate of 3:1 or 2:1 to red goo or quick growth agents through missions and farming at end game. Please either

• Remove parasitic microorganisms from high level farming areas/ missions as it's not used after level 41 OR Balance the drop of Parasitic Microorganisms (no use currently end game) to quick growth agents and red goo (which are needed at the rate of 4-6 per recipe).
  • or Reduce the number of quick growth agents and red goo needed per end game recipe
  • or introduce a recipe that actually uses parasitic microorganisms @ end game.

If you're having concerns about this - please post your concerns/ suggestions as well.

Cheers!

Fully support this. I'd also add nutrient gel too.

Drops rates, across the board, are very skewed at the moment. Once can find this in every skill. There seems to be an intent to balance total drop rates of an item between farming and missions. In short, it seems that they assumed that people would be doing both, at the same time, for a specific item. With two linked items, one item may farm better while the other item will mission better.

In practice however, it is not functioning as such. As developers of software tend to do, they left out the human element as it does not fit nicely into a spread sheet or schematic. In short, its a wild card that very few game developers account for. If they did, it would require greater front end planning, but far less issues further down the line.

For the non-biochemists, I will tell a story that will explain how bad the situation is.

I recently started a biochemist. My wife has 2 bioanalysts and a biochemist. When I hit the 300's, she sent me her "leftover, useless" materials, which included nearly a thousand (total) nutrient pastes and parasitic microorganisms.

They are sitting in my bank, un-used.

Or, remove the rank 5 materials from endgame recipes. I don't know about exotech, I don't craft it, but for all the max lvl medpack/stim, you need rank 5 AND 6 materials. It's stupid. I also have every others craft except synth, and I don't remember using anything else than rank 6 materials for endgame craft. I mean, endgame trainer recipes, not crit crafted orange item.

When I told my wife about my post in this thread, she laughed. Apparently those 1000 G5 materials were not from her bank, but in fact the useless leftover crap she *had in her inventory*. I fear how many she has in her bank, but I want to stop imagining the horror. Edited by Khalhazar

Have to agree too both. I have over 1k of each Parasitic and the Nutrient gel. the reason i farm these is they take up node spawns, so if you don't farm then you have less of a chance to get enough red goo and quick growth. which are used in end game.