Carnage stats.

Hello all,

Im almost lv 50 and i have some doubts about stats priority, as Carnage.

When i hit 50 i'll go basically for pvp, so the stats are:

Str/End > Expertise > Acc (108%) > Power > Crit (30%) > Surge (30%)

or

Str/End > Expertise > Acc > Crit > Power > Surge

??

Hello all,

Im almost lv 50 and i have some doubts about stats priority, as Carnage.

When i hit 50 i'll go basically for pvp, so the stats are:

Str/End > Expertise > Acc (108%) > Power > Crit (30%) > Surge (30%)

or

Str/End > Expertise > Acc > Crit > Power > Surge

??

Don't play carnage but accuracy shouldn't be a priority in pvp. But you should try getting your surge up (cap at 75% multiplier) because force scream auto crits.

So, something like this ?

Str/End > Expertise > Acc (108%) > Power > Crit (30%) > Surge (75%)

How do you have power above crit/surge? Power is never ending so you'd never get crit surge gear if that was the case.

It should be Str -> Expertise -> Acc -> Surge (75%) -> Crit (30%) -> Power.

power/surge enhancements are better than crit/surge IMO. my current crit is only like 26% and thats with the smuggler buff. Every spec of sent/mara is built around guaranteed crits on some move, bleeds force scream and smash. Power raises your bonus and main hand damage. All theory crafting I know at this point but thats the way I am min/maxing my full WH Sent.

power/surge enhancements are better than crit/surge IMO. my current crit is only like 26% and thats with the smuggler buff. Every spec of sent/mara is built around guaranteed crits on some move, bleeds force scream and smash. Power raises your bonus and main hand damage. All theory crafting I know at this point but thats the way I am min/maxing my full WH Sent.

Carnage wants to crit on ataru procs though and needs +crit to do it.

Personally think crit is over rated, time will tell when we get decent parsers I guess. I definetly think the war hero weapon master armor is way over stacked on it.

I ended up using the jugg sabers because of that.

carnage is the worst spec for pvp

go Annihilation

I will give you some reasons why Carnage is a much better spec then Annihilation for PVP

First Off your stance, You get an in combat movement speed buff as well as a accuracy buff. So being that you get an extra 3% accuracy from your stance you won't need as many accruacy mods in your gear and you can get some extra crit/surg/power whatever you choose.

The 15% run bonus you get from you stance always helps the specs with the Marauder biggest overal problem and that is keeping up with targets that stun and run away.

Next, the Carnage spec has many tools to keep a target locked down so following after them won't be an issue. Ravage/your saber throw and your lead all lock people down so they can't get away from you. This is huge because as I mentioned people getting away from you is a huge pain in the *** and this pretty much prevents that completely. (Allot of the time people trying to flee from you know that they are screwed and they do what they can to get away and don't fight back so its a super easy kill.

Your force camouflage unroots you, so those pesky snipers which are IMO the worst foe of any melee class are easily dealth with now. Once they knock you back and root you use force camouflage pop up behind them and one easy kill they are and if they try to run away you can just root them but a good player wouldn't even give them time to do that.

Predation now gives you an extra 30% speed bonus (Hutt ball anyone?)

Berserk reduces the global cool down of using Massacre and Vicious Slash and rage cost by 1. This is crazy. If your ravage is down and you need to kill someone real fast this will do it. Think of being able to spam those moves over and over again so fast being a couple k damage each strick. I've done this so players and you can wipe them out before they even make a tick in your health.

And last big thing about this spec, you do DIRRECT damge. You are not depending on a bunch of dots that can be completely cleansed off of you. A good player will always do that and being so many classes can cleanse dots off themselves why would you risk that. You spend all your rage and time throwing those dots on someone when they could have already been dead.

I don't know why people think Annihilation when it clearly isn't. Annihilation is meant for a controlled situation, its too rage intensive to risk something like a cleanse.

I will give you some reasons why Carnage is a much better spec then Annihilation for PVP

First Off your stance, You get an in combat movement speed buff as well as a accuracy buff. So being that you get an extra 3% accuracy from your stance you won't need as many accruacy mods in your gear and you can get some extra crit/surg/power whatever you choose.

The 15% run bonus you get from you stance always helps the specs with the Marauder biggest overal problem and that is keeping up with targets that stun and run away.

Next, the Carnage spec has many tools to keep a target locked down so following after them won't be an issue. Ravage/your saber throw and your lead all lock people down so they can't get away from you. This is huge because as I mentioned people getting away from you is a huge pain in the *** and this pretty much prevents that completely. (Allot of the time people trying to flee from you know that they are screwed and they do what they can to get away and don't fight back so its a super easy kill.

Your force camouflage unroots you, so those pesky snipers which are IMO the worst foe of any melee class are easily dealth with now. Once they knock you back and root you use force camouflage pop up behind them and one easy kill they are and if they try to run away you can just root them but a good player wouldn't even give them time to do that.

Predation now gives you an extra 30% speed bonus (Hutt ball anyone?)

Berserk reduces the global cool down of using Massacre and Vicious Slash and rage cost by 1. This is crazy. If your ravage is down and you need to kill someone real fast this will do it. Think of being able to spam those moves over and over again so fast being a couple k damage each strick. I've done this so players and you can wipe them out before they even make a tick in your health.

And last big thing about this spec, you do DIRRECT damge. You are not depending on a bunch of dots that can be completely cleansed off of you. A good player will always do that and being so many classes can cleanse dots off themselves why would you risk that. You spend all your rage and time throwing those dots on someone when they could have already been dead.

I don't know why people think Annihilation when it clearly isn't. Annihilation is meant for a controlled situation, its too rage intensive to risk something like a cleanse.

^^ This

Annihilation's use of DOTs makes it a perfect PVE spec as it allows you to do a sustained amount of damage over time, Carnage on the other hand is all about burst damage and since i respecced i have been hitting people like a truck.

It may not have the survivibility of Annihilation to start with but you get used to it and with good timing you still survive well enough to do some real damage

Edited by irishtim

• 2 months later...
What I seem to find is crits are RNG dmg no matter how you slice it you stack crit and your now your using rng as your main dps out put where as if you put more into power you have like what 1-2% less chance to crit for more dmg all the time plus when you crit does much more than before everything goes off bonus dmg so why not make it as high as possible imo stacking crit to like 125-165 depending is all you need because when you dont crit you still do good dmg and when you do its insane burst that can't be responded to.http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/30177b61-79e5-4171-b67d-6b9da22e183a this is a build I am doing for my mara I think is great I may drop even more crit because I get some crit with the stim but I will have to see. Edited by BurningCourage

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.