The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP Pod Racing

Vannara

How cool would it be to have PvP pod racing. Set it up like Mario Kart where you pick items as you race to blast the

snot out of people.

Not to **** all over this, but this sounds stupid. Reminds me of n64 episode 1 pod racing which was awful.

For its time, it was fun. Being able to upgrade your pod racer was cool, but c'mon.... We have speeders already. Just go to outlaws den and have your fun fighting/racing

Ya...thats not the same.

Pvp pod racing no because it would be like the space combat.

This is one of the things I've suggested for the current "space" combat. Pod or Swoop Racing, where it doesn't matter if you can't maneuver too much, because you are on a track anyways.

Get a better space system in place, then use the current "space" combat system and convert it over for this.

Not to **** all over this, but this sounds stupid. Reminds me of n64 episode 1 pod racing which was awful.

Episode One Racer was cool against human players but sucked against the ai & it sucked on N6

,PC version was alot better (when wasnt it in those days)

I do hope if swoop racing is introduced it isnt as lame as space combat though, Rebel Assault (which its obviously copied) was lame 15 year ago, needs to be more like the old Xwing & Tie Fighter sims or even Rogue Squadron or even Battlefront would be better

Edited by LucasEighty

Episode One Racer was cool against human players but sucked against the ai

I do hope if swoop racing is introduced it isnt as lame as space combat though, Rebel Assault (which its obviously copied) was lame 15 year ago, needs to be more like the old Xwing & Tie Fighter sims or even Rogue Squadron or even Battlefront would be better

Episode One Racer was cool against human players but sucked against the ai

I disagree, kind of. i think the current "space" combat system would be good for swoop racing, since it confines you to a pre-set course, just like a swoop racer would stay on a track.

Then they keep a use for an older mechanic when they finally bring in a decent space combat.