The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

elliotcat

Character: Ayrs Martell (Trooper, contains very mild class story spoilers)

Prompt: Planes, Trains, and Thrantamobiles

Notes; Skips ahead of my main/separate topic. Might or might not be related to the time I had in customs on my trip. :rolleyes:

"No, I don't have authorization, I'm coming in for repairs. If I didn't need repairs, I wouldn't be here in the first place. It's not I could get the authorization ahead of time, I couldn't exactly see a blown motivator in my future. Kark."

I gritted my teeth in frustration, Jorgan momentarily flashed his in a grimace that showed he was as frustrated as I was. Senator Krasul was in that space station somewhere. So was Wraith. I didn't intend to lose either one of them because some glorified desk jockey decided that Port Raga needed to follow its own regulations, especially since - from what intel we had - it would be the first time in the station's history anyone did so.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a couple of new blips on the scanner. Probably some kind of patrol boats or something. The Thunderclap would probably be able to take them out, but it'd blow any chance we had at getting onboard without attracting any real attention

"Sir", the nasally voice over the comm replied. "According to my supervisor, the problem is you submitted a YR-11 form which is appropriate for repairs up to 5000 credits in cost but, by your own admission, your own repairs will cost somewhere around 5500. Port Raga does not recognize the vouchers your provided from Czerka, either. However, if I can suggest a possible solution, there is a subsection within..."

I felt my right eye twitch and there was a loud pounding in my head. It sounded like Jorgan was choking on something. Maybe a hairball.

"...so if you provide us with copies in duplicate of those forms, we should be able to being processing your request."

This was why I hated traveling undercover, couldn't just fast-track my way through stuff like this. Worse, neither Jorgan nor I were particularly good with this kind of sithspawned nonsense either. Luckily, the horrifying droid Garza forced on us had proven useful for once and was shuffling towards me with datapad in hand. It turned to look at me, so I decided to focus intently on the scuff mark on the floor.

"Sir, I am most pleased to report that I have completed the appropriate forms as you requested. I hope you are pleased with my work, as I only live to serve."

I looked up and stared at the droid for a moment; I could have sworn the droid's nose was slightly more brown than the rest of its body, but it had proven useful this time. I waved a hand at it, and it shuffled over to the main console to transfer the forms.

"Hopefully your briefing with Jaxo is less awkward than your last one. Sir," I heard from behind me.

My eye twitched again.

Character: Amitia (previously unnamed Jedi Knight, no game spoilers)

Notes: Occurs at a vague time during Act 3

I felt a tug on my leg.

Looking down, I saw a young Twi'lek staring up my flowing white robes, eyes wide in amazement. "Hi! Are you a Jedi?"

I was glad Doc wasn't around, or else I'm sure I'd have heard more about 'baby Docs' again. I shuddered slightly, then composed myself and smiled back at the girl.

"Yes, I am. Have you ever met a Jedi befo-?"

The question wasn't even finished when I felt her presence react and the girl ran off towards a pair of adult Twi'leks, her parents I was guessing. Both were dressed in the same standard suit that most mid-level Republic officials wore, although it looked to my tragically out-of-date eye that the mother was willing to flout with tradition somewhat with her shoes. Unfortunately, my line of work didn't really lend itself to being fashionable, although it did - apparently - lend itself to wearing big, bulky robes.

"Ever get the feeling we're like fish out of water?" I heard Kira ask as I turned away from the girl pointing excitedly at me.

Now that she mentioned it, something did seem pretty off. I normally wouldn't have used Coruscanti public transportation, but Doc had commandeered our skiff for some kind of "pressing engagement" and Rusk had used our second speeder to visit some former squadmates of his. I couldn't begrudge him that, but I suspected Doc's engagement was more likely to do with his mustache than anything important.

So, here we were. Two Jedi in distinctive robes surrounded by office workers and bureaucrats on their way to work. The hushed whispers from the other passengers were hardly surprising. Neither was the slight grumbling when someone nearly tripped over my robes.

"A bit," I agreed, hoping the Force could make this tram go a bit faster, so we could enjoy breathable air again.

"Senate Plaza - Jedi Order Office" blared from the speakers.

Our stop, finally. It was getting pretty stuffy in my robes with all the crowd, especially with my hood up. Stupid thing seemed to be possessed, as I could never quite manage to keep it down. As Kira and I pressed our way out of the card alongside a handful of other passengers, I felt a collective relaxation in the Force. The Twi'lek girl was waving furiously at me from the window, though, so I waved back.

We approached the exits, but Kira stopped matching my stride and began patting herself and her robes.

I heard her sigh heavily. "You'd think they could find more room for pockets in these things."

Despite my best efforts, I couldn't help but laugh. "Lost your ticket again?"

"I"m going to break your record, boss."

Edited by Lesaberisa

Miriah and Corso, RotHC

no spoilers, ~ 1k words

Title: Gamblers Never Win

Corso shook his head as the black speck in the distance roared toward him. I should have known better than to agree to a night out in Anchorhead, he thought. No cards, and she wouldn’t have won that blasted speeder. He continued to watch as the speck grew larger, followed by a large cloud of dust and sand, and not a small contingent of womp rats. What the void had the previous owner done to it, he wondered. It was fast, way too fast in his opinion. Yet, he couldn’t help but grin at his wife’s obvious pleasure in it, seeing her long hair flying behind her, hearing her whoop of joy as she made the round again, from his perch on the ramp of the Stardancer to the outer post a couple of dunes over from the spaceport.

Risha joined him on the ramp, laughing as she saw Miriah speed off, and noted the look of concern on Corso’s face. “Aww let her have some fun. She deserves it, we all do. Since the Makeb missions, she’s been working too hard.” She sat beside her crew mate, and handed him a protein bar. “She’ll get tired and gritty soon enough, and be ready to …”

Her words were cut off by the fireball she saw shooting up into the sky over the dune, right were Miriah would have to be. Corso scrambled to his feet, punching his code into the airlock door, and grabbed a speeder. He took off toward the now black smoke and rising flame, Risha right behind him. No, no, no, no, he thought, trying to stay focused on finding her rather than letting his emotions overtake his brain. She’s a great pilot, she’ll be okay, he kept telling himself. Damn speeder, should have known there was something wrong with it. He started to see flaming pieces of metal scattered in front of him as he approached what he thought was the crash site. He saw several scorched womp rats, and was surveying the area when he heard her groan. Risha stopped beside him, looking around.

The sand in front of them shifted slightly, and they both heard the low groan again, just as Corso noticed the trail of oil that lead straight to the spot, and flame dancing ever closer, following the spill. He threw himself off the speeder and over her as the flame leaped in its new fuel source. Corso could feel the heat and smell the acrid fumes of his cortosis gear as it melted under the assault. Only the spray of clean sand that Risha heaped on his back extinguished the fire.

He lay there a few seconds, dazed by the fumes and the fear, and realized Miriah was being crushed. He quickly rolled over and started digging to unearth her, sand flying in all directions, Risha joining in. They uncovered her little by little, rolling her over so that she could breathe. She was still, so very still, he thought, her chest barely rising with her breath. “Let’s get her back to the ship, Cor, before we start getting company here,” Risha told him, and he agreed. He cradled his love in his arms, mounting the speeder with her in his lap, her head on his chest.

Guss was waiting with packs open and equipment humming when they boarded, Risha having sent a distress message back to the ship. He watched as Corso jogged up the ramp, smoke still rising from the ruined clothing hanging off his scorched back, the ends of his hair blackened. Miriah was placed on the medbay cot as gently as Corso could manage, given the burns he had suffered himself. Guss started the scan on his captain but turned his attention to the Mantellian who bowed over her, guiding him to the second cot and reaching for a pot of kolto gel.

“Just take care of her, Guss, I’m fine,” Corso told him as he felt the cooling relief of the gel as it began to heal the angry skin of his back. Guss snorted, trying not to hurt him.

“Are you kidding? She’ll stab me with my own lightsaber if I don’t take care of you first, and believe me, I’m more afraid of her than you.” Corso tried to relax, lying on his stomach, gritting his teeth against the pain when Guss pulled a charred piece of gear from his shoulder. He turned his head and saw that Miriah was blinking at him, tears in her luminous silver eyes. She reached out and touched his shoulder, her fingers trembling. He grabbed her hand and brought it to his lips.

“Darlin’, I’m fine, and I’m happier than I can say to see you awake,” he told her. “Don’t cry, at least not until I can hold you.” He winced as Guss injected him with something, and felt the world drift away, but he never let go of her hand.

A couple of days after the wreck, Miriah was sitting in the captain’s chair and Corso, his burns healed, sat in his usual seat, watching as she prepared to take them out of the spaceport. “Mir, darlin’, what happened on that speeder?” he asked her softly, seeing her glance at him before returning her eyes to her instruments. It was the first time he’d asked directly, thinking that if he waited a few days, it wouldn’t be so raw to talk about.

“I suspect it was rigged to blow, whether it was for me or the Rodian I won it from, I have no idea. “ She kept her face turned away, wiping the single tear that streaked down quickly. She still wasn’t over the fact that Corso had taken the pain of her folly with the speeder. “I guess we’ll never know for sure.” She looked up into those dark brown eyes she loved, and saw him grin.

“You sure had fun til the blast, though,” he laughed, and kissed her before they launched.

Edited by Magdalane

Wheeeeeeee!

One word, so many giggles :D

Icerose, Xenobiology lessons are fun. I always enjoy reading about species I don’t know a whole lot about, and it makes sense that K'saren would have to explain her abilities/limitations to the crew.

Lesaberisa, I’d imagine it would be quite the spectacle to see Jedi taking public transit, and I like the thought of these big, powerful Jedi having to do something so normal as take the bus (so to speak). :p

Magdalane, Your Corso is just the sweetest thing ever. And how scary the accident must have been for both of them.

Now for a couple fairly short stories for SW Rissia.

NotLP: Confessions

With Rissia and Vette. No spoilers. Takes place mid-Act I

“No, ewww, noooo. Tell me you’re not serious.”

Rissia scrunched up her nose and hid behind her hands, trying avoid Vette’s judgmental gaze.

“But he’s...he’s...Quinn. Ew.”

“I know. I mean, it started out as a joke, making him uncomfortable, flirting with him and all that. But then he started to... I mean, he’s cute!”

“Um, far be it from me to question a powerful Sith lord and all, but no. I just don’t see it.”

“OK, imagine he can’t talk, and he’s just standing silently across the room at some upscale cantina brooding over a nice strong drink. And you forget all previous knowledge of him.”

Vette mulled the scenario for a moment, her expression pained. “Nope, I can’t. Sorry, but it’s just not possible to forget his...Quinn-ness. Or the time we painted his toenails while he slept.”

Rissia giggled at the memory. The captain had made the mistake of spouting regulation to the girls regarding their creative uses for the uniforms he’d requisitioned. Vette sent hers out the airlock, and Rissia had modified hers with strategically placed cutouts that made Quinn turn five shades of red. As payback they decided to give him a pedicure in decidedly non-regulation Ravishing Red.

“I holorecorded his shrieking in the shower when he finally noticed.”

“Ooooh,” Vette grinned, “I’m gonna want a copy of that.”

Transportation

With Rissia and Quinn. No spoilers. Takes place on Alderaan in Act I.

“Where are the speeders?” Lord Rissia looked around the landing pad for their transport but saw nothing amid the flapping thrantas.

“My lord?”

“Speeders, Quinn. How are we supposed to get anywhere without a speeder?”

He cleared his throat and looked up at the winged beasts tethered a few feet away from them. “We’ll have to use the thrantas from this point on, my lord. They can travel over rugged terrain that speeders are ill equipped to navigate.”

“That is not transportation, Quinn. That is a giant bird thing,” she sputtered.

“While I admit they’re less than comfortable, they are perfectly safe, my lord. The odds of falling—”

“Don’t tell me the odds, captain,” she said angrily, then muttered under her breath, “I’m- I’m afraid of heights.”

“My lord?”

“I’m afraid of heights,” she said much more loudly, drawing amused looks from the handlers before they realized the outburst had come from a Sith lord.

Quinn frowned. “The thrantas don’t go much higher than some of the speeders we’ve taken.”

“Yes, but speeders are machines that can be reliably controlled. That is a whole different animal. It’s...an animal! Give me alternatives.”

“We could walk, my lord, but it would take days to reach the Planetary Power Generator at that pace.”

Rissia eyed the thranta warily and pouted. She wasn’t above hoofing it, but in her high-heeled boots, she’d be miserable by the end of the journey.

Quinn clenched his fists, not wanting to suggest the other alternative. But he had to. He knew Rissia was stubborn enough to walk, and he also knew he’d have to carry her once her feet started hurting. Stupid impractical non-regulation footwear.

“There is another alternative. We could ride together. Of course, you would need to hold on tightly.”

“Hold on to you,” she repeated. That wouldn’t have been problem a few weeks ago. She would have reveled in how uncomfortable he would be with her body pressed against his. But that was before she realized her feelings for him. She almost felt bad about how she’d so mercilessly teased him. The thought of holding him tightly threatened to detonate the ball of nerves in her stomach, but there was no way she was riding that thing by herself. “Very well.”

Quinn climbed on first, and after a few stops and starts, Rissia slid in behind him. He tensed as she wound her arms around his waist, and her breath tickled the back of his neck. He’d fantasized about her being this close, of course, but it was under completely different circumstances. This would only serve to strengthen the improper feelings he felt for his superior.

“Quinn.” Rissia’s voice in his ear broke his concentration, and the thranta wobbled slightly. “If I fall, I’m going to come back from the dead and murder you.”

He let the corners of his mouth turn up in a smile she couldn’t see. “Of course, my lord.”

Food

Rochester

Rochester checked over the recipe, the ingredients list, and scratched his head. Three days or month? Maybe he should just order the blasted thing in. He sighed and drew up a list, halving and then halving again, the required amounts of each ingredient. He re-read the recipe. On reflection, he decided that the reductions were a stupid idea. He threw out the list.

Rochester carefully laid out the baking film, smoothing it out with his hands. One corner had to be tamed by his tea cup, as it kept curling. He measured and sifted the flour, making sure to get an even coating on the film. And then he remembered the butter. A large pan with a thick - ish - base, filled with hot water and then butter.

Oh right, eggs. He checked the recipe again. It was the flour first and then the eggs. Rochester picked up the tray, making sure to keep the edges of the baking film stuck to it and tipped it up over the pan. There was a puff as flour went everywhere. Some of it managed to get into the pan, but most went all over the kitchen. His grey fatigues were now a blotchy white and there was a smell of burning...

He turned off the hotplate and shoved the pan aside. The butter and water sloshed about, but did not spill, thankfully. With the burnt flour wiped away, he decided it best to clean the rest of the tiny kitchen, as well.

Perhaps croquembroche was a bit ambitious for a novice baker. Maybe he should start with cupcakes first. Cupcakes and a shower.

Recipe based from here. It looks deceptively simple at first, but I of absolutely no doubt that it is a nightmare.

@Lesa, I feel Ayrs' pain when it comes to the paperwork...and might have laughed a little bit to read that it's probably the first time in the station's history anyone stuck to the rules.

Best context for Kira's statement yet. I can't imagine public transit on Coruscant being a welcoming experience.

@Magdalane, this one freaked me out :eek: So glad her friends were still nearby.

@marissalf, poor Rissia! I think thrantas are beautiful but I suspect I would be a lot less calm about it if faced with the prospect of actually flying on one.

@Tatile, I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who finds herself...overwhelmed?...in attempting baking. A shower and a change of clothes...yup.

Planes, Trains and Thrantamobiles with a side of What's in a Name? for Nalenne. No game spoilers. 250 words.

Nalenne stopped dead at the hangar window. There before her stood the Fury-class interceptor that Darth Baras had said she could call her own.

"This is going to be awesome," she told her slave.

"Maybe we can throw a party," her slave told her.

"Good idea. Just look at that! I'll call it...the S.A.B.E.R. Helicarrier."

"The what?" Vette said blankly.

"The Helicarrier! You know, from the Annihilators?"

"...The comic books?"

"Yes, the comic books," Nalenne said slowly. "Honestly, don't you read?"

"Comic books? No." Vette put her fists on her hips. "You're seriously naming your ship after a comic book?"

"After the best comic book vessel out there. You've seriously never heard of it?"

"Nope. And happy that way."

"You had a deprived childhood, Vette."

"...um, yeah. Slave." Vette eyed the ship. "S.A.B.E.R.?"

"Strategic Aggression, Battle, Eradication Regiment. The exact acronym components have changed with different comic runs but it's always some variation on that."

"Kind of sorry I asked. How about the nonsense part? Heli-carrier."

"Well, it's a carrier with a full complement of Aurek-fusion-ray fighters. Plus it has four huge helical rotors so it can run up onto enemy ships and chop them to pieces."

"...That is the stupidest thing I ever heard. And also probably not physically possible, at least not without trashing itself in the process. And what kind of nerd names her ship after a comic book ship of stupid?"

Nalenne gave Vette a quick collar zap. "That's enough out of you."

"Ow! Nerd."

Zap.

"nerd."

"Leaving now."

Notes:

Vette is the comic-book hater of Nalenne's crew.

The S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier of Avengers fame is an aircraft carrier that has massive rotors for taking off and flying. I wanted to come up with an analogous "that's an idiotic physical application and would never ever work." Melee combat in space seemed to fit the bill.

Edited by bright_ephemera

Replies!

Irishfino, I loved this! It was nice to see Rylee’s evolving impression of Geltie, from skepticism to infatuation to this point where she’s got faith in him that comes from genuine affection rather than because she’s part of his cult. The whole thing was just so lovely and romantic.

Thank you :D.

Irish - Rylee is certainly taking on the role of supportive wife, but without the expected scheming and manipulations of, well, any woman with a powerful husband and her own ambitions. Any future power plays against Gelt would undoubtedly involve undermining his confidence in her.

Rylee is definitely a target. Gelt and Ravage have the rivalry that sort of starts at the end of SI Chapter 3 when Ravage exclaims "He's a Lord! He can't be on the Council." and Marr's all "Shut up, sucka, he's a Darth now."

That, uh, might not be an accurate transcript. XD

Thanks for reading everyone!! :D

Story!

NotLP: Discovery

Characters: Gelt, Rylee, Ravage, and cameos by Mortis and Marr

It Begins

“When I heard Darth Occulus hadn’t been up to his usual womanizing ways,” Ravage said, starting in on Gelt for the hundredth time this meeting, “I thought ‘He could be’,” he paused here and curled his lips, glaring at Gelt like the trash he thought him to be, “’in love.’” He spat out the word “love” like venom on his tongue.

Gelt stared at him with an amused half-smirk. Far be it from him to goad the man into an argument, but if he wanted to start one, far be it from him to deny Ravage the chance to be verbally beaten down. That’s all these meetings ever produced anyway. Might as well have a bit of fun at Ravage’s expense.

“I did a little investigating,” Ravaged continued. The way he wrapped his tongue around “investigating” sent a shiver down Gelt’s spine. “I found your little wh*re.”

Gelt put on his best bored to tears face and stared at Ravage with half-lidded eyes. “Is there a point to all of this?”

“Of course there’s a point, whelp!” Ravage snarled. “Your little whore was captured in an area she shouldn’t have been in.”

“I’ll be very upset if you broke my toy.” He would be more than upset, he would be devastated.

“Under torture she admitted to breaking into the archives for the purpose of obtaining maps.”

“I’d call my mother a hussy under torture, Ravage, that confession means nothing.”

“Except she had maps on her person.” Ravage sat back in his chair and smirked.

Gelt frowned. “Where is she?”

As soon as he asked, he wished he hadn’t. Ravage smirked that damn winning smirk of his and turned his head toward the door that led to the back room. Gelt turned his attention to the door and watched as a barely conscious Rylee was dragged in by two unknowns. Her two escorts threw her to the floor and walked off. She made a noise as she hit the floor, but didn’t move or make any other sound. Gelt sighed dramatically and left his chair. He was deeply concerned, of course, but showing it would mean a challenge and a challenge would likely end in her death. It wasn’t worth it. Not to him.

When he reached her, he flipped her onto her back with his foot. She made another pained noise then lay silent.

“Where’s your evidence, Ravage?” Gelt asked, still looking down at Rylee. She was covered in burns. Her clothes were patchy and spotted with blood. Lightning and knives, most likely. She would recover a little worse for wear, but she would recover nonetheless.

“I left it on her person. Have fun finding it.”

“Did you take drama lessons from Vowrawn?” Gelt quipped. He knelt down next to Rylee and patted her down. She flinched and whimpered at his touch.

“It’s in my pocket,” she whispered hoarsely. “Star chart…” Then she was quiet again.

Gelt reached into her pocket and pulled out the chip containing the information she had procured. Without a second thought, he slipped it into his datapad and loaded the information. The files were from the late Darth Baras: ways to extend the conflict, ways to become the Voice of the Emperor, his spies entrenched in the Jedi Order on Tython. Tython. Tython wasn’t on any Imperial map and he had only heard of it from his mother once or twice before her death.

“Once again, Ravage, you acted first and thought after,” Gelt said as he stood. “I have here something that will win us this war.”

“The suspense is killing me,” Ravage drawled.

“Shut up and let him speak,” Marr said.

“Please continue,” insisted Mortis.

“How many of you have heard of Tython?”

Notes:

Yep, that's happening.

@ bright, that's probably something I'd do. :p

Prompt - Fame

Title - Heroism

Class - Jedi Knight

Act 3 spoilers

Jasin entered the Old Galactic Market with a cheerful smile on his face. It had always been his dream, as a prince on Phaeda, to be able to just go out among the commoners and see their celebrations, join in. But the only time he'd ever been part of the celebrations was when he and his father and brother were parading through the villages, and the people were worshipping them.

As a Jedi, all he had to do was wear his brown robes instead of his battle armor, pull them over him, and go out and watch, and no one would ever be the wiser about who he was. It was something he'd never gotten to do before, something that most people took for granted. But for him, it was pure excitement.

He took a seat at a table at an outdoor restaurant and leaned forward, putting his elbows on the table, and watched as the parade started to go past. There were various floats designed in honor of one Senator or another, one decorated in Coruscant Security Force colors, and with CSF troops actually walking alongside, waving at the crowd.

Jasin smiled, glad to see the real heroes getting praised and hailed. He had done nothing as a prince to earn praise, nothing except be the son of the king, and that had always irked him. If he was going to be praised–and he preferred not to be–then it would be for something he'd done, not because the commoners were scared of getting a blaster bolt between the eyes if they didn't cheer.

"Can I get you something, Master Jedi?" asked a waitress.

He smiled up at her. "Just water and a plate of shroomchips and a nerf burger, please."

"Coming right up," she said with a smile, and walked away.

"Hey," someone said excitedly. "Hey, you!"

Jasin looked down. There was a little boy, eight years old or so, dressed in a costume version of Jedi battle armor with a plastic replica lightsaber clipped to his belt. He jumped up and down in excitement, tugging on Jasin's sleeve.

"Guys, over here!" he said happily.

A group of children, varying in age, species, and gender, ran up, wearing costume Jedi robes and plastic lightsabers, some, Jasin noted with a smile, even dressed as Master Satele. He smiled, leaned down, and smiled at the lead kid, the one who had first noticed him.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi!" the little boy responded with glee. "Look!"

He pointed up at a float that was now coming by. Jasin saw to his distress that the giant balloon tied to it had his face decorated on it. He rubbed the scruffy goatee on his chin, sighed.

"I was the one who suggested you," the boy said proudly. "I won, so our class decorated the balloon like you!"

Jasin shook his head. "Why?"

"Because you're a hero!" a Rodian child exclaimed.

[You killed the Emperor,] said a Wookiee.

Jasin smiled, nodded. "Well, yes, I did." Under his breath, he muttered, "I hope."

"You're a hero!" said the lead boy.

"All right, go!" said the waitress, who had just come back. "Let the Jedi eat his meal in peace."

"Yes, ma'am," chorused the children.

They ran off, several extending the blades on their plastic lightsabers and hitting them together roughly. The waitress patted Jasin on the shoulder.

"You know," she said, "they really do look up to you."

Jasin sighed. "Yeah, I know."

"Cheer up. You earned it."

As she walked away, he smiled down at his plate, popped a shroomchip in his mouth, and nodded to himself. Yes, he supposed, he had. He tried to tell himself he wasn't a hero–he'd just done what needed to be done. But a small part of him felt good. At least now, they weren't cheering him on for nothing.

Come on, we've all whacked someone hard with a plastic lightsaber. ;)

:):sul_smile::tran_grin::i_biggrin::jawa_biggrin:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have officially reached ONE THOUSAND STORIES on this thread! The 49 authors of the thread have earned 166,000 pageviews while writing a combined 857,619 words over the past year. That's the word count equivalent of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy plus the first three and a half Harry Potter books!

The thousandth story, by my count, is YoshiRaphElan's Fame/Heroism. Congratulations!

Some figures from the stories thus far:

Longest: Ereiniel's Teachers and Heroes entry, with 5676 words. The longest multi-post story is Morgani's Brothers and Sisters, which weighs in at 19197 words.

Shortest: Striges' Varrel Umrahiel in Ceremonies, with 42 words. Unless you want to count the single word of Nalenne's contribution to bright_ephemera's four-part Tauntaun Roundup.

Timeline earliest: Striges' Varrel Umrahiel in a First about half a century before the class line.

Timeline latest: kabeone's Lord Scourge in the RemiGrey!verse, with a Worst Day Ever in 281 ATC.

The Old Faithful Club: Five authors have posted at least one story per month ever since the SFC was founded: Tatile, Striges, Magdalane, kabeone, and iamthehoyden.

Story counts:

Most popular prompts:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_popularprompts.png

Word count distribution:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_wordcounts.png

Featured story classes:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_storiesbyclass.png

OCs (original characters):

Most frequently appearing OCs:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_featuredOCs.png

Among OCs who have appeared in three or more stories (may exclude a handful whose data I couldn't ascertain)...

Classes (among game-story OCs):http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_OCclasses.png

Class and gender breakdown (among game-story OCs):

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_OCclassgenders.png

(Rho is the loneliest Knight.)

OC species:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_OCspecies.png

OC affiliations:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_OCaffiliations.png

Locations:

Most represented planets/ships:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_storylocations.png

Most represented universes:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_universes.png

Companions and NPCs:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_companions.png

Tell Me The Odds: Throw a dart at this thread and there's a 14.2% chance you'll hit Quinn!

Interest in Love Interests: Only Talos Drellik and Lord Scourge are more popular than both their respective classes' love interests. Khem Val, Doctor Lokin, Gault, Zenith, Qyzen Fess, and Tharan Cedrax each manage to be more popular than one of their classes' love interests (Ashara, Temple, Torian, and 3xNadia, respectively).

Top Guest NPCs:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_guestNPCs.png

Hookups:

Kissy couples (5+ stories):

• Miriah Chantalle and Corso Riggs
  • Rochester Windthorpe and Broan
  • Sana Kaarde and Aric Jorgan
  • Ruth Niral and Malavai Quinn
  • Vierce Savins and Elara Dorne
  • Remi and Lord Scourge
  • Ipha Kodrevas and Aric Jorgan
  • Geltie and Rylee
  • Athra and Malavai Quinn
  • Esma Kaarde and Lord Scourge
  • Maura Chantalle and Aric Jorgan

Busiest cross-universe companions (number of partners):

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_lovedcompanions.png

Other Fish in the Sea: The only companions to kiss more than one partner within one universe are Quinn and Kaliyo in bright_ephemera's Ruth!verse and Corso in elliotcat's Ayang!verse.

Busiest OCs:

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/bright_ephemera/Misc%20SWTOR/1000%20Stories/1000_promiscuousOCs.png

Thanks for the stories, and keep on writing! :D

Yaaay! *throws a dart to see if she hits a Quinn*

=CEILING(1000*RAND(),4)

(In my Excel spreadsheet, this generates a random integer from 1 to 1000.)

And it generated

which is

Quinn and Wynston getting it on in Pierce Junior's fic. Congratulations, Ves, you threw a dart and hit a Quinn. A very busy Quinn.

=CEILING(1000*RAND(),4)

(In my Excel spreadsheet, this generates a random integer from 1 to 1000.)

And it generated

which is

Quinn and Wynston getting it on in Pierce Junior's fic. Congratulations, Ves, you threw a dart and hit a Quinn. A very busy Quinn.

There can be no better thing than this thing.

Thanks for all the stats :D nomnom data and thanks to everyone who wrote anything or commented in the past year <3 you guys.

Well done everyone!! And thanks for the stats Bright

This threat has reached the EPIC level :D

Onto more stories and beyond!!

Prompt : Planes, Trains and Thrantamobiles

feat Xania and Andronikos - No spoilers

Xania circled around the large vehicle sitting in display at the dealer's main showroom, with a satisfied expression. She reached out, letting her hand slide down the side, caressing its smooth metal.

“I did not realise you were into this sort of toys” said Andronikos with a half grin

She turned around with a smug look “Surprised that I would want to ride in style?”

“A sleek fighter type warship is not enough?”

“That's for space. I need something that will allow me to travel on planets”

“And so you just go for the most expensive model they have here...A Dessler Avenger is not for every pocket”

She sighed “You should know by now that money is not the issue here. Besides, I would have bought a Korrealis Sovereign but they no longer manufacture those” she replied with a touch of disappointment in her voice

He threw his hands in the air mockingly “Of course. How could I forget that you are a member of the never ending money comes out of my ears club.” He paused “All right. What is the issue then? What is troubling you now?”

She crossed her arms in front of her “The colour...not sure what to choose.”

“Red” he said without hesitation

“Why red? Are you following the Sith code of colour conduct too?”

“No. But it would go well with your hair” he replied smiling

She pondered the option for a moment “I did not think of that. Yes, I guess red will do”

He moved closer “I'll drive”

“You pilot the ship”

“All right” he replied, sighing but she was no longer listening, too intent on choosing the optional features from the catalogue.

Note:

Even though the Dessler Avenger can't be bought, I've imagend this happening in a speeder showroom :p

I Love/Hate This Bar

Darth Ninka led the group to a table in the back. There was no real occasion for their gathering, only a reunion of sorts now that they had all gone their separate ways. Pierce pulled out her seat for her in an act of gallantry more mocking than anything else.

Quinn scowled at the display, then around him. He sat quickly with his back to the wall.

"Is everything alright with you, Quinn. You seem a bit on edge, more than usual." Ninka asked.

"And that's saying a lot." Vette quipped.

"I hate this bar." Quinn muttered, "Every time I walk in here there's a fourteen percent chance someone playing darts will hit me."

Pierce chuckled, "Maybe with all of us here it'll help reduce the odds."

The former captain narrowed his eyes. "Somehow I don't think that will help me." A projectile ricocheted off Pierce's shoulder guard and fell onto Quinn's lap, mercifully point up. He sighed and waved for a drink muttering, "What kind of bar name is Senth Forn Cresh anyway?"

edit to add some late comments

@Magdalane such a scary thing to witness but this:

“Are you kidding? She’ll stab me with my own lightsaber if I don’t take care of you first, and believe me, I’m more afraid of her than you.”

Guss is the best

@marissalf I might have laughed a bit too loudly at this

“I holorecorded his shrieking in the shower when he finally noticed.”

@Tatile three days or a month confused the heck out of me too and the real life recipe didn't exactly clear things up. Ahh the novice baker with a tiny kitchen. Cupcakes... cupcakes forever.

edit edit : because I don't like multiposting

@bright

"Ow! Nerd."

Zap.

"nerd."

"Leaving now.

You write the best Vette :D

Edited by kabeone

@ irishfino, ugh, the grandstanding takes on a level of visceral ow when Force-blinds get thrown into the power struggle.

@Yoshi,

At least now, they weren't cheering him on for nothing.

Beautifully put together. And yes, I have given and received mighty plastic-lightsaber blows before.

@Selentar

He threw his hands in the air mockingly “Of course. How could I forget that you are a member of the never ending money comes out of my ears club.”

Nice club if you can get in! It must be nice for a former slave to have the luxury of picking out bright red speeders.

I Love/Hate This Bar"I hate this bar." Quinn muttered, "Every time I walk in here there's a fourteen percent chance someone playing darts will hit me."

Aaahahaha! Better not tell him about the two-tenths of a percent chance he'll end up with some Chiss guy's flame-brilliant eyes thrusting through his defences like so much illusory mist to penetrate to his vulnerable centre. Mere darts don't sound so bad now, do they?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have officially reached ONE THOUSAND STORIES on this thread! The 49 authors of the thread have earned 166,000 pageviews while writing a combined 857,619 words over the past year. That's the word count equivalent of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy plus the first three and a half Harry Potter books!

That is just awesome — so many good stories to read! And seriously, this nerd loves some charts!

Comments:

Bright, I love the fact that Nalenne is a comic book geek. There’s just something about a powerful Sith lord geeking out over comics that makes me smile.

Tatile, It’s probably for the best that Rochester gave up before he got to step 12 of that recipe. Drizzling molten hot sugar all over everything — terrifying.

Yoshi, The thought of little kids running around with their play lightsabers and robes is too cute. :) And it’s nice that Jasin got a taste of some well-earned hero worship.

Selentar, “Sith code of colour conduct,” haha, I like this. And I can relate to Xania — the color is important, especially if you’re going to plunk down a hunk of credits for the thing. *cough, may or may not have bought a car solely based on color, cough*

Kabe, *giggles* That was perfect :D

So this is my first time posting in here. I have been lurking in here, reading everyone's great works for months. I have felt guilty for not contributing, but I am extremely shy about sharing and I am by no means a writer. In fact, I was a math teacher for several years before being a Mommy, so I am great with numbers, bad with words. So it is with great courage and tons of nerves that I decided to finally step up and share. This was inspired by my frustrations over seeing that Aric Jorgan is still wearing an undershirt after yesterday's patch. This short piece took me a while to write and I am still unsure if I have it totally the way I want it or if I will ever attempt writing again, but here goes....hope it isn't too bad.

Prompt: Working out the Kinks

Title: The Things You Find Yourself Getting Talked Into

Featuring: Mallayse-trooper, Belladonya-smuggler, and companions

Time: shortly after Act I

“Stars, how did I ever let Bella and Risha talk me into this?” Mallay muttered as she very carefully got into position, trying to be silent. At that she heard laughter over her holo’s earpiece.

“Because, sister dearest, one-you know that I would totally do it for you if I could, but you are a little smaller than I am and a lot more athletic, two-Risha offered you a lot of credits, and three-you want to see it too,” Bella told her.

She has a point, Mallay thought. I do need the credits since the ship’s droid can’t seem figure out how to wash delicates without ruining them. She started washing her underthings herself after most became unwearable. She had to admit to herself that she was very curious as to what he really looks like. She felt a little guilty though. This wasn’t something she would normally do and she was always the shy one. Worse still, if she got caught, she would be extremely embarrassed and could be in serious trouble.

“Are you sure this stealth generator will hide me long enough? I really haven’t used them much at all,” she whispered.

“Honestly, Captain, are you sure you are related to her?” she could hear Risha ask Bella.

“Risha has a point sis, you are the commander of a Spec Forces squad and think nothing of putting yourself in extremely dangerous situations all of the time. Stop being so skittish and just stick to the plan!”

“Yeah, this isn’t quite the same thing here. He is going to be pissed if he catches me and I could get reported, especially if Elara finds out,” Mallay whispered. She heard more laughter at that.

“Um, about that,” Bella started carefully, “we kinda told her.”

“What?!! Stars Bella, you and Risha can’t keep a secret for anything! Why would you tell her?!” Mallay hissed.

“Relax sir, I won’t say anything. After all of this time, I am curious too. Besides, who do you think came up with that perfect location and made sure Forex needed to power down?” Elara giggled, slurring a little.

“Are you guys drinking?! I need you focused! I can’t get caught, I mean it.” Mallay whispered nervously. Damn nerves, she was sweating, she hated sweating! The narrow metal beam she was laying on was starting to dig in her hip a little. She felt her grip slipping a little and tried to calm herself. If she wasn’t careful, she was going to fall, and they were over there drinking! Worse, she was starting to have second thoughts.

“Hey guys, I am really not sure we should go through with this,” she whispered.

“Relax Mallay, its not like anyone else is going to see the holo pic, it is your camera, you are going to bring it over to my ship later, we all get a good look, then you can erase it,” her sister replied.

“Yeah Mallay, we just want to see a little eye candy, that’s all,” Risha chimed in, “I swear I won’t even touch the camera. That pic won’t go anywhere. Honestly, do you think we could have talked Elara into being in on this otherwise?”

“It’s true sir!” Elara piped up.

“I still can’t believe they talked you into this Elara!” Mallay whispered.

“Mallay, keep your cool and remember the plan. Everything is going great so far. Forex is powered down, Elara is here with us, Corso and Bowdaar are both out, the stealth generator is working, and you are in perfect position,” Bella calmly explained. “ Now pay attention because thanks to your sudden rifle malfunction that needed attention, Jorgan is getting messy and should need a shower very soon. Since he thinks you are out shopping, he will probably shuck is dirty clothes and head to the refresher without a care in the world.”

“Oh, here he comes!” Mallay whispered quickly.

“Good luck sis, and don’t worry, we will save you a drink!” Bella laughed.

“Oh and sir,” Dorne slurred, “Even if you get caught, I don’t think he will mind that much. I have caught him looking at you more than once with the most interesting look on his face and there was that whole Balkar thing.”

Mallay hoped her medic was right about that, for several reasons. The top one being that she was finding herself becoming quite attracted to that grumpy Cathar. His voice alone was enough to give her some rather interesting thoughts, not to mention the dreams she'd been having lately. She smiled as some of those thoughts started surfacing. “Well, that is one way to calm myself,” she thought with a smile as she waited for the show to begin.

A holo chime startled her out of her daydreaming and she nearly slipped. She heard Aric’s lovely voice as he answered it on his way to the crew quarters.

Stop daydreaming and stay focused stupid! she told herself. She heard his deep chuckle and a tingle ran down her spine. Stars, she was really starting to have it bad for this man. She watched as he finished on the holo, too far away for her to hear who he was talking to and since his back was to her, she hadn’t seen who it was either.

She could hear him whistling as he was undressing. Any second he would be making his way to the refresher and she would have her shot. She reached for the holocamera while keeping herself balanced, feeling relieved that this debacle was almost over. Her hands shook as she tried to steady the camera….any second now. Stars, what is taking him so long, Mallay wondered in frustration, I want this over with….the anticipation is killing me!

Her senses told her something was wrong. It was quiet….too quiet. The whistling had stopped.

She let out a scream as she felt a sharp poke on her thigh, lost her balance and fell out of the rafters into the arms of a very amused Aric Jorgan. She could feel the blush creeping up into her face and her stealth generator had slipped off her belt. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words would come out. She could hear way too much laughing over her earpiece and she was pretty sure she heard a slurred “uh-oh, busted,” from one of them.

“Interesting call I just got,” Aric said, sounding way too amused as he put her down. “I really thought your sister and Risha had set Corso up for some silly prank when he told me that you were trying to get a holo shot of me. You really don’t seem the type that would actually pull a stunt like that. However, I dug out an old stealth generator I had, put it on, came out and watched where Corso said you were positioned. Sure enough, I could make out a blur where he said you would be. You must have really been nervous to have been shaking bad enough to be seen. You should have seen your face when I poked you and you fell out. Now that would have been worth a holo pic!”

“I am so sorry. I swear it won’t happen again. I can’t believe I let them talk me into this. I deserve it if you decide to report me.” Mallay squeaked out as she finally found her voice.

“I am not going to report you,” Aric told her gently, “I am actually flattered that you girls would go through all of that trouble for me. I will admit, it was a really good plan, but I was a little shocked that Dorne was in on it....she seems like the type even less than you. What you girls didn’t count on was the fact that Corso doesn’t trust Risha very much after he caught her trying to peak in on him in the ‘fresher. So when he saw her and your sister talking to you, drinking and laughing, he was sure you were all up to something. He stuck a listening device under the counter where they were sitting before he left. At first he thought they were going to do something to him, but when Dorne showed up, he knew he wasn’t the victim. He heard the whole plan and decided to let me in on it, figuring it was about time one of your pranks backfired.”

Mallay could still hear way too much laughing in her earpiece when Risha finally spoke. “You know, I must admit, I never thought Farm Boy would have been able to catch us. I think I might like him more now.”

“Well, thank you Risha,” Mallay heard Corso say, “but I still owe you for trying to spy on me in the shower.”

Mallay disconnected her holo and looked up at Jorgan. How was she ever going to get over this embarrassment? She should have never let Bella and Risha talk her into this….she must have been out of her mind.

“You really aren’t going to report me?” she asked, feeling the blush creep back up her face.

“No reason to really, I think the fact that you seem to be extremely embarrassed over this and are unlikely to get over that embarrassment anytime soon is enough for me. Besides, you didn’t actually see anything. I think it is quite funny that you got Dorne to go along with it.” Then a wicked smile crossed his features, “As for your sister and Risha, I promised Corso I would help him get even for the shower incident.” He laughed as he headed into the refresher.

“Stars, is this day going to get any more humiliating for me?” Mallay grumbled.

“Oh, by the way sir,” Aric laughed as he came back out of the refresher and tossed something at her, “you left these in the sink.” She caught the wet bundle and blushed again as she realized she had forgotten her bras and panties were soaking in the sink.

She watched him as he headed into the refresher to shower thinking to herself,I don’t know what is worse, being caught, the embarrassment of what she was caught doing, having Aric see her lacy underthings, or the fact that he still had that stupid undershirt on!

Well, in the very least, I feel better about lurking and reading everyone else's stuff now that I have shared something! :)

Edit: hmmm, guess a small chunk got cut off when I copied it over.

Edited by alaurin
a part got cut off when copying over

Welcome to the thread ( I was new to writing and also lurked here for a LONG time before starting) and great start! :)

A few items:

Veresia (SI)

Prompt: Planes, Trains and Thrantamobiles

Notes: Mild Inquisitor spoilers.

The shuttle rocked slightly to the side as more turbulence hit it.

Looking out the window, Veresia could see the desolate landscape of Korriban looming below, only slightly more unwelcome a sight than Harrion Vular. The man had attached himself to her trip to the Sith Academy, claiming to be fulfilling some mission for Darth Lachris as her primary apprentice. In reality…well, she’d recognized his true intentions from the start, the way his eyes traced her figure as she walked by or lingered on every bit of her even after they had finished speaking. To be safe, she made sure the ranking overseer, a pureblood Sith that seemed to at least match Vular in rank, was never far away.

And now she was near her escape, if it could be called that, quite possibly the first time a non-Sith had come to Korriban and seen it as a blessing. Vular had described the glorious future ahead of her; training in the ways of the dark side and a place at the vanguard of Sith power. For the glory of the Sith Empire, they thought. She knew better. It was for her friends, family, home, and for that little girl that had died that day on Ithaca..

“Perhaps, one day, you will even find yourself moving further up in the Sith hierarchy, especially if you perform the necessary service to those above you,” Vular had told her as he licked his lips delicately.

She shuddered at the memory of that, and pulled her robes tighter over her shoulders, as if to shield against it. Her Force-sensitivity had always been a matter of secrecy for so long that it felt odd to be thinking in terms of exploiting it in any way; all her life it had been something to be hidden, to not admit to. Her father had been strong in the Force as well, but just as it had brought her parents together on some distant battlefield, it had also torn them apart the day the Order had come to him with one last mission that he never returned from.

Her mother had changed after that. The smiles were briefer, forced, seemingly unwelcome. Sometimes it looked as if they pained her greatly. Her brothers had done their best to keep matters as normal as possible, but then Ayrs was gone too, in his own way. Of course, he communicated from the academy as much as possible, but it wasn’t the same, and mother had grown more distant still.

Then…then none of it mattered. She’d been nothing more than a girl the day fire rained from the sky and destroyed her world, but that girl was buried deep inside now, locked away in the darkest crevices of her personality. She couldn’t ever let herself be that girl any more, couldn’t take the pain, couldn’t stand the memories, couldn’t risk the chance of losing it all again. No, the girl that had been Veresia Martell had died that day on Ithaca, the echo of her was all that remained in the cramped shuttle compartment.

Veresia shivered again, and her mind wandered for a moment to her brother, who must surely believe that his entire family was dead and his home destroyed. She wondered if he was still out there, somewhere, if he would still find her like he always had. She felt a sharp pain in her heart at that, then pushed it away as quickly as it had arrived. Only that scared little girl had a brother out there for her, not her. Only a little girl would seek refugee in her big brother coming to rescue her from what lay ahead.

Korriban was no place for a little girl.

But afterwards…

Even as the thought began, it was interrupted by a buzzing at the door. Most likely Kory, the kind but completely doomed girl from a couple of cabins over. She was everything someone at the Sith Academy did not want to be, and Veresia already knew it could not end well. It was unfair too; that someone should be fated to die simply because they retained the ability to remember that there was more to life than unbridled emotion and power.

Veresia sighed softly, she couldn’t afford that kind of thinking either; Kory deserved better, but there was nothing to be done for her. A little girl needed friends, Veresia needed allies – powerful ones. Still, there was no harm in enjoying friendly companionship when it was possible, she was only too aware of what lay ahead of her. It was nice to have someone who didn't view her as a tool for advancement or...worse.

It felt like an eternity since she'd met someone with whom she could pretend life might be normal some day.

The little girl smiled and opened the door..

Amurri (Bounty Hunter)

Prompt: Worst Day Ever

Notes: Very, very mild companion spoiler. Also a terrible way for poor Amurri to get started in my stories :(

I shook myself awake. Long haul out of Belsavis, and I still wasn’t sure what I’d gotten myself into. The Great Hunt was one thing, helping Mako out was too. She was more of a sister to me than my real ones ever had been. Getting caught up in politics with the karking Sith?

I grimaced, then rounded the corner into the kitchen and saw it. Him. I closed my eyes, counted to ten, and then opened them. The sight that greeted me was more horrifying than anything I had seen

No luck, Skadge was still there.

Ayrs

Prompt: Food

Notes: Another skip ahead of my main topic, set sometime during Act 3.

Nothing quite satisfied a late night craving like firing up the stove and cooking one of the bantha steaks I’d gotten from Vik in exchange for going a little easier on him. With a little creativity, I’d even managed to acquire some appropriate steak sauce from the quartermaster, a feat that’d even impressed Elara. I couldn’t enjoy them regularly, but – by the Force – when I did, did I ever.

I carefully placed the cut on my plate and poured an appropriate amount of sauce over it, savoring every moment of that most beautiful of sights. After I finished, I added some more sauce because, hey, it doesn’t hurt to live a little. My mouth was watering as I sat down at the small table, pulled out my chair and plopped down into it, utensils at the ready.

Eating a steak is like a frontal assault on a soft target; sure, it could be done easily, but you wanted to savor the experience. I carefully cut into the meat and got to work.

I almost didn’t hear the soft padding on the ground as Elara walked into the room, yawning languidly and stretching her arms as she did so. She didn’t seem to be wearing much other than my old Huttball jersey and some regulation shorts, so any attention I’d been paying to my steak was quickly diverted.

“Hey, sweetheart, did I wake you? I was just a little hungry, I didn't mean to make too much noise.”

She wrinkled her nose at the smell of the steak, then shook her head. “Your absence woke me, not the sound of you consuming still more food. Speaking of which, if I recall correctly, did you not agree to monitor that more carefully during your last...medical examination?”

“What’dya mean,” I said. Well, tried to say. I’d still been chewing on a piece of steak, so some sauce dribbled down the side of my mouth and I’m pretty sure it all came out sounding a lot more like Huttese than Basic.

She rolled her eyes, arched her eyebrows slightly, then crossed her arms across her chest. The mock indignation was palpable.

Sensing a challenge, I gallantly sprang out of my seat, and gripped her around the waist, prompting a surprised and un-Elaralike meep from her. Seizing the moment like a good field commander would, I planted a big, wet, and steak-flavored kiss right on her lips and winked at her. She smiled at that, then affixed a strangely exaggerated frown to her face.

“This sauce is decidedly substandard, I will have no choice but to demonstrate how to properly prepare a steak sauce. And, judging from the quality of your steak, I will have to do the same in that area as well. It is entirely unacceptable to eat a steak without a proper marinade and seasoning. One would think you had no experience in such matters from the look of this."

I'd never loved her as much as I did then.

Edited by Lesaberisa

@alaurin, welcome to the thread! Corso and Jorgan are a logical pair for an alliance when the Smuggler and Trooper are a) related, b) female and c) trouble. :D

@Lesaberisa, great trio. Building the background up to the emotional punch of the first, the pithy and extremely sympathetic Worst Day Ever, the adorable Elara moment.